Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything??

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag
Hi fellow forum members

I'm a new member who's just signed-up so good to meet you all.

I've ordered a Turbo a few months ago and my freeze date is tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ). I've been driving the dealer mad with a number of spec changes between the MY2020 and the MY2021 and actually delayed my order to get the MY2021 mainly for the 22kW AC onboard charger as I've got a 22kW charging point in the office and been told the charging time will be around 3-4 hours ( half the time of the standard 11kW AC model ).

Had a few dilemmas around spec but finally settled on the below - slightly nervous about Crayon external colour with the Crayon/Black leather finish but the images on the configurator look good. Only seen Crayon with black interiors in real life so hope that's not a mistake - any member got the Crayon / Crayon spec with some photos to share!?

Still no idea if the DC charger 150kW is worthwhile option in the UK as I've read differing views on this, but for £300 I've added it anyway.

Any last-minute thoughts or suggestions before my freeze date? Debated the HUD as I've always had that option in my Beemers, but decided against it.

Thanks all.
John

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Spec.JPG

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? Graphic.JPG

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Looks fantastic. I am not convinced about the 150 charger either but ordered it just in case.
The only addition and it's free, is: Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black if you wanted the black similar to window surrounds?

Porsche Taycan Turbo ordered - freeze date tomorrow ( 22nd Dec ) - missed anything?? https-cc-porsche-com-icc-ccCall-do-userID-EG-lang-en-PARAM-parameter_internet_en-webcode-PMEF8

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Ordered the On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW here too, although I don't know if there is anywhere local to me I'll be able to use it anytime soon.

AndreasLondon

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looks fantastic. I am not convinced about the 150 charger either but ordered it just in case.
The only addition and it's free, is: Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black if you wanted the black similar to window surrounds?

https-cc-porsche-com-icc-ccCall-do-userID-EG-lang-en-PARAM-parameter_internet_en-webcode-PMEF8...png
I have those in mine and to be honest they look very unexciting...almost not visible as all black on black. Would spec the illuminated ones if I could do again.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ( on order ), BMW 740D M Sport ( current ), BMW M6 Gran Coupe ( previous )
Country flag

https-cc-porsche-com-icc-ccCall-do-userID-EG-lang-en-PARAM-parameter_internet_en-webcode-PMEF8...png
Thanks for the reply Martin - will take a look.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure what the standard spec version looks like so going to head back to the configurator now.

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered the On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW here too, although I don't know if there is anywhere local to me I'll be able to use it anytime soon.
Cheers Josh - some of the forums suggest it's of little use in the UK, some of them suggest it's an option you've just got to have.....so like you decided just to go with it!

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I think most of the options I picked were characterised that way. :confused: Half the online reviews said they were must-haves - needed not to dilute the full Porsche experience... where the other half said they were completely unnecessary.

I'm trying not to look at my spec now for fear of wanting to change it... I've never been so excited about getting a new car. ?

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think most of the options I picked were characterised that way. :confused: Half the online reviews said they were must-haves - needed not to dilute the full Porsche experience... where the other half said they were completely unnecessary.

I'm trying not to look at my spec now for fear of wanting to change it... I've never been so excited about getting a new car. ?
You're not wrong there! Feels like I've spent more time on the configurator the past few weeks then with my family :)

Biggest frustration I've had is that my local dealer hasn't been very knowledgeable around the charging options. Most of the questions I've wanted to get answered have been via reading blogs and forums.

When's your freeze date?

OP
OP

Johnny73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I regret not have taken the colored seat belts...
I did look at all the different seatbelt options, but decided on black mainly as I was trying to keep a contrast between the crayon external and internal colours. Didn't want it to crayonee ( if that's even a word! )

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I apparently got a January build slot after ordering about 10 days ago, so I think I'm probably frozen already? :lipssealed:

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
I have those in mine and to be honest they look very unexciting...almost not visible as all black on black. Would spec the illuminated ones if I could do again.
Yes I did consider that but other than going carbon fibre which isn't an option, I think black is still better than silver, peronsal opinion of course. :cool:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know you said you decided against it, but since you’re asking, I would definitely add the HUD. That’s the biggest option I regret not having in my Taycan.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I didn't option the HUD despite having it on a couple of previous cars.

I rather like the HUD on current M4, but it is mainly making up for the fact that the other instrumentation is rather old fashioned. On the Taycan, like the Audi S5 I had before the M4, it felt like the customisable digital instrumentation was more than enough with adding the HUD too. Hopefully, I won't regret it...
Sponsored