Turbo S Range Question

kocero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981, 992 Carrera 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone,

A month ago I bought 2020 model, 6000 miles Taycan Turbo S. This month weather is around 3-7 degree Celcius (37.4-44.6 F). Yesterday, when I started the car battery was 60%. I made total 65 km (about 41 miles) and end of the day it was %27. Air conditioning was on, screens were on.. My max speed was 130 km/h (80 miles). I was going on Normal mode. Is this normal? If not what should I do? Thank you..
Sponsored

Last edited:

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Sounds pretty low, works out at only around 130 miles per charge.
Given the conditions and temperature, I would expect you to be getting at least 200 miles / 300 km per charge.
Is the car on the latest version of the software?

OP
OP

kocero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981, 992 Carrera 4S
Country flag
Sounds pretty low, works out at only around 130 miles per charge.
Given the conditions and temperature, I would expect you to be getting at least 200 miles / 300 km per charge.
Is the car on the latest version of the software?
Yes it is on the latest version of the software.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hello everyone,

A month ago I bought 2020 model, 6000 miles Taycan Turbo S. This month weather is around 3-7 degree Celcius (37.4-44.6 F). Yesterday, when I started the car battery was 60%. I made total 65 km (about 41 miles) and end of the day it was %27. Air conditioning was on, screens were on.. My max speed was 130 km/h (80 miles). I was going on Normal mode. Is this normal? If not what should I do? Thank you..
range is compromised on all EV's once it's about 40F ambient temps out - 20-30% less range is common due to a number of factors -when the weather warms up range will return. speed is also a range killer - after 70 kph most of the power used is for overcoming aero-drag - and drag has a v^2 component - if you want to increase range reduce speed, you'll be amazed at how much further you can drive at 10 kph less speed with virtually no change in overall drive time…

cold + speed = lower range - when temps warm up above 40F you'll get much much better range.

I've driven EV's in all sorts of weather conditions since 2012

this is inline with expectations and there is nothing abnormal here.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hello everyone,

If you were doing that distance in several short journeys with plenty of time for everything to cool down between runs, that is around what I have seen on my CT4S, a bit better even.
Driving that distance in one journey I do gat better than that but rarely have an opportunity to go 80 mph around here.
The biggest consumer of electricity other than the main motors is the A/C system, I set mine at 21C and A/C eco which is better for range and gets the cabin to temperature quickly enough for me.
I get between 1.2 and 2.8 miles per kWh, depending on drive and weather conditions, so a huge difference in range for different driving conditions.
Sponsored