Turbo S vs Turbo - 80-120kph times

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
But that’s the point - you can’t have continuous hp with different torques if the gearing is the same. In fact almost impossible to have continuous hp...

The last bit is key - given that the turbo s will be doing 100kph (give or take) when the launch control boost is deactivated after 2.5 seconds then it stands to reason its 80-120 will be slightly faster.

The hp vs torque argument is funny and I’ve had my fair share of contributions :)
As far as ICE cars are concerned it comes down to multiple gears - a higher top hp allows you to run a lower gear ratio for the equivalent road speed. Anyway it’s the area under the graph you want not peak (hence why turbo cars always outperform equivalent hp n/a cars.

I guess until somebody gets one on a rolling road it’s all conjecture.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
But that’s the point - you can’t have continuous hp with different torques if the gearing is the same. In fact almost impossible to have continuous hp...
You can with electric motors.

For example, if you allow a higher current in a lower rpm range and reduce it but for the motor hits full volts. This is similar to how wide HP motors work.

HP is typically continuous above base speed assuming constant current and volts.