Turbo / Turbo S vs 4s + sports design package

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
Hey guys, just spec a 4s in crayon with sports design package and waiting for my car still.

Had a general look at the difference between the Turbo/S vs 4s + sports design package, and i can see the only differences are the front bumper color.

Is this true? are there any differences to the rear design?

Anyone with crayon with sports design package want to post more pics please?
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the sports design package on the Gentian Blue version. Expensive option. It was on the dealers floor model. Told him I wouldn't order it, so he gave it to me for free.

It's subtle but, I think it makes the car look more aggressive. The side skirts have a little blue squiggle on the bottom. The back diffuser I think looks better than on the normal version.

Best place to look is the configurator in the 3D Model.

Your car will be a little different than all the others on the road.

Is it worth it? Only you will know.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the sports design package on the Gentian Blue version. Expensive option. It was on the dealers floor model. Told him I wouldn't order it, so he gave it to me for free.

It's subtle but, I think it makes the car look more aggressive. The side skirts have a little blue squiggle on the bottom. The back diffuser I think looks better than on the normal version.

Best place to look is the configurator in the 3D Model.

Your car will be a little different than all the others on the road.

Is it worth it? Only you will know.
Thanks, i know it will be worth it.

im actually asking if there is any difference from the turbo models and 4s with the sportS package other than the bumper color being the same as the body color.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, i know it will be worth it.

im actually asking if there is any difference from the turbo models and 4s with the sportS package other than the bumper color being the same as the body color.
I just put the configurator up, side by side for the Turbo and 4S. the wording is exactly the same. I don't think there is a difference. It's just body panels.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Personally, I think it's money down the drain.

The nearly $10K that the Sports Design Package costs would go much further on other more valuable options, like the Performance Package (US only) which at $6400 leaves you $3K left over from the Sports Design option to spend on other options that will add value to the car down the road. I don't believe the Sports Design Package will enhance the resale value of the Taycan should you decide to either trade it in or sell it privately.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
For me, the way that the Sport Design Package falls short is the way they handle the front end. Rather than widening the headlight/teardrop vents, which I think are fine in the regular trim, I would have liked to have seen the lower lip painted body color. Maybe it doesn't end up looking very good, I have never seen it, but I like the Turbo lower lip better even if it's not fully completed in the middle.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For me, the way that the Sport Design Package falls short is the way they handle the front end. Rather than widening the headlight/teardrop vents, which I think are fine in the regular trim, I would have liked to have seen the lower lip painted body color. Maybe it doesn't end up looking very good, I have never seen it, but I like the Turbo lower lip better even if it's not fully completed in the middle.
To put it another way: the Taycan needs a nose job like Scarlett Johansen needs a nose job. The design of the Taycan is already stunning and the Sports Design Package won't improve the handling one iota, but the Performance Package turns the Taycan into a true Porsche in every sense of the word.

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To put it another way: the Taycan needs a nose job like Scarlett Johansen need a nose job. The Sports Design Package won't improve the handling one iota, but the Performance Package turns the Taycan into a true Porsche in every sense of the word.
Scarlett Johnsen needs a nose job? I didn't know that.

OP
OP

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the response guys, not asking if its worth it or not but rather if the sports design for the 4s looks the same as the turbo other than the front lip being different color.

dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The sports design package is the same for both the 4S and the Turbo.

The difference in looks is that the Turbo comes standard with a lower spoiler upgrade (I assume this is what you are referring to as the "lip"). However, you can easily this after-market. It just needs to be painted to match: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pk9j1ttfront.html

This is the design package on the turbo:
Porsche Taycan Turbo / Turbo S vs 4s + sports design package detail_M2D1_l_0

This is the design package on the 4s:
Porsche Taycan Turbo / Turbo S vs 4s + sports design package detail_M2D1_l_0 (1)

Again, the design package will not bring you parity on the lower spoiler.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag

The difference in looks is that the Turbo comes standard with a lower spoiler upgrade (I assume this is what you are referring to as the "lip"). However, you can easily this after-market. It just needs to be painted to match: https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/pk9j1ttfront.html

detail_M2D1_l_0.jpg

detail_M2D1_l_0 (1).jpg

Correct, I ordered the front bumper with side skirts on my Turbo. Left out the rear bumper, because in my opinion the original bumper optically lowers the car in the rear.

To answer your question:
- The front spoiler on the 4S is totally made from plastic with no painted parts.
- The Turbo has 2 seperate parts that are placed left and right on the spoiler matched to the color of the car, or highgloss black if you take that oprion.
- The Turbo S has the same seperate parts as the Turbo, but they are made from carbon fiber.

The same with the side skirts. Plastic with the 4S, color coded inlay with the Turbo and carbon fiber with the Turbo S.

And also the same with the rear original bumper; plastic with no spoiler, colorcoded and carbon fiber.

Reactions: dan
OP
OP

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

detail_M2D1_l_0.jpg

detail_M2D1_l_0 (1).jpg

Now that im looking at it, the lower lip looks a slight bit different