Turismo aluminum roof vs. glass

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo order got screwed up because of the 19.2kW charger and plug and charge issue so I’m starting over. I’m taking the opportunity to switch to a Turismo. Likely a 4S because its an earlier build slot. If the Turbo was on the same time frame, I’d probably still go that route.

Anyway - to my question. I’m confused by the configurator. I had the glass roof on the sedan, but I am thinking about going aluminum roof on the Turismo. Yes, I know, the roof rails and other roof accessories are only available with the glass roof. Frankly I don’t think I’d ever use them. I’ve had glass roofs on several of my last cars, including currently in our Model Y and we have a shade up. While it makes the inside look more spacious, I don’t love the sun beating down midday. Where do you select the roof type? The pictures in the configurator right now all show a solid roof. But if I select roof rails, the picture in the options detail page shows glass whereas the main picture stays with a solid roof. Is the configurator just broken?

Advertisement

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo order got screwed up because of the 19.2kW charger and plug and charge issue so I’m starting over. I’m taking the opportunity to switch to a Turismo. Likely a 4S because its an earlier build slot. If the Turbo was on the same time frame, I’d probably still go that route.

Anyway - to my question. I’m confused by the configurator. I had the glass roof on the sedan, but I am thinking about going aluminum roof on the Turismo. Yes, I know, the roof rails and other roof accessories are only available with the glass roof. Frankly I don’t think I’d ever use them. I’ve had glass roofs on several of my last cars, including currently in our Model Y and we have a shade up. While it makes the inside look more spacious, I don’t love the sun beating down midday. Where do you select the roof type? The pictures in the configurator right now all show a solid roof. But if I select roof rails, the picture in the options detail page shows glass whereas the main picture stays with a solid roof. Is the configurator just broken?
US standard equipment says “Fixed panoramic roof in glass”. Maybe they don’t have an aluminum roof yet?

OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
US standard equipment says “Fixed panoramic roof in glass”. Maybe they don’t have an aluminum roof yet?
Interesting. That means the config tool is in fact in error - it’s showing the wrong images.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
Yep. It showing the wrong image. Did you find a spot? That’s great. I agree I would have gotten a turbo if it were available.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
They are having a lot of problems with the configurator as a lot was added lately with the GT3, the Cross Turismo...

The wheel was showing a strange button on Wednesday and my dealer had to ask the importer but it was a mistake, this button doesn't exist and is now removed from the configurator.

1615565330239.png

cometguy

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid
Country flag
Porsche configurators are known for having lots of mistakes -- both in the printed information and in the photos. Very bad quality control there.... This has been going on for years. No excuse for this, as I've stated on Rennlist... When you're dealing with these kinds of prices, it's very important to have accuracy that you can depend on when spec'ing out your Porsche.

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement