andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo order got screwed up because of the 19.2kW charger and plug and charge issue so I’m starting over. I’m taking the opportunity to switch to a Turismo. Likely a 4S because its an earlier build slot. If the Turbo was on the same time frame, I’d probably still go that route.

Anyway - to my question. I’m confused by the configurator. I had the glass roof on the sedan, but I am thinking about going aluminum roof on the Turismo. Yes, I know, the roof rails and other roof accessories are only available with the glass roof. Frankly I don’t think I’d ever use them. I’ve had glass roofs on several of my last cars, including currently in our Model Y and we have a shade up. While it makes the inside look more spacious, I don’t love the sun beating down midday. Where do you select the roof type? The pictures in the configurator right now all show a solid roof. But if I select roof rails, the picture in the options detail page shows glass whereas the main picture stays with a solid roof. Is the configurator just broken?
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo order got screwed up because of the 19.2kW charger and plug and charge issue so I’m starting over. I’m taking the opportunity to switch to a Turismo. Likely a 4S because its an earlier build slot. If the Turbo was on the same time frame, I’d probably still go that route.

Anyway - to my question. I’m confused by the configurator. I had the glass roof on the sedan, but I am thinking about going aluminum roof on the Turismo. Yes, I know, the roof rails and other roof accessories are only available with the glass roof. Frankly I don’t think I’d ever use them. I’ve had glass roofs on several of my last cars, including currently in our Model Y and we have a shade up. While it makes the inside look more spacious, I don’t love the sun beating down midday. Where do you select the roof type? The pictures in the configurator right now all show a solid roof. But if I select roof rails, the picture in the options detail page shows glass whereas the main picture stays with a solid roof. Is the configurator just broken?
US standard equipment says “Fixed panoramic roof in glass”. Maybe they don’t have an aluminum roof yet?

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
US standard equipment says “Fixed panoramic roof in glass”. Maybe they don’t have an aluminum roof yet?
Interesting. That means the config tool is in fact in error - it’s showing the wrong images.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
Yep. It showing the wrong image. Did you find a spot? That’s great. I agree I would have gotten a turbo if it were available.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
They are having a lot of problems with the configurator as a lot was added lately with the GT3, the Cross Turismo...

The wheel was showing a strange button on Wednesday and my dealer had to ask the importer but it was a mistake, this button doesn't exist and is now removed from the configurator.

Porsche Taycan Turismo aluminum roof vs. glass 1615565330239

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche configurators are known for having lots of mistakes -- both in the printed information and in the photos. Very bad quality control there.... This has been going on for years. No excuse for this, as I've stated on Rennlist... When you're dealing with these kinds of prices, it's very important to have accuracy that you can depend on when spec'ing out your Porsche.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Just reviving this thread. I am also was looking at the aluminum roof..and assume it is standard, as the Pano- glass shows as an option . On our configurator I came up with this.
PN4H7WD6

It allowed me to deselect the Pano Glass roof from the Premium options. The car picture confirmed it. I kind of like the cleaner look.
Comments appreciated .

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I wish we could have the aluminum roof in the US.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Although it may detract some from the Taycan's beautiful, sculptural exterior styling (more like a Tesla roof, ugghh), I still love my panoramic glass roof.

In daylight hours, the pano lights the interior beautifully, and provides a vast view of my azure NM skies. Even from the front seats. Just tilt your head back slightly and voila!

The pano does provide some extra headroom, though I don't think that's an issue for my 5' 9" frame.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Porsche configurators are known for having lots of mistakes -- both in the printed information and in the photos. Very bad quality control there.... This has been going on for years. No excuse for this, as I've stated on Rennlist... When you're dealing with these kinds of prices, it's very important to have accuracy that you can depend on when spec'ing out your Porsche.
Could not agree more - this configurator has been incorrect for some time now which is seriously lame. You can build a Mini Cooper S with full 3D visualization and instant responses to any option changes but a $155,000 Porsche CT4S only has 2D imagery which for the roof is 100% incorrect showing aluminum vs only option glass (USA). I tried to view the 2+1 seating in rear and it never shows in this lame configurator. TBH, really beyond belief given the esteem the brand is held in.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Interesting difference with the configurator between USA and Canada. On the US site, Pano roof is listed as standard in the body equipment (as many of you have pointed out). On the Canuck site it is selectable as an option, and also part of the Premium package. You’d think it would be the same for North Am? Or maybe we’re just too hard on it scraping the snow and ice off ?.
Porsche Taycan Turismo aluminum roof vs. glass 4F2A2A43-9B49-4B23-AF00-5AC2EED9B8DC

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Could not agree more - this configurator has been incorrect for some time now which is seriously lame. You can build a Mini Cooper S with full 3D visualization and instant responses to any option changes but a $155,000 Porsche CT4S only has 2D imagery which for the roof is 100% incorrect showing aluminum vs only option glass (USA). I tried to view the 2+1 seating in rear and it never shows in this lame configurator. TBH, really beyond belief given the esteem the brand is held in.
UPDATE: As of today Aug 2 the configurator has been updated - have not checked out everything yet but some options moved around and things like the 2+1 seating now is displayed int eh (still) 2D interior view. Maybe they are lurking around in here :)
Sponsored