andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I inquired with my dealer what the impact of switching my order to a Turismo would look like.

I was told the first allocations in the US will arrive August/September but they’re limited to the 4. The first 4S/Turbo models won’t arrive until December/January. I’m a bit surprised by this. Has anyone here been told differently?

Also, not surprisingly, any discounts would need to be renegotiated and would be far less not to mention the question of the deposit.

So it looks like I’m sticking with the Turbo.
Sponsored

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer was allocated 4 and those allocations were spoken for immediately. They expect to receive more allocations soon.

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer was allocated 4 and those allocations were spoken for immediately. They expect to receive more allocations soon.
Qty 4 for any model or for the Taycan 4? It seems odd that the 4S/Turbo would come after the 4.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I put my order in yesterday for a 4S. It has a 7/30 delivery date. I was told there were only a few spots in the entire region, 4 and 4S only no turbo or turbo s and that this was the only 2021 round of allocations. the next round will be 2022 models.

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I put my order in yesterday for a 4S. It has a 7/30 delivery date. I was told there were only a few spots in the entire region, 4 and 4S only no turbo or turbo s and that this was the only 2021 round of allocations. the next round will be 2022 models.
Thanks for the data point and congrats on grabbing one. So my dealer was likely telling a half truth.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I am in the UK and I placed a deposit for a 4S 2 weeks ago. I have been told I will be getting their first allocation . Estimated delivery date is end of June/Beginning July.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Reserved my 4S today from Porsche Marin. There was 1 allocation for a 4S (I took that one) and 2 for the 4, both for June build dates (August delivery). They confirmed no turbo or turbo S allocations showing up for the year in their system. I don't think that means 100% that there won't be any in the coming months though.

Rgee27

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8, Mamba 4 Cross Turismo on order
Country flag
Reserved my 4S today from Porsche Marin. There was 1 allocation for a 4S (I took that one) and 2 for the 4, both for June build dates (August delivery). They confirmed no turbo or turbo S allocations showing up for the year in their system. I don't think that means 100% that there won't be any in the coming months though.
I talked to Marin about placing an order too. Really couldn’t get any answers from them . Said they maybe had 2 spots and date was in December. I ended up ordering from Burlingame. Straight forward , $2500 deposit and 5.5% discount off msrp when I asked about placing my order. I did get a referral to speak with Manager/VP. No BS ....

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I think someone on this board or rennlist got a turbo allocation

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I talked to Marin about placing an order too. Really couldn’t get any answers from them . Said they maybe had 2 spots and date was in December. I ended up ordering from Burlingame. Straight forward , $2500 deposit and 5.5% discount off msrp when I asked about placing my order. I did get a referral to speak with Manager/VP. No BS ....
5.5% is fantastic for a car with so few spots thus far...

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Like you, I also went first to Marin Porsche and like you, I ended up at Burlingame and got the same deal though for Taycan 4S. They have a great team there. I'm looking forward to a late May delivery. Congrats!

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like you, I also went first to Marin Porsche and like you, I ended up at Burlingame and got the same deal though for Taycan 4S. They have a great team there. I'm looking forward to a late May delivery. Congrats!
Late May delivery on a 4S Torismo in CA? Ugh, my dealer is telling me July/Aug. Maybe I need to shop around.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
You guys are making me regret going to Marin! Looks like Burlingame might be out of allocations so I’ve reached out to Rusnak in LA where I ordered my last new porsche. Very straight forward with them as well, numbers were right up front and I’m not sure why I didn’t go that route off the bat now that I think about it.
Sponsored