Turning electronic sound ON by default?

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Range Rover Evoque, Mini Cooper S, MGC Roadster...
Country flag
Hi,

Does anybody know how to programme the electronic sound default position to the 'on' position rather than the 'off' position. Defaulting to the off position means you have to reset it to on every time you turn the vehicle off which is quite frustrating.

Cheers

Nige....
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sadly, you can’t do that. A lot of people have said they wanted that. Hopefully in a future release. What many people do is program the diamond button on the steering wheel to turn on the sports sound.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I do not believe that you can do this. What I do is to set parameters that I like (including Sport Sound) in my "Individual" setting, and I rotate the knob to Individual every time I drive. But you cannot, to my knowledge, set Sport Sound "on" as a default.

OP
OP
Nigel

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadly, you can’t do that. A lot of people have said they wanted that. Hopefully in a future release. What many people do is program the diamond button on the steering wheel to turn on the sports sound.
Thank you Dave, I will check the diamond button out, will certainly be easier and safer than having to reach across every time. I am surprised Porsche have not programmed a 'save' button as I feel it is a safety feature, producing an audible sound for pedestrians and other road users.

OP
OP
Nigel

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not believe that you can do this. What I do is to set parameters that I like (including Sport Sound) in my "Individual" setting, and I rotate the knob to Individual every time I drive. But you cannot, to my knowledge, set Sport Sound "on" as a default.
[/QUOTE
Good point, thank you :)

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Thank you Dave, I will check the diamond button out, will certainly be easier and safer than having to reach across every time. I am surprised Porsche have not programmed a 'save' button as I feel it is a safety feature, producing an audible sound for pedestrians and other road users.
Just program the diamond button on the steering wheel as has been suggested. I use the two buttons on the left of the wheel to turn on Re-gen and Sport Sound and it becomes very easy to simply tap each when you want those effects. You also get Sort Sound when you drive in Sport Plus and if you've programmed your steering wheel diamond for that effect you can then switch it off when you';re in Sport Sound.

Also, as has been suggested, you can include Sport Sound in your set up for the Individual Mode.
All these choices should make the process quite easy. Give it a try and good luck.

OP
OP
Nigel

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just program the diamond button on the steering wheel as has been suggested. I use the two buttons on the left of the wheel to turn on Re-gen and Sport Sound and it becomes very easy to simply tap each when you want those effects. You also get Sort Sound when you drive in Sport Plus and if you've programmed your steering wheel diamond for that effect you can then switch it off when you';re in Sport Sound.

Also, as has been suggested, you can include Sport Sound in your set up for the Individual Mode.
All these choices should make the process quite easy. Give it a try and good luck.
Thank you Cliff, will do....

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag

When I had a loaner for the weekend, those were the 2 settings I went for every time as well. I'm going to guess many do the same thing and hopefully Porsche figures out a software update.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I really started to hate things that can't be stored.
I want:
Wing out at 90+, ride height standard (which goes to lowered when doing 90+), sound on, regen on.
Can't be done.
Not even in Individual.

Ride height in Normal is same as in Sport, can't be changed: if you change in Sport, it'll change in Normal too.
That's just wierd.

This software is starting to annoy me...

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Is there anywhere on Porsche's sites where we can all email this feedback to them?

I think it's daft they cannot remember these simple commands...

OP
OP
Nigel

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want:
Wing out at 90+, ride height standard (which goes to lowered when doing 90+), sound on, regen on.
Can't be done.
Not even in Individual.

Ride height in Normal is same as in Sport, can't be changed: if you change in Sport, it'll change in Normal too.
That's just wierd.

Agreed....

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Does seem crazy that the car insists on you have a registered user profile (which it seems to have problems initially logging on to) and then doesn't store (or recall) some of the preferences in that profile. What's the point of the profile for each driver if it doesn't remember stuff?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I want:
Can't be done.
Not even in Individual.

That's just wierd.

Yes, but much more important:

Add a setting for automatic park assist only when in reverse, NEVER EVER in drive mode! Who on earth came up with that???

Remember setting "switch off park assist".

Remember setting "switch off collision warning assist".

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Does seem crazy that the car insists on you have a registered user profile (which it seems to have problems initially logging on to) and then doesn't store (or recall) some of the preferences in that profile. What's the point of the profile for each driver if it doesn't remember stuff?
The point of the profile, is to store and to play your current play list, and to drop it the very moment it losts connection, and kicks you out of your profile to revert to guest profile with a new playlist.

Considering the software, I now find hard pressed to spend 50% more as for a similar Audi/Merc - once they have similar cars on offer!

None of the problems I experienced, nor others have reported here, I have heard have been fixed and communicated to customers.

Am I the only one, who has the feeling, that Prosche gives a toss about the cars out their and the customers being annoyed with it?
Sponsored