Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
So I placed an order of my Cross Turismo Turbo S in March and at the time they couldn’t tell me a date for when it will be delivered or even locked for production, which I guess could be understandable for such a new model.

However, now a bit over two months later, I still haven’t received any information about possible delivery dates or any dates whatsoever for that matter. The representative at the dealer hopes that it will be delivered this year, but that is as far as it goes.

Is this really typical? It seems very odd to me, but since I have no previous experience with Porsche I don’t really know what to expect. Does adding a bunch of extra Manufaktur options significantly affect the delivery time?

Here’s my build for reference: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM78I4Z3
Sponsored

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My dealer estimated 3 months. I ordered the car April 1 and it arrived yesterday. (20 days from Emden to South Florida) They said certain options can delay vehicles outside any recall issues.

I added a couple exclusive options but nothing crazy. Maybe because I didn't order things like ACC or night vision they car wasn't delayed. (chip shortage)

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
So I placed an order of my Cross Turismo Turbo S in March and at the time they couldn’t tell me a date for when it will be delivered or even locked for production, which I guess could be understandable for such a new model.

However, now a bit over two months later, I still haven’t received any information about possible delivery dates or any dates whatsoever for that matter. The representative at the dealer hopes that it will be delivered this year, but that is as far as it goes.

Is this really typical? It seems very odd to me, but since I have no previous experience with Porsche I don’t really know what to expect. Does adding a bunch of extra Manufaktur options significantly affect the delivery time?

Here’s my build for reference: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM78I4Z3
OK first question, did you place your order for the car with the understanding your dealership had a build slot allocation for you from the factory?

If that was promised to you then the time you put your deposit down for a factory build vehicle that allocation slot should have info attached to it like a commission #, your customer name & email attached to it and a change freeze date, estimated delivery date already assigned (both subject to change at any time of course).

Answer that first question and we can work through it from there.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK first question, did you place your order for the car with the understanding your dealership had a build slot allocation for you from the factory?

If that was promised to you then the time you put your deposit down for a factory build vehicle that allocation slot should have info attached to it like a commission #, your customer name & email attached to it and a change freeze date, estimated delivery date already assigned (both subject to change at any time of course).

Answer that first question and we can work through it from there.
To my knowledge from the agreement when I made the deposit and information I've gotten from Swedish Porsche Center, I do not have an allocated build slot, at least not one that has been communicated with me.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To my knowledge from the agreement when I made the deposit and information I've gotten from Swedish Porsche Center, I do not have an allocated build slot, at least not one that has been communicated with me.
Then unfortunately they are simply holding on to your money until another build allocation comes by your dealership and offered to you, however you don't even know how many other customers at your dealership are also waiting for allocations so you might be in a queue just to wait for a build slot.

And those of us who already put in orders with guaranteed assigned build slots are all waiting and seeing our estimated build and delivery dates constantly being pushed back and delayed due to the global microchip/semiconductor shortages which are causing manufacturing delays for new cars everywhere, not just Porsche.

Sorry to say but you could be waiting for a long time just to get a build allocation slot and when you do, it may not be for several months from the time you get your slot assigned.

Be prepared for the long wait.

I went thru a similar experience with my local dealership who was not being up front and promised they had an allocation for me but in reality had nothing and held onto my money wasting 2 months of my time until I found another dealership in another state who had an allocation ready to go, I immediately asked for my deposit money back from the first dealership which they promptly refunded (because they had no choice to refuse) since I had no actual build tied to that deposit money.

David4S

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021, Wrangler 4xe, Ford Raptor, Audi Q8
Country flag
My dealer estimated 3 months. I ordered the car April 1 and it arrived yesterday. (20 days from Emden to South Florida) They said certain options can delay vehicles outside any recall issues.

I added a couple exclusive options but nothing crazy. Maybe because I didn't order things like ACC or night vision they car wasn't delayed. (chip shortage)
Hi,

Do you know the vessel name? Mine arrived to Jacksonville port on 5/23 (Siem Confucius), the estimate delivery date was 5/28 but yesterday changed to 6/11, it’s been in “port processing” since 5/25. I submitted the order in March.

Thanks!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hi,

Do you know the vessel name? Mine arrived to Jacksonville port on 5/23 (Siem Confucius), the estimate delivery date was 5/28 but yesterday changed to 6/11, it’s been in “port processing” since 5/25. I submitted the order in March.

Thanks!
Mine was on Siem Confucius arriving at JAX 5/23 with yours. According to my dealer my spec did not include any options that may hold it up at port.

David4S

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021, Wrangler 4xe, Ford Raptor, Audi Q8
Country flag
Mine was on Siem Confucius arriving at JAX 5/23 with yours. According to my dealer my spec did not include any options that may hold it up at port.
Thanks, my spec did include ACC.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Mine says "enroute to dealer" from Davisville, RI but estimated delivery to dealer now pushed back to 6/11 (I believe it was something like 6/3 before).

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Mine says "enroute to dealer" from Davisville, RI but estimated delivery to dealer now pushed back to 6/11 (I believe it was something like 6/3 before).
Seems like everyone is delayed until 6/11.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, that's depressing. I thought it was pretty safe to assume that one would get a reasonable delivery date by ordering an essentially top specced model so shortly after the reveal, but that's obviously not entirely how it works.

Maybe I would have had better luck if I had gone for another dealer in a different region, but I guess that's just pointless speculation at this point. I will just have to remember that the next time.

I think I'll try to contact my dealer next week and see if I can figure out how many people there actually are ahead of me in their queue and how many build slots they actually think they're going to get.

The irony of the story is that I actually cancelled a Tesla Model S Plaid+ order in favour of the Taycan at least partly because I didn't believe they would be able to deliver before 2022 which would practically have been a deal breaker by itself.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, that's depressing. I thought it was pretty safe to assume that one would get a reasonable delivery date by ordering an essentially top specced model so shortly after the reveal, but that's obviously not entirely how it works.

Maybe I would have had better luck if I had gone for another dealer in a different region, but I guess that's just pointless speculation at this point. I will just have to remember that the next time.

I think I'll try to contact my dealer next week and see if I can figure out how many people there actually are ahead of me in their queue and how many build slots they actually think they're going to get.

The irony of the story is that I actually cancelled a Tesla Model S Plaid+ order in favour of the Taycan at least partly because I didn't believe they would be able to deliver before 2022 which would practically have been a deal breaker by itself.

Also I noticed in your user profile you listed a Cross Turismo Turbo S, thats what I assume you ordered..... yeah the Turbo and Turbo S CT trims aren't even on the production schedule for this year, the multiple delayed build orders on the factory schedule are for the base CT4 and CT4S first....

Under normal circumstances Porsche factory may start building the CT Turbo and Turbo S towards the end of 2021, but given current circumstances, who know when that will happen. So yeah, anyone who wants to build order a Turbo or Turbo S CT, there are likely NO allocations yet available for dealerships across the globe, as the factory is simply struggling to build the base CT4 and CT 4S cars currently on the schedule for this year.

So sadly, if you did indeed intend to order a Turbo S, going to a different dealership or even a different country, will not accomplish anything at this point.

Even if you stuck with your Model S Plaid order, Tesla is in a similar boat and experiencing their own production delays, so I'm sure there are plenty of people who preordered the Plaid, but who knows when they will get their cars either.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also I noticed in your user profile you listed a Cross Turismo Turbo S, thats what I assume you ordered..... yeah the Turbo and Turbo S CT trims aren't even on the production schedule for this year, the multiple delayed build orders on the factory schedule are for the base CT4 and CT4S first....

Under normal circumstances Porsche factory may start building the CT Turbo and Turbo S towards the end of 2021, but given current circumstances, who know when that will happen. So yeah, anyone who wants to build order a Turbo or Turbo S CT, there are likely NO allocations yet available for dealerships across the globe, as the factory is simply struggling to build the base CT4 and CT 4S cars currently on the schedule for this year.

So sadly, if you did indeed intend to order a Turbo S, going to a different dealership or even a different country, will not accomplish anything at this point.

Even if you stuck with your Model S Plaid order, Tesla is in a similar boat and experiencing their own production delays, so I'm sure there are plenty of people who preordered the Plaid, but who knows when they will get their cars either.

Yeah, regarding Tesla, I have very little hope that they will manage to deliver the Plaid+ in Europe anytime soon even before the chip shortage became a problem. At this point my current Taycan order is probably the best I can get timewise and is also the car that I actually want for that matter (other options would have been either the Model S or EQS).

Interesting that they are apparently prioritising the base models over the higher tier models. I would have assumed it was the other way around.
Sponsored