TYD is not a substitute for customer service…

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
In recognition of the fact that many of us in this forum have yet to receive our cars, I just needed to get something off my chest.

For those that have not yet taken delivery, we fall into different buckets. Those at the early stages of placing an order, many who are waiting for production of their vehicles to begin, and finally those that are post-production and are crossing their fingers that their vehicle makes it through the logistics bottlenecks to final delivery.

I happened to be in that final stage but have spent considerable time in each of these phases. When accurate, I find that TYD is a nice solution to provide additional detail/context around the phases. It even does a good job of highlighting relatively modest changes to the initial plan.

However, when there are major issues in any of these phases, Porsche needs to employ a more personal touch to engage with its customers. The company is quite creative with design and marketing….there is ample talent that knows how to touch the heart and soul of its customers.

Getting a TYD update that indicates that a completed vehicle which is sitting in a warehouse in Germany will be delayed by an additional 3 months (end of the year) is not good customer service. Even worse is that this forum is often more informed than the dealers themselves. I know Porsche can do better than this.

I know this mini rant wont do much for my personal situation but it is my hope that it will inspire Porsche to re-think how they are handling the many challenges they face to better engage with customers whose primary buying decision is based off of passion.

thanks for reading.
Sponsored

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Completely agree with you, however I called PCNA customer support yesterday and they were not really helpful either and sometimes even rude. I find whole situation ridiculous, we are buying 100K+ vehicles from legendary premium brand and everybody in chain dealers, customers support, etc act like they don't give a fuck and process should be like this.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So you’d rather a person call you to tell you it’s a three month wait due to supply chain issues, versus a computer? And you think it is a good use of Porsche resources to physically call every single customer when there is a delay?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Completely agree with you, however I called PCNA customer support yesterday and they were not really helpful either and sometimes even rude. I find whole situation ridiculous, we are buying 100K+ vehicles from legendary premium brand and everybody in chain dealers, customers support, etc act like they don't give a fuck and process should be like this.
PCNA is a wholesale distributor. They neither manufacture vehicles or sell them. Why would you expect them to be able to give you detailed status of your car if your dealer isn’t able to do so?

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PCNA is a wholesale distributor. They neither manufacture vehicles or sell them. Why would you expect them to be able to give you detailed status of your car if your dealer isn’t able to do so?
They are not just wholesale distributor, they are official representatives of Porsche Brand in North America

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
They are not just wholesale distributor, they are official representatives of Porsche Brand in North America
They’re not a direct customer service organization. They are a marketing organization, and only to the extent that it drives car sales. They do not maintain a direct customer service staff, because that’s not their business. You are not a PCNA customer.

They have 300 employees, supporting 200 dealers. You believe that they should be able to directly communicate with tens of thousands of customers on an annual basis?

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Umm, it’s a fancy car; a toy basically. Ok it cost a load of money up front but in the long term not so much.
We all know every car maker has supply issues.
Get over it.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They’re not a direct customer service organization. They are a marketing organization, and only to the extent that it drives car sales. They do not maintain a direct customer service staff, because that’s not their business. You are not a PCNA customer.

They have 300 employees, supporting 200 dealers. You believe that they should be able to directly communicate with tens of thousands of customers on an annual basis?
If they don't maintain customer service as you say, why they they have Customer Service contact phone and email? And current situation is directly impacting brand perception so it is related to marketing as well.

I don't think they need to communicate with each customer individually on annual basis, but when that unprecedented situation like now are happening, I feel they need to step up and communicate clearly what is out of their control, what is under their control and what they are doing to address issues.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I didn’t know that, thanks. Looks good…will be a nice pic when the time comes

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I didn’t know that, thanks. Looks good…will be a nice pic when the time comes
Behind The Scenes also tracks your car's progress (at a very high level)- once you have a Porsche Account, you can use the My Porsche app or log in on the web- there are 4 phases (phase 3 is vehicle has been produced, I can't remember what the first one is- I think either thanks for your order or scheduled for production). IIRC it's only set up once you have a confirmed build slot.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Thanks. I reset my whole journey yesterday by cancelling the order I’d made in June and doing a new one (different model). Shorter queue means I’m no further back in theory but also no further forward at all

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Also, before I totally hijack this thread…

I guessPorsche are in the situation where they’ll sell their allocations regardless of service standards, so why put the extra effort in? It’s short sighted for building long term relationships but is often the case when demand outstrips supply sadly

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, before I totally hijack this thread…

I guessPorsche are in the situation where they’ll sell their allocations regardless of service standards, so why put the extra effort in? It’s short sighted for building long term relationships but is often the case when demand outstrips supply sadly
And that exactly what is worrying some people including me. It looks exactly like this, don't complain or if you complain, cancel your order, there is 10 folks waiting with bag of money to buy it.

But it is short sighted vision... and customers will remember this in a long term. There was similar situation when COVID unfolded and various companies reacted differently to that (especially travel). Some of them fully refunded accommodations and tickets, some not. Those who not, lost customers in a longer term
Sponsored