TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Does anyone know if something like this would allow us UK users to use Tesla Destination chargers? From what I understand many hotels, shopping malls etc have Tesla Destination Chargers installed and there is no charge to customers to use these. I am tempted to order one and try but I don't want to risk causing any damage to my Taycan. Does anyone know if these adapters work?

https://www.4ev.co.uk/tesla-model-3...ZkEpopJjOE8jGpeLeUMaAly2EALw_wcB#anchor-24832
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I believe that all the Tesla Destination chargers are type 2 in Europe. So then you will not need such an adapter? Certainly all the destination chargers I have used have been type 2, but I have not been to the UK with the car.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
in the UK Tesla is type 2, same as the Taycan. There is nothing special about these chargers so the Taycan will be fine. For the avoidance of doubt, Tesla Superchargers will only work on Tesla’s. the Taycan cannot be charges from a Tesla supercharger.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Thanks guys. I was not aware UK Teslas now use Type II plugs. I know we can’t use the Tesla superchargers but I am hearing that Tesla destination chargers can be used! Will try one out soon to try!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Tesla destination chargers is the name they give them at hotels and other places like some restaurants etc etc. You can find them by looking at the charging sites on the Tesla web site. Hardware wise they are exactly the same as a Tesla Wall Connector, which is available to buy.

It has been stated that in places where they have installed two and more chargers, one is reserved and configured to only charge Tesla, whiLe the other iis more universal. It is actually just a dip switch setting in the unit and for home use it is very simple to change settings. Good to know if you visit a friend with a Tesla? ;)
Sponsored