Typical time from config freeze to production

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Not available in europe unfortunately
Yes, I had heard that, was trying to help the poster I replied to from the US to get the info they were not seeing on the app on the phone.
I wish you a timely and speedy delivery. I suspect that your delivery time from production will be much better than those of us in the US due to proximity of production. At least I would hope!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Yes, I had heard that, was trying to help the poster I replied to from the US to get the info they were not seeing on the app on the phone.
I wish you a timely and speedy delivery. I suspect that your delivery time from production will be much better than those of us in the US due to proximity of production. At least I would hope!
Thank you I hope so

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Freeze January 13, Build February 10…currently for GTS sedan

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
So I'm getting anxious lol

My freeze date has passed on 23rd Dec and thankfully I'm still pretty happy with my config. The order shows as V210 and the forecast delivery date says 24th February. This delivery date has not changed for over 2 months. I assume this is when is it expected to leave the factory.

Given 24th Feb is not far away I suspect this will be missed, so for people who have been through this process when would you expect the car to go into production, how long will it be in production and how long does it usually take to get delivery to the dealer from the factory. I'm in France.

Thanks all
GTS with Bose.

Freeze date was 11-16-2022.
Production scheduled 11-30-2022.
Start production 12-19-2022.
Finish production 12-22-2022.
On the dock 12-28-2022 (maybe roughly equivalent to getting to your dealer in France).

So a month and a half from freeze date to being at the dock in Emden (dealer). The holds for missing components seems to have mostly ended so the dates you were given sound very likely to happen. No clue if the ST body style could cause a little delay but if you optioned paint to sample all bets are off.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GTS with Bose.

Freeze date was 11-16-2022.
Production scheduled 11-30-2022.
Start production 12-19-2022.
Finish production 12-22-2022.
On the dock 12-28-2022 (maybe roughly equivalent to getting to your dealer in France).

So a month and a half from freeze date to being at the dock in Emden (dealer). The holds for missing components seems to have mostly ended so the dates you were given sound very likely to happen. No clue if the ST body style could cause a little delay but if you optioned paint to sample all bets are off.
Thanks, very useful. 3 days in production is super fast and moving to the dock. Mine is no PTS and the only thing to slow it down in production is the Race Tex B pillars.

Yours was pretty quick considering you had the deviated stitching

Last edited:

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Thanks, very useful. 3 days in production is super fast and moving to the dock. Mine is no PTS and the only thing to slow it down in production is the Race Tex B pillars.

Yours was pretty quick considering you had the deviated stitching
No deviated stitching. It looks like we share the same taste in paint choices. The Neptune Blue didn't seem to slow things down at all. I'm a single data point but my car went according to schedule so things might be back to normal at the factory.

Good luck with your build.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No deviated stitching. It looks like we share the same taste in paint choices. The Neptune Blue didn't seem to slow things down at all. I'm a single data point but my car went according to schedule so things might be back to normal at the factory.

Good luck with your build.
Thanks you too. Sorry I thought you had Speed Blue stitiching must be another Neptune person on here.

But yes we share a liking for Neptune. For me the best GTS colour. Hope you get yours soon and please post pics. Very useful for me giving the same colour.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I haven’t asked my SA for his internal info, but I don’t really understand the “Scheduled for production” date. Mine was slated for yesterday the 27th, and now today shows as Feb. 3. But the other dates haven’t changed, with start production on the 10th. So far each of these early milestones have been pushed 7 days out without any later ones changing (delivery on 3/17).

So are they still determining a start date then?

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Track Your Dream was originally scheduled for 5 weeks between Order Freeze and the Start of Production. My Order Freeze was recently extended by a week and also brought my Start of Production in by a week (now a total of 3 weeks between).

In either case, Track Your Dream is defaulting to 5 weeks from Start of Production to delivery at my dealer... which I highly doubt.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
My timeline.
I got hit with the lack of a 12V battery shortage but from freeze to production shouldn't differ much.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My timeline.
I got hit with the lack of a 12V battery shortage but from freeze to production shouldn't differ much.
Thanks very useful. As you say there was a delay with yours. Normally less than 1 month in production, some people have reported around 2 weeks.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I wouldn't trust the dates he's given you yet then as they can change. Hopefully like my order the dates will be brought forward. My delivery date was April and was pulled forward 2 months to 24 Feb but that's not now looking likely as I still have no production date so I suspect it will be pushed back to April pretty soon.
My order locked on January 28th. Next step is getting ready for production (V250) which is expected around March 3rd and start production on March 17th. Right now, everything seems going according to plan.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My order locked on January 28th. Next step is getting ready for production (V250) which is expected around March 3rd and start production on March 17th. Right now, everything seems going according to plan.
Yes i think most people are reporting things being on time. My SA is expecting mine to go to V250 Monday so production mid Feb.
Sponsored