Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM) Reset

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just thought I'd post this in case anyone has the same issue I had this weekend and ripped my hair out until I found the (very simple!) answer.

My wheels were removed as part of the detailing I just had done to the car. When I picked it up from the detailer, the yellow tyre pressure warning light was on, and the right hand dial was telling me that I had changed the wheels and needed to register them. No problem I thought, and dived into the menus to try and reset the pressure monitors, except there isn't a "reset" option like I am used to in previous non-Porsche cars. The Good to Know app also tells me to "register" the wheels, but the right tyres are already selected on the menu?

Porsche Taycan Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM) Reset IMG_45C3153F49E8-1

...so I drove with the yellow light on for the trip home. After much jabbing of buttons, it turns out to reset the monitors you have to deselect the correct tyres you have selected (i.e. pick another incorrect tyre, it doesn't matter which one) and then reselect it. The car is then happy that you have registered "new" tyres and will initiate the Teaching In process.

I felt stupid.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thanks, good to know!

Porsche Taycan Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM) Reset 20200818_103003

Are these good tyres? For how many km/miles should they be good for?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My set of snow tires lasted for 12,000 last season. I expect to get at least another season out of them.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
... I felt stupid.
You are not what is "Stupid" here...

My Tesla and BMW's all recognize that the sensors they are expecting have "disappeared" and that some new ones have magically appeared. They are smart enough to begin the reset automatically. No user intervention required.

(My GMC truck, on the other hand, requires a 3rd party reset tool to configure the new sensors... :mad:)

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
You are not what is "Stupid" here...

My Tesla and BMW's all recognize that the sensors they are expecting have "disappeared" and that some new ones have magically appeared. They are smart enough to begin the reset automatically. No user intervention required.

(My GMC truck, on the other hand, requires a 3rd party reset tool to configure the new sensors... :mad:)
I just thought I'd post this in case anyone has the same issue I had this weekend and ripped my hair out until I found the (very simple!) answer.

My wheels were removed as part of the detailing I just had done to the car. When I picked it up from the detailer, the yellow tyre pressure warning light was on, and the right hand dial was telling me that I had changed the wheels and needed to register them. No problem I thought, and dived into the menus to try and reset the pressure monitors, except there isn't a "reset" option like I am used to in previous non-Porsche cars. The Good to Know app also tells me to "register" the wheels, but the right tyres are already selected on the menu?

IMG_45C3153F49E8-1.jpeg

...so I drove with the yellow light on for the trip home. After much jabbing of buttons, it turns out to reset the monitors you have to deselect the correct tyres you have selected (i.e. pick another incorrect tyre, it doesn't matter which one) and then reselect it. The car is then happy that you have registered "new" tyres and will initiate the Teaching In process.

I felt stupid.

I know this is an old post, but, it sure helped me get my tire warning light off, Thanks