Tyre scrubbing and juddering at full turning lock - only on 21" alloys?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yeah it will be more pronounced on 21" wheels.

I get it on my Boxster's 20" (largest size).but not noticed on my Taycan 20".
What I can say is I had no problems with skipping with my 4S when on Michelin tyres. The new GTS is on Pirelli and guess what? Skipping is back. Just like the Panamera I had, also on Pirelli. I’m sure it’s not just coincidence. . . .
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What I can say is I had no problems with skipping with my 4S when on Michelin tyres. The new GTS is on Pirelli and guess what? Skipping is back. Just like the Panamera I had, also on Pirelli. I’m sure it’s not just coincidence. . . .
That's annoying. I expect when I get my GTS ST next March I'll have the same "feature".

Could be the tyre type but I have Michelin on my Boxster S and it skips.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I experienced this issue a lot on my 997 C4S (daily driver) but don’t recall it much on my 991.1 GT3.

it’s probable that this was primarily due to the C4S being used regularly in cold weather (19” all weather tyres), as the GT3 was typically reserved for warmer weather.

However, not sure if the geometry and tyres (Cup 2 on 20” wheels) of the GT3 would have made much difference?

Once you know that it’s meant to do that and isn’t a problem with the car, it can readily be ignored!
Sponsored