U.K. Launch/Deliveries pushed back?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here, I had to send an email in to request an update.
To be fair, I don't know that they get notifications. They will only know when if log into the system and check the status of your order.

But it you ask them specifically about the status, they certainly should get back to you quickly.
Sponsored

tacyanmo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT S-Line, Soon Porsche Taycan 4S with Performance Battery Plus
Country flag
To be fair, I don't know that they get notifications. They will only know when if log into the system and check the status of your order.

But it you ask them specifically about the status, they certainly should get back to you quickly.
There's a difference between saying "check back with us regularly and we'll be able to give you update on your build allocation" to "we'll notify you as soon as anything has changed". The latter was promised to me but not delivered. Factor in the guy doesn't know the charging prices that has been on their site for a month and he's back peddled on the promised Porsche Experience Center day to now just a center launch and no test drive, I'm pretty miffed right now. They should not set expectations only to not deliver and back peddle on promises. It has dampened my excitement because honestly, I felt like I've been treated like a mug with typical bad sales tactics and I somehow expected more from Porsche. Sorry to have gone on a bit of a rant.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
There's a difference between saying "check back with us regularly and we'll be able to give you update on your build allocation" to "we'll notify you as soon as anything has changed". The latter was promised to me but not delivered. Factor in the guy doesn't know the charging prices that has been on their site for a month and he's back peddled on the promised Porsche Experience Center day to now just a center launch and no test drive, I'm pretty miffed right now. They should not set expectations only to not deliver and back peddle on promises. It has dampened my excitement because honestly, I felt like I've been treated like a mug with typical bad sales tactics and I somehow expected more from Porsche. Sorry to have gone on a bit of a rant.
I’d find out who the dealer principal is and let him know that your disappointed with the experience. If that doesn’t work, call Porsche customer service.

tacyanmo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT S-Line, Soon Porsche Taycan 4S with Performance Battery Plus
Country flag
I’d find out who the dealer principal is and let him know that your disappointed with the experience. If that doesn’t work, call Porsche customer service.
I'm new to Porsche and I didn't know there was a thing as "dealer principal". I'll be sure to contact him tomorrow.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
telling you he would tell you as soon as there is a change, was certainly not right, unless he naively thought he would be notified, so unless he is new to the job, he should know better. far worse is back peddling on promises about the PEC.

my sales guy made it clear that a first year car and the first EV is going to definitely have a slip in schedule.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I'm new to Porsche and I didn't know there was a thing as "dealer principal". I'll be sure to contact him tomorrow.
Basically the Dealer Manager, if that doesn’t work then find out the owner of the garage or Goto Porsche customer services.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Dealer principal info will be on the website, I complained to my original one and moved dealerships!
The PEC comes as standard on all new Taycans (so I was told)
Mine has slipped 2-3 times already and I would be shocked if it didn’t slip again a couple of times
It could come forward! But I highly doubt it

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What I don’t get is why Porsche doesn’t make your order status more transparent through their customer-facing portal? I order a $2 item from Amazon and I can check its status from my iPhone but I have to call my dealer to check on a $130K car order?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
What I don’t get is why Porsche doesn’t make your order status more transparent through their customer-facing portal? I order a $2 item from Amazon and I can check its status from my iPhone but I have to call my dealer to check on a $130K car order?
It’s ridiculous, should just be an easy thing to add onto your My Porsche app!
on a VW i got my wife a few years ago i got email updates and also could log and see progress

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It certainly would keep me from interrupting my sales person with requests for updates ;)

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
When I ordered my Panamera and Macan in Sweden I got mail from Porsche with every change in status like ”entering production”, ”your car finished at the factory” and so on.
But on my Taycan I had to get the information from my excellent Porsche Center who mailed me with updates..
I don’t think Porsche AG know we would like the info and even webcam pictures on our car when it’s in production..

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I’ve found out today -

Taycan Turbo - build freeze has been delayed 3 weeks and Dealer delivery has been delayed 4 weeks!
So in total my car has had an 8 week delay so far!

Audi Etron - starting production 3 weeks early and being delivered 7 weeks early !!!!!!!!

I wish it was the other way around

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

Taycan Turbo - build freeze has been delayed 3 weeks and Dealer delivery has been delayed 4 weeks!

Audi Etron - starting production 3 weeks early and being delivered 7 weeks early !!!!!!!!

At least you get a quality EV soon. I ordered before Xmas and have to wait till May. On top of that Porsche in my country cannot tell me a delivery date.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Since the Etron is early, that kind of dampens my theory that the delay is due to China flu issues.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My theory is they haven’t been able to ramp up production as quickly as they originally thought poss due to the quality control
Unlike other un named manufacturers Porsche want the product to be perfect
Sponsored