Laish

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
So I have good news from my dealer today (Portsmouth) which i assume is my car is here and i can have it. Funny that all of a sudden business is grinding to a halt a Porsche halt production and all cars that were being held until uk Launch (now cancelled) become available. Guess the dealers want all the money in before it all dries up so Porsche have changed their tune. Also Porsche will want their money from the dealers. As a business owner I am considering whether this is the right thing to do now ! Wonder if theres a premium to be had on an in stock UK 4s ?
Sponsored

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
So I have good news from my dealer today (Portsmouth) which i assume is my car is here and i can have it. Funny that all of a sudden business is grinding to a halt a Porsche halt production and all cars that were being held until uk Launch (now cancelled) become available. Guess the dealers want all the money in before it all dries up so Porsche have changed their tune. Also Porsche will want their money from the dealers. As a business owner I am considering whether this is the right thing to do now ! Wonder if theres a premium to be had on an in stock UK 4s ?
Was advised — by a good motor source that they expect no premium on the Taycan — many for sale in Europe.
With the present world crisis —plus the removal of UK EV Grants — will not help.
This maybe not the time to be spending £100k+ on a new unproved electric car .
Plus I know of one guy who has already cancelled his April delivery 4S !!
However I am sure there are rich bods out there who will splash the cash .

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
As the grant has gone your car is technically 3.5k cheaper Than someone placing an order and you can offset corporation tax with the purchase

I’m in the same boat with mine although it’s not due for a couple of months (now will be a few more) in all honesty is it the right time!

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Was advised — by a good motor source that they expect no premium on the Taycan — many for sale in Europe.
With the present world crisis —plus the removal of UK EV Grants — will not help.
This maybe not the time to be spending £100k+ on a new unproved electric car .
Plus I know of one guy who has already cancelled his April delivery 4S !!
However I am sure there are rich bods out there who will splash the cash .
Sorry to say that I cancelled my Turbo order and getting back my deposit because I don't have any confidence in the delivery schedule which is a moving target. This is very frustrating as I have had a deposit in for almost 2 years. Hope everyone else has a better experience.

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
Sorry to say that I cancelled my Turbo order and getting back my deposit because I don't have any confidence in the delivery schedule which is a moving target. This is very frustrating as I have had a deposit in for almost 2 years. Hope everyone else has a better experience.
Just had a call from my dealer at Silverstone that my 4S just landed in UK so clearly Porsche moving all produced Taycans before shutdown. Not great timing with all the Coronavirus issues but probably should be grateful that at least mine is here. A least I can take a drive in the countryside even if I can’t stop for a drink in a pub!! My order placed in Dec 2019 so only 3 months to delivery.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
The interesting thing is that a good friend of mine called 5-6 dealers today and all of them told him that if he orders a car now (4S) he won't see it until at least March 2021!

Those of us with cars arrived here in the UK and with affected businesses due to Covid-19 are now in a very strange situation throwing £100k at a time where we should really be preserving money with so much uncertainty v taking delivery of a car which will be extremely rare on the roads for the foreseeable future.

I am also not sure what happens if the dealerships and workshops close and we have issues with the early cars!?!?!

Bloody dilemma or what!

I have got the Govt grant which is in affect a £3500 discount too.

New interest rates by Porsche GB will be announced on 1st April and my dealer thinks it may drop to 5.5% making the car even cheaper.

As for premiums - not sure...strange one as no one can buy one now but do they want to buy one in this climate hmmmmmmmm

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
The interesting thing is that a good friend of mine called 5-6 dealers today and all of them told him that if he orders a car now (4S) he won't see it until at least March 2021!

Those of us with cars arrived here in the UK and with affected businesses due to Covid-19 are now in a very strange situation throwing £100k at a time where we should really be preserving money with so much uncertainty v taking delivery of a car which will be extremely rare on the roads for the foreseeable future.

I am also not sure what happens if the dealerships and workshops close and we have issues with the early cars!?!?!

Bloody dilemma or what!

New interest rates by Porsche GB will be announced on 1st April and my dealer thinks it may drop to 5.5% making the car even cheaper.

As for premiums - not sure...strange one as no one can buy one now but do they want to buy one in this climate hmmmmmmmm

I think Porsche will only reduce the APR if they are struggling to shift cars and if that’s the case then the GFV will more than likely reduce !
Which may technically mean the car is costing more money!
So robbing Peter to pay Paul

I have friends in the car sales industry and an Audi business fleet dealer had 250 cars cancelled yesterday!
I’m advised by my local Porsche dealer that they have had cars cancelled, not sure how far down the build process and what models
But people could end up with some good deals on these as dealers will want stock shifted

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I think Porsche will only reduce the APR if they are struggling to shift cars and if that’s the case then the GFV will more than likely reduce !
Which may technically mean the car is costing more money!
So robbing Peter to pay Paul

I have friends in the car sales industry and an Audi business fleet dealer had 250 cars cancelled yesterday!
I’m advised by my local Porsche dealer that they have had cars cancelled, not sure how far down the build process and what models
But people could end up with some good deals on these as dealers will want stock shifted
Would appear Porsche// Audi/ and other premier brands are now being cancelled .— have heard of 2 Taycans this week. — including an April car.
Also we could see dealerships closing which would also cause concern .
Maybe not the best time to splash £100k+ on a depressed market which will be at least 12 months before it commences to recover .
Even our USA friends are predicting $35k loss in the first year - YUK .

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sounds like alot of people are going to cancel then??

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds like alot of people are going to cancel then??
If someone cancels there will be someone else right there to take the spot. I don't see Porsche having any difficulty selling as many Taycan's as they can produce.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've not cancelled and wont be, but if there are turbo slots sooner then happy to take one!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I will also be taking the car. The tax benefits, rarity over the next 12 months and cheaper finance make the car a good proposition. Just praying we can rid the UK of Covid-19 asap so that I can enjoy it!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bloody dilemma or what!

Hi Pal

what APR rate did Porsche offer?
Mine is due in the next 4 weeks (I’m obviously anticipating delays) from my experience so far the dealers don't seem keen to offer the best rates possible!

cheers
Sponsored