U.S. Winter Tire Group Buy/Discount: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 (studded/non-studded) and Hakkapeliitta R3

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
All,

you may have seen my other thread here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ship-studded-tires-to-the-us.6861/#post-99200

I have finally found a very reputable U.S. tire retailer (local, non-online mass-order site), that has one of the best connections to Nokian in the U.S. that goes back many, many-years!

With this, I can see that the front sizes in the Hakkapeliitta's are being manufactured now and will be ready for delivery around mid-November in the U.S. The rear sizes are next in the que for form production and are looking at mid-December for delivery. Specifically this is for the Nokian Hakkapaleliitta 10 Studded with sizes of 245/45/r20 and 285/40/r20. However, Nokain states that this is similar to the non-studded as well as the R3. Both the 10's and R3 are designed for Electric Vehicle specifications, specifically. These tire sizes fit the The Turbo Aero wheels from Porsche.

I am gauging interest for those that want to order these as a group, or if not enough for an initial order, I am working on getting you a discount if you call my dealer and just mention my name. I am trying to do this for our community for the following reasons:
1. My research shows that these Hakkapeliitta 10 Studded are the most advanced winter tires money can buy right now and we could all benefit from that. If you can't get studded, the data seems to suggest that the Hakkapeliitta R3's are actually the second-best money can buy with their 'glass beads' that act as studs in practicality. Lastly, the Hakkapeliitta 10 non-studded would be the third best and all 3 are specifically designed for the EV platform and you have to exclude others that are not, or purchase the SUV equivalent due to the weight.
2. These are not very well available at any online retailer and those that are generally do not have the Taycan sizes. They are incredibly hard to source even before COVID and are even more difficult this year.
3. I firmly believe that these will save lives in the winter....and save accidents if not life threatening. I want more people to be able to take advantage of this with our all-wheel drive system.
4. Providing access to my local dealer. I have purchased many tires through them and my wife's family have been going there for generations. I trust them, or would not recommend them to you. They are responsive, thus if you have something go wrong, they are a phone call away and you are not just a 'number'.
5. They are expensive....so any discount, I hope is well received.
6. They have a fantastic relationship with Nokain. This is important to getting inventory as well as updates and support should you need it.
7. If we have a larger order from a single store, it makes it easy for Nokian to meet this demand/request. Much more so than a bunch of random inquiries across multiple states and can produce and ship with greater efficiency.....leading to faster times for you to put your tires on your vehicle.
8. They should last around 4 seasons....it will most likely be the last set of winter tires you purchase until you trade it in for the second version, or trade-up your lease.

I have already placed my order and am going with the Hakkapeliitta 10 Studded. I would not be offering this unless I believed in them and was putting my money where my mouth is. Since I already ordered, chances are I will not even get the benefit that you will get with a discount, so this is purely alturistic and simply want to help you all with sourcing, pricing of what I believe to be the most advanced winter tires ever made.

Here is a link to a video of the Hakkapeliitta 10's:
video for the Hakkapeliitta R3's (second best IMO):

Please reply here if you are interested in getting a set, or send me a PM. I will let you know the details of how to order and discount once I understand how many are interested.

Thanks,
Sponsored

kev_song

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2018 GT3, 2021 Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Country flag
I would be interested In the 10 EVs

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
Striking out big time for a set of winter tires. Would LOVE a set of the 10's or the R3's. Would like to stick to 265/35/21 305/30/21 if possible.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I’m also interested in the R3’s but for the 19” wheel set. Not sure that helps anyone :|

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
will update soon, so far supply chain disruption is not able to be overcome even with direct connections....more to follow.

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag
I definitely would be interested for the Taycan 20” too - especially if I could also get a set of R3’s for the Panamera and a set for the Range Rover!

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'd be interested too, especially if they can build a wheel+tire set w/ guaranteed fitment.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
it is a direct fit and verified direct replacement in the staggered sizing. More to follow, I should hear back from the rep by Friday they said on an update to production. I have let him know the increased demand and they are channeling this up and said it may be helpful in their throughput calculations as they know that they will be able to sell these and they won't sit on a shelf somewhere, where they could have placed the production slot to a tire that would hit their bottom line sooner. Thanks for the interest as I am hoping this helps prioritize the delivery!

Once I get more details, I will PM each of you with direct information of the seller and you can place your order directly with them and they will know that you are a part of this group. At a minimum, it may not be a discounted price, but it may allow us to have allocation and production slots that the rest of the 'regular' buyers will not have access to. So, hoping this is of some value to our little community.

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
At a minimum, it may not be a discounted price, but it may allow us to have allocation and production slots that the rest of the 'regular' buyers will not have access to. So, hoping this is of some value to our little community.
At this point, I'd be willing to spend double just to get a set of winter tires that actually fit the car. I've never had such a hard time sourcing such a basic product! Looking forward to any progress you can make!

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
At this point, I'd be willing to spend double just to get a set of winter tires that actually fit the car. I've never had such a hard time sourcing such a basic product! Looking forward to any progress you can make!
yep, me too! The log-jam right now is the rears....I can get access to the front sizes but the rear sizes are non-existent right now and are in production. I will update as soon as I hear any other news.

kev_song

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yep, me too! The log-jam right now is the rears....I can get access to the front sizes but the rear sizes are non-existent right now and are in production. I will update as soon as I hear any other news.
I'm having the same problem with my Cayenne Turbo Coupe. No rears are available yet. So annoying.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
great to know the SUV's fit and work well! Tire dealer won't install those as they are 'not meant for the vehicle' and said would be liable if something happened.

Agree, this 'front only available' is really starting to get annoying. Luckily there have only been a few days of snow thus far, but it will come and it will be at a time when I don't have an option to stay at home.

At 2-years into the pandemic, most businesses have figured out how to produce products, apparently Nokian has not :whew: :angry:

kev_song

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
great to know the SUV's fit and work well! Tire dealer won't install those as they are 'not meant for the vehicle' and said would be liable if something happened.

Agree, this 'front only available' is really starting to get annoying. Luckily there have only been a few days of snow thus far, but it will come and it will be at a time when I don't have an option to stay at home.

At 2-years into the pandemic, most businesses have figured out how to produce products, apparently Nokian has not :whew: :angry:
Your installer doesn't realize that Nokian recommends either the R3 or the R3 SUV for EVs. If you go to the Nokian site and select Taycan for the vehicle it will show you both tires as an option.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Tire dealer won't install those as they are 'not meant for the vehicle' and said would be liable if something happened.
Yeah, not only did I get that same answer when I was asking about 275s, the shops around here really didn't want to touch the car at all. They were terrified of scratching the wheels. I gave up and had PZero Winters shipped from TireRack to the dealer to install.

For whatever it's worth, so far I have no complaints. But like you said, we haven't really had many snowfalls this year. Forecast says a white Christmas -- fingers crossed!
Sponsored