U.S. Winter Tire Group Buy/Discount: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 (studded/non-studded) and Hakkapeliitta R3

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
yep, me too! The log-jam right now is the rears....I can get access to the front sizes but the rear sizes are non-existent right now and are in production. I will update as soon as I hear any other news.
For what it’s worth, I went for 275s on the rears and while the stock is still pretty scarce, I was able to find some pirellis. They’re only .2” smaller in diameter and work well. TireRack has also just got stock in of Vredstein Wintrac Pros in 275s which I run on our Audi RS6 and they work well

Porsche Taycan U.S. Winter Tire Group Buy/Discount: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 (studded/non-studded) and Hakkapeliitta R3 22974586-86FB-4B0A-A827-4A0B1E2A5560

Porsche Taycan U.S. Winter Tire Group Buy/Discount: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 (studded/non-studded) and Hakkapeliitta R3 0981AA12-718E-410A-AF8A-5D4FD3FC9120

Porsche Taycan U.S. Winter Tire Group Buy/Discount: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 (studded/non-studded) and Hakkapeliitta R3 0EA95245-1102-4C4C-96EA-C6FEBB2923B4

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
All: If you are in New England (update: can ship country wide)....I have a line on 11 set's of Nokian Hakkapelitta 10 EV Studded full-sets of front and rear! I just ordered mine (these are ordered from different suppliers across the US and we tracked all shipments into the US and they came available this morning).
I just ordered my full set and will be happy to give you the authorized dealer that has helped me through this process. It will be first-come, first-serve as the allotments are delivered nationwide and we will have to call at the time to buy them from those dealers.
For those in Maine, Vermont, CT, Mass, NH, these can be ordered and installed at my rep in NH and should save you some money this way as well as we have ZERO sales tax in the state.
Reminder these are made for EV, have the dual-studded/silent studs and additional information is in this link: https://www.nokiantires.com/snow-winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-10-ev/

I promised I would stay on this and have been tracking this all the way through production and shipping, but then lost them through customs and then they just showed up at dealers yesterday. You will be the first in the country to have these put on and I am guessing the 12-sets (I already got one set) might be the only allotment of the rear-size tires that are distributed in the US, this year.

PM me as I will take them by time-stamp on the PM in that order, until they are gone. Wish I could have better news, but this is the best I can do and remember, I am not a dealer, I am not making money off of this, I am simply doing this to help everyone out.....so please don't be upset with me if things don't work out, I am doing all I can and don't want to regret trying to do something nice.

Last edited:

kev_song

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2018 GT3, 2021 Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Country flag

silversurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, etc
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I went for 275s on the rears and while the stock is still pretty scarce, I was able to find some pirellis. They’re only .2” smaller in diameter and work well. TireRack has also just got stock in of Vredstein Wintrac Pros in 275s which I run on our Audi RS6 and they work well.
Curious, if you've seen any faults popping up from the change in size?

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
That's awesome. I did go with the R3s. LMK what you think of the studded set. Happy New Year!
will do, should be installed by next week at the latest! Will let you know how it goes with the first snow fall....may have to take it out when it snows just to have fun :)

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Curious, if you've seen any faults popping up from the change in size?
None, but it did recognize the change in TPMS and prompted me to select my tire setup. Once I did that it learned the tire pressures and all was good

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Just an update....my contact has already helped out our forum members get their tires and have even shipped them across to the West Coast.
There are now only 8 Rear Tires that we can see in the country! That means that only 4-more Taycan's will be able to get the studded tires put on for this allotment (perhaps even the year).
They are going fast, so if you want a set, please PM me and I have already responded to everyone that has sent me messages.
In the week or so since I have posted the arrival of the studded tires, we have gone from 12 Taycan's being able to get these, now down to only 4 Taycan's left to be able to purchase these.

I will be getting mine installed first thing on Monday morning and it looks like there will be snow, so is you are waiting for a review, I will let you know as soon as they are installed. My only concern is now with braking....I am worried that I will be able to brake too quickly and those behind me, may rear-end me by not being able to stop in time. I will have to keep an eye out on them, but I am super excited as these are:
  1. Designed for EV vehicles.
  2. Are studded and winter tread
  3. Have dual-studding technology (to grip forward in the center and grip laterally on the sides)
  4. Have silent-studding technology (they spring up when on hard surfaces, making them more quiet and more tire grip on dry surfaces)
  5. They have Noise Silencing technology (they have foam, sound absorbers in the tire to absorb the sound and reduce the transfer of the noise into the cabin).
To me, these seem to be the most advanced studded tires that have ever been produced and they are EV specific on top of that! For those interested in cost....they are $1710 for the full set. If you go through my guy, they are purchased out of New Hampshire and for those that don't know, NH does not have any sales tax! So, you get a little more bang for your buck and I would guess that we will get at least 3 full winter seasons, perhaps even 4. Which for me will be the time I purchase a new EV at that point and tire sizes may have changed by then.

Act fast if you want a set......they are almost gone!