UK 2022 Recalls - How Many Are you Aware of?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I suspect most of us (current owners) are aware of at least 1 current 2022 safety recall (WNA5 - DME Reprogramming) but there is another.

I'm not sure if I'm just unlucky but I regularly check the main Porsche website recall checker (by VIN) and as of today no recalls are outstanding for my car. I log into My Porsche (website) and WNA5 is mentioned as a 'possible' and if 'needed' I'll receive a letter to confirm (reported for several days now). Meanwhile the My Porsche App doesn't report anything (quelle surprise!).

Not happy with this (obviously) I contacted Porsche Centre Aberdeen (never a good experience) only to be passed around and then ultimately contacted by a different branch (Perth) of the same franchise. Most helpful lady (most on the ball person to ever have answered the phone to date) apologised for the confusion and confirmed a) I ought to have received a letter by now for WNA5 (listed 1/3/22) and that there was a second recall relating to pressure sensors (not sure what this is or if it relates to AC heating issues people have reported).

Is it unreasonable to expect both recalls to be accurately captured in all Porsche public communications - email, letter, web site and apps?

If not already done so I would suggest folk to contact their dealer and confirm what may / may not be outstanding for their vehicle and don't leave it to chance.
Sponsored

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Hi Adrian,
Logged into my Porsche online account last week when I noticed the recall. Filled online form & than had a call from Porsche to book 2 recall as per above. Was told the earliest date can be booked was 24/05 & if wanted a loaner than July 22!
Did ask if the recall was of a very serious nature but was assured it was not.
Thanks.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi - that's a long wait - I got mine booked for 29/3 along with a loaner (sooner if I didn't need it).

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I also had this same situation. I had the WNA5 update need flagged by the web application (MyPorsche) but not on the app. I contacted dealer to book it in, and he has booked me in for this, plus a TMPS (tyre pressure sensor) recall, and a second "pressure sensor" issue that he didnt know much about. So its booked in for 3 newish issues, none of which I notice any day to day symptoms for. Mine is a MY21 (Nov 20).

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I just noticed a rear seatbelt buckle wiring harness safety recall, ANA4, arrived today in the web portal

My car is in for WNA5 tomorrow and they mentioned an update to the high voltage charging was also needed, although this did not appear in myporshce (WNA5 and ANA4 did)
Sponsored