UK Budget 2020 extends plug in grant to 2022/2023

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Same here, no confidence, just emailed dealer

If any has an email confirmation fro their dealer that they have previously logged the vehicle in the portal would they mind scanning and posting as this will be essential if any of our orders have not gone through.

Thanks
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Likewise, have emailed dealer. Fingers crossed the order has been registered

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Same here, no confidence, just emailed dealer

If any has an email confirmation fro their dealer that they have previously logged the vehicle in the portal would they mind scanning and posting as this will be essential if any of our orders have not gone through.

Thanks
Good idea. Could black out names etc so no come back if we need to use to force there hand. Hope they registered though.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looking at the plug in grant and following screenshot it looks like dealers can register cars quite early e.g. with no vin or reg number etc so fingers crossed they have registers all of our cars.

Porsche Taycan UK Budget 2020 extends plug in grant to 2022/2023 63560DE7-D6CE-4064-841E-749EC777B098

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
They should all do it once they have made a sale, they only need the vin to actually receive the money ones the car is delivered

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Good news from the budget for people in the UK with electric cars :

1. Company car rates have been left alone and as previously announced - so enjoy the 0% from April.
2. Plug in grant to be extended to 2022/23 - it was due to expire at the end of the month
3. VED expensive car charge (over £40K list) has been scrapped on electric cars registered after 1st April.
4. Investment - "support drivers to move away from polluting vehicles, the Budget announces investment in electric vehicle charging infrastructure, which will ensure that drivers are never more than 30 miles from a rapid charging station, provides £532 million for consumer incentives for ultra-low emission vehicles, and reduces taxes on zero emission vehicles". Taken with a pinch of salt.

Not so great for the entrepreneurs out there with the tax changes though but that is a longer term problem.
All Taycan orders not registered before midnight 11th March with owner name and address will not secure the grant as the cars exceed the value threshold (is it > £50,000 disqualifies the grant)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer just confirmed that they have registered all orders in Aberdeen. Now, I need to add some extras! Thanks Boris!

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
My sales rep emailed back this morning - grant is all sorted. I suspect they rushed it through last night.... but either way, it's done.

If anyone reading this who placed an order before March 11th 2020 and is being told by their dealer that they have "missed out" and "ahh well you see, the government can pull these things at any time" - see previous posts. Your dealer should have being the grant application process well before yesterday's deadline.

Forgive me if my tone seems patronising, but this is my first Porsche, and I've not been at all impressed with any of the dealers I've spoken with....!

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
reply from my dealer this morning

"In regards to government policy and changes to the Olev grant legislation, we have registered Taycan orders on the government system which is subject to any changes in Government policy."

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
My dealer uploaded all their existing Taycan orders to the portal late last night to beat the deadline albeit any orders where they didn't already have a full name and address appear to have missed out (not sure why they wouldn't have a name and address already if they have a customers deposit but anyway).

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
My dealer uploaded all their existing Taycan orders to the portal late last night to beat the deadline albeit any orders where they didn't already have a full name and address appear to have missed out (not sure why they wouldn't have a name and address already if they have a customers deposit but anyway).
Got confirmation from my dealer at Silverstone that all orders entered on website for PICG by midnight deadline. Someone worked till deadline to get it done. Well done that person.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Yes. Your annul car tax will now be free instead of £320/year
Yes @ jammin88 You are spot on...... :like:

See - https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/car-tax-changes-in-2020-–-what-do-i-need-to-know/n1153

"The other significant change for 2020 is that the additional £320 'expensive car' VED has been scrapped for new and existing electric cars costing more than £40,000. For anyone buying a new pure electric car from 1 April, this equates to a saving of £1600, because they no longer have to pay £320 a year for years two to six of ownership. "

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
For now we are good. I expect them to change things in the future as so many taxes/payouts to recover!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone hear about VAT. I noticed a transport group were lobbying uk government to consider 0% vat on EV to support recovery and economy rebound. Would be great!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Anyone hear about VAT. I noticed a transport group were lobbying uk government to consider 0% vat on EV to support recovery and economy rebound. Would be great!
Doubt that will extend to a £100k car :D
Sponsored