Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Apart from Ionity which networks does Porsche GB give you a free 3 year subscription to if any and do you need additional cards other than the Porsche card?
Sponsored

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Apart from Ionity which networks does Porsche GB give you a free 3 year subscription to if any and do you need additional cards other than the Porsche card?
Morning, I have a BP Pulse card which pay monthly fee of £7.85. For me it is worth to be on a subscription. Thanks.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
South East London Podpoint and Instavolt are handy as they have chargers at supermarkets, car parks and shopping centres. No need for a card. Just get the apps and register.
Pay to play so no upfront payment and all started by apps. Presuming the Shell New Motion are on the Porsche app but you can get a Shell EV separate card for that.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Many are tap and go with phone or payment card with no subscription but a slightly higher charge per kWh.

Download ZapMap to see who provides what where you typically travel and then figure from there.

Note charging at Ionity is cheaper than at Porsche as they additionally charge you for time spent too. Neither is free but subsidised in reality.

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Many are tap and go with phone or payment card with no subscription but a slightly higher charge per kWh.

Download ZapMap to see who provides what where you typically travel and then figure from there.

Note charging at Ionity is cheaper than at Porsche as they additionally charge you for time spent too. Neither is free but subsidised in reality.
What does it cost to charge at Porsche dealerships?

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Here's an example

Screenshot_20220527-183010_My Porsche.jpg
Thanks. So roughly what is the all in charge when you add in the time charge, appreciate it depends of battery state at soc and end %charge and temperature. Or to put it another way roughly how long to add 1kwh?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. So roughly what is the all in charge when you add in the time charge, appreciate it depends of battery state at soc and end %charge and temperature. Or to put it another way roughly how long to add 1kwh?
I dinnae ken other than it would be a lot cheaper at Ionity for the same speed of charge. You pay a premium for the 'potential of a rapid charge but in reality it rarely is given all the factors to consider.

I don't know of any other provider that charges you for time as well as energy. Shame on Porsche.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Non are free unless you go to Scotland and use council chargers. Porsche will never do a thing for free you have to pay for everything from auto dimming mirrors to having a tyre fix kit. Certainly not enough high powered charges in the North that’s for sure which is slowly starting to put me of EV

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Non are free unless you go to Scotland and use council chargers. Porsche will never do a thing for free you have to pay for everything from auto dimming mirrors to having a tyre fix kit. Certainly not enough high powered charges in the North that’s for sure which is slowly starting to put me of EV
Yep, it was only what subscriptions does Porsche give you other than Ionity and I think the answer is none?

Agreed their prices for everything are high. Mode 3 charging cable at £370 compared to buying online for around £130.for example

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep, it was only what subscriptions does Porsche give you other than Ionity and I think the answer is none?

Agreed their prices for everything are high. Mode 3 charging cable at £370 compared to buying online for around £130.for example
I believe the cable is free now.

Service covers more than Ionity - Osprey, ESB others. The only way to know is to use the Porsche Charging App which will list any and all that are contracted to Porsche. When you select one your Porsche Connect ID is authenticated and if you have a valid account then you can use.

Example below.

Porsche Taycan UK Charging Networks Screenshot_20220528-083651_My Porsche

Porsche Taycan UK Charging Networks Screenshot_20220528-083841_My Porsche

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I believe the cable is free now.

Service covers more than Ionity - Osprey, ESB others. The only way to know is to use the Porsche Charging App which will list any and all that are contracted to Porsche. When you select one your Porsche Connect ID is authenticated and if you have a valid account then you can use.

Example below.

Screenshot_20220528-083651_My Porsche.jpg

Screenshot_20220528-083841_My Porsche.jpg
Thanks.

Still charging £370, at least on a CT4S

Porsche Taycan UK Charging Networks Screenshot_20220528-084344_Samsung Internet

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan UK Charging Networks 6CBD9382-6908-4093-A956-3C5F99313192

Based on an average charge from 20% to 82% 52.5p per kwh
Sponsored