kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Any idea about the Sports Chrono pack for the Turbo? It used to be a £0.00 cost option but now doesn't seem to be an option at all, or a standard feature? Pictures not appearing doesn't help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Any idea about the Sports Chrono pack for the Turbo? It used to be a £0.00 cost option but now doesn't seem to be an option at all, or a standard feature? Pictures not appearing doesn't help.
I'd opted for 8LC (no cost) Chrono with compass- and that is still listed, so I guess that the standard Chrono is still standard equipment, though I couldn't spot it listed.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Interestingly, the output and performance data appears to have vanished from both Configurator (should be listed in Technical Data section) and the main website for all but Taycan (RWD) and CT4.
EDIT later that day.... at least for the Turbo, the data is now displayed, unchanged from MY22.

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Noticed a change that I dont like. The clockface of the PD Subsecond clock is now Titanium/Black rather than just black:

Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 1651052503938

Below was before the change - it looked so much better and more subtle/not as distracting:

Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 1651052556438

You can barely make out the second clock hand.

I was going to option this, now I'm not so sure.

Why change something and make it aesthetically less pleasing?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Just a glitch on configurator previously.
I tried to untick it on configurator to remove it but it wouldnt let me
Scroll down to the bottom to standard equipment, it shows Sports Chrono

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Noticed a change that I dont like. The clockface of the PD Subsecond clock is now Titanium/Black rather than just black:

1651052503938.png
It looks like it might just be the angle and the lighting in the render. Surely the dial won't be that light IRL? Fingers crossed!

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Just a glitch on configurator previously.
I tried to untick it on configurator to remove it but it wouldnt let me
Scroll down to the bottom to standard equipment, it shows Sports Chrono
Maybe it's mine, but I cannot see Sports Chrono in standard features (for the ST). I might wait until it settles and is fully working until looking again.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It looks like it might just be the angle and the lighting in the render. Surely the dial won't be that light IRL? Fingers crossed!
That's the new design! The clock hands are now titanium instead of black; the two dots either side of the "60" marker have been removed; and the second clock hand is now fully black without a white tip.

So it is that light 🤷‍♂️

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag

1651052503938.png

Below was before the change - it looked so much better and more subtle/not as distracting:

1651052556438.png

You can barely make out the second clock hand.

I was going to option this, now I'm not so sure.

Why change something and make it aesthetically less pleasing?
Surely that image can't be right? That top image is terrible. The large hands are the same colour as the dial making them all but disappear and as for the sub second dial, that totally black hand is nigh on invisible 🤦
Absolute FAIL...
Totally dismayed!

I was a big fan of the original design and had it picked, even at £711 I was hyped on seeing that every day.
Now the standard sorry chrono carbuncle might have to do 😒

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Surely that image can't be right? That top image is terrible. The large hands are the same colour as the dial making them all but disappear and as for the sub second dial, that totally black hand is nigh on invisible 🤦
Absolute FAIL...
Totally dismayed!

I was a big fan of the original design and had it picked, even at £711 I was hyped on seeing that every day.
Now the standard sorry chrono carbuncle might have to do 😒
Unless it is a rendering mistake, I too am now pretty much against optioning the clock for £700+.

It's a complete mess.

I will reserve judgement until a better photo is available. Usually there is a £4000+ PD wrist watch available with an identical clockface. You will see where the clockface colour isn't black, it remains uniform and the clock hands contrast - the clockface doesn't have a mismatch of colours and colour-matched clock hands 🤦‍♂️

This is the 2023 design, so I will wait for a high res version of that to become available before deciding. It's highly unlikely we will see an IRL version.

Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Great news. And i am going to remove burmester from my list of options to compensate. Too bad. But it was always my buffer option anyway.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Just taken a look - does anyone know why the CT 4 has not been updated and is the only one still specifically saying MY22?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
This is unfortunate timing.
I just got back from visiting the Porsche centre to finalise my specification and had to make a couple of changes, racetex B pillar is no longer available and Bose gave an extra 6 week wait so I dropped it.
OTOH the matrix lights, which I had wanted, were still not on the configurator and Vesuvius Grey painted wheels, which I have specified, are no longer on the list.

Last edited: