f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My Porsche code still works though, showing the config I finalised and not throwing up the Vesuvius grey wheels as unavailable so I may be the very last of the orders from the old configurator from the dealer.
Sponsored

Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Noticed a change that I dont like. The clockface of the PD Subsecond clock is now Titanium/Black rather than just black:

1651052503938.png

Below was before the change - it looked so much better and more subtle/not as distracting:

1651052556438.png

You can barely make out the second clock hand.

I was going to option this, now I'm not so sure.

Why change something and make it aesthetically less pleasing?
The description for the clock mentioned titanium and black before. This must be a poor rendering, the second numbers aren't even aligned to the thick lines underneath, look at 60 and 5. I HOPE!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
The description for the clock mentioned titanium and black before. This must be a poor rendering, the second numbers aren't even aligned to the thick lines underneath, look at 60 and 5. I HOPE!
My configurator is now working and the render of the car interior does show the black clockface, so perhaps it is just the wrong render in the PD sub-second clock 'show more information' window?

Didn't notice that and the numbers are misaligned.

Maybe they had an intern working on it? 😂

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
CT4S base price has gone from £ 88,270 to £ 89,500 (+ £ 1,130) or 1.4% increase. Expected more to be honest. I haven't had a chance to look at what the specification changes/options are (if any) as yet.
Have to believe this is not the final price increases for 2023. Would expect more increases in the Fall.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Have to believe this is not the final price increases for 2023. Would expect more increases in the Fall.
You could well be right and the latest increase plus the return of the matrix lights has just added another £2300+ to the cost of my yet to be allocated 4S. I'm definitely having a love/hate relationship with the configurator! ;)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It would seem so. I’ll get perhaps the last 22 car at my dealer.
Good news of sorts

The configurator will always accept the code and will list options not available from that code spec and any price change. So if you just tried your original code and didn't get any notification or request to rollover to MY23 then you could be ok.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 17.38.47

I got my Taycan snow chains from my Porsche Centre for close to 50% less to that when converted to Euro.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
As it happens I've just today placed my order for a GTS ST - at least I'm in the 18-month queue.. which is exactly how long I have left on my current Turbo, so it could be worse!

I've just noticed "Door Release Levers painted in Black (high-gloss) " on the configurator I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. Actually looks quite nice against Carmine Red.

Porsche Taycan UK Configurator updated for MY23 1651081068830

racetex B pillar is no longer available
really? still appears on my config OK, perhaps it's different across different models.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've just noticed "Door Release Levers painted in Black (high-gloss) " on the configurator I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. Actually looks quite nice against Carmine Red.
I'm a fan of that look on the Taycan. I've had them on my config since around November...though strangely, back then they were titled "Door Handles", rather than "Door Release Levers". That change must have been really important to someone:rolleyes:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As it happens I've just today placed my order for a GTS ST - at least I'm in the 18-month queue.. which is exactly how long I have left on my current Turbo, so it could be worse!

1651081068830.png

really? still appears on my config OK, perhaps it's different across different models.
The black doorhandles is not new.

The dealer had a list of items causing extra delay or not available. The racetex B pillar was still selectable but threw up as not available when sending the order to Porsche so I deleted it, and the racetex headlining plus the Bose stereo, which showed up as a 6 week extra delay.
There was something about matrix lights on the list but I didn’t pay attention since this morning they were still not listed as options.

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
What do you think the factory cut off is for MY22 vs MY23 cars? My car is currently in production.

Doesn’t look like any “improvements” anyhow?!

I did once order a Range Rover that got the substantial model year improvements (full facelift) with no price increase due to the change happening between order and production. Seems Porsche do it differently.

It would seem so. I’ll get perhaps the last 22 car at my dealer.

Last edited: