First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have worked out what has happened!
If you see beige in your neighbours car I reckon Porsche Aberdeen must have had a Coffee Beige cancelled order that they couldn’t sell!
The sales manager decided to advertise it as Crayon so it would sell and told the sales team to say ‘Yeah, it looks a bit brown under the showroom lights!’
Job done, car sold!
Don’t tell your neighbour! He might be disappointed he has a brown car instead of a cool grey one!
These Porsche dealers will go to any lengths!!
Maybe…..?
:D
I went to my dealer's for another demo drive to see if I still want a Taycan - memory fading 9 months after the first drive and subsequent order. One of their demonstrators was coffee coloured and it looked great much more interesting than the plethora of monochrome non-colours of over half the cars on UK roads. :)

I like crayon too but too close to monochrome for me to actually order it.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I went to my dealer's for another demo drive to see if I still want a Taycan - memory fading 9 months after the first drive and subsequent order. One of their demonstrators was coffee coloured and it looked great much more interesting than the plethora of monochrome non-colours of over half the cars on UK roads. :)

Coffee Beige (no, sorry!) - next it will be a pipe and slippers :CWL::CWL:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Coffee Beige (no, sorry!) - next it will be a pipe and slippers :CWL::CWL:
my coffee was a compromise as my wife wanted it…when i got a car, i was very surprised, it looks much better in real than on the screen.
crayon is/was still my #1, but if i’d place an order today, i’m 99% sure that i‘d take coffee again.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag

The only time I would ever agree with 'cancel culture' was if it lobbied to remove coffee beige from the Porsche paint library.

Shudder 😂

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Really wishing there was an option to remove the Chrono dash clock/stopwatch altogether. It's really not implemented well in the Taycan, far too obtrusive
Pricing psychology is even more a dark art in the luxury world, not least as everything is so warped in what someone is prepared to pay.

I hazard guess the tacky looking sport chrono with a digital display that even Casio would be ashamed of is done on purpose:

It's a mere £711 to give it a nice clockface.

Actually wait... Not anymore. Take a look at the 2023 PD clock and see what they've done to it.

It's what happens when you apply the yin and yang design philosophy to something that isn't the yin and Yang symbol.

Eye wateringly atrocious.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Re the UK configurator and the 4CT, I heard from Porsche GB:

I have reached out to our Marketing Department who have confirmed that there has been a slight delay, specifically on launch of Taycan 4 Cross Turismo new Model Year (MYP/MY23) to the start of June, however, production remains on track. Therefore, in the interim period the MY22 is being shown without pricing until the new car goes live.

All Porsche Centres have had this communicated to them so please remain in contact with Porsche Centre Bristol for any further updates

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Just run a quick calculation on my GTS ST spec/code.
Looks like a £250 ish price increase as the Tyre compressor and Charging cable are now added to the standard spec.
Here's hoping my car gets built before the next one................
Sponsored