UK Configurator updated for MY23

AlexG

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, iPace, Taycan(s) on order
Re this being a model year update - seems like it to me - after being prompted to move spec to “new model year” I’m being told public charging cable, sport chrono and park assist with reverse camera no longer available. I don’t know if now just included or gone, haven’t checked. Also base price increase to £118,500 from 117,670 for ST Turbo.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I don't think it is Frank, the configurator asks if you want to move your existing configurations into the new model year which is normally what to expect.

Delisted items may have been readded and others delisted again - this happened earlier as we know but no model year change flagged.

More items may be added and some colours too over the next few months.

Normally the MY / configurator change comes July time and so this is quite early.
I just spoke to the dealer and they haven't been updated yet and their ordering system still shows matrix headlights option dropped in December don't know if matrix headlights will create a delay if I change my spec.
Tempting anyway as the only thing I specified no longer available is the Vesuvius Grey painted wheels.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Think so!
Wouldn’t trust that configurator too much for a week or 2!
yes that is a "negative" view with the black bits showing white and the silver grey.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just spoke to the dealer and they haven't been updated yet and their ordering system still shows matrix headlights option dropped in December don't know if matrix headlights will create a delay if I change my spec.
Tempting anyway as the only thing I specified no longer available is the Vesuvius Grey painted wheels.
I see that for GTS models you can now select blue matrix (default / standard is black matrix) - potentially supply of matrix lights has been addressed and available on other models?

Configurator listing 3 different choices for matrix on 4SCT so is there an actual problem (no note to warn of delays which does appear on some options)?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Configurator listing 3 different choices for matrix on 4SCT so is there an actual problem (no note to warn of delays which does appear on some options)?
The spreadsheet outlining which items cause delays seems to be only available to dealers and gets updated more often than the configurator so I am going to wait until I have to fix the config and make sure none of my options cause extra delay, or if the ones that do are ones I am desperate to have so prepared to wait longer.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The spreadsheet outlining which items cause delays seems to be only available to dealers and gets updated more often than the configurator so I am going to wait until I have to fix the config and make sure none of my options cause extra delay, or if the ones that do are ones I am desperate to have so prepared to wait longer.
If you have to wait much longer, you might as well spec the hydrogen one!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have to wait much longer, you might as well spec the hydrogen one!
When we looked into the last Prius I considered a Mirai but it is very heavy and slow and the nearest hydrogen filling station is 18 miles away.
The Prius is small, relatively light and is all electric 90% of the time, and I wake up to a full tank whenever I want.

I am unconvicced by hydrogen as a viable alternative fuel.

I did have to drive a Taycan again to make sure I still want one.
It was a CT4 which still felt pretty quick but had the sports seats which I confirmed are uncomfortable for me. My bottom too wide.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Manual adjustment is standard with 8 way seats - always has been since launch. Upgrade to 14 or 18 way to
My dealer told me yesterday the configurator changes were for orders placed now, for delivery in 12+ months time. My order, placed Aug 21, locking in tomorrow (still no build date 😳) will still be old spec and price presumably. Oh, and with 18 way memory electric front seats, but manually adjustable steering column.🤨

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is anyone else now more tempted than ever to opt for a PTS colour..?? How much extra wait time do we think it adds?

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Is anyone else now more tempted than ever to opt for a PTS colour..?? How much extra wait time do we think it adds?
Yes and then I think I could probably buy a small car for the same price :CWL: Seriously though I have put a few on my build but I can't find one I like that much to spend the cash on it

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes and then I think I could probably buy a small car for the same price :CWL: Seriously though I have put a few on my build but I can't find one I like that much to spend the cash on it
It's a dangerous game when these configurator updates happen. Fjord Green has me wondering if i want to stretch the ever-stretching budget 😁

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
It's a dangerous game when these configurator updates happen. Fjord Green has me wondering if i want to stretch the ever-stretching budget 😁
I really like the British Racing Green, Gulf Orange, Pure Green, Ultraviolet and Maritime Blue all look great. But I do also like Gentian and Dolomite, so 🤷‍♂️

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer told me yesterday the configurator changes were for orders placed now, for delivery in 12+ months time.
Interesting. Mine told me to hold fire since I can change configuration right up to the fix date and see what may delay my delivery if any. I am expecting delivery July or August.
Sponsored