UK Delivery - December slips.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Just been advised my 4S early Dec delivery now slipped to late Jan, despite 4 months of being told all looked good. Originally ordered in April with last change to config in June.

My spider senses tingling, feels like some dealer shenanigans afoot! Anyone else got bad news about Dec delivery?
Sponsored

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ordered in June, told that it went into build on November 5th. As ive been told its gone to build hope no delays from this point. fingers crossed

update

told today builld date is now 19th Nov ( chips again) hopefully get for Christmas but expecting more slipage

Last edited:

MambaCTUK

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T5, LeonFR, CT4s
Country flag
Ordered a CT4S in may, locked late July, told Sep, Oct then Nov. Got to see the screen and went into production 29.10 and due out soon. December 17th estimate for at dealer but they insisted it would be earlier.. time will tell ?‍♂

OP
OP
Noody

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
What a difference a day makes!

Chased up dealer to discuss things and it’s back to Dec again, but now late in the month.

Would be great to have the US online tracking!

Good luck y’all!

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ordered Taycan Turbo in early July - was told then by dealer I was 7th on their list with a deposit.

Got October allocation end of July - locked July 27th.

Was due to finish on October 22nd. Seemed on track as of end of September...

Then changed to November 26th - in late October. Dealer said many cars moved to this date - and could be "holding date" from factory. He said it will still be a '21 build.

Does anyone know when it becomes a '22? Anyone in a similar boat? Thanks...

Buzz

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
I ordered Turbo CT on 6th March 2 days after launch. Was given mid June delivery. June July and August came and went, then given firm date for completion of build 18th September. Then it was moved to 14th October. The last date I was given was the 9th November for build completion but on the 10th it was still in the factory. The dealer has at least told me he now has my chassis number. I am as frustrated as hell. Thought I was buying leading edge tech. By the time I take delivery it will be yesterday's news.

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered Turbo CT on 6th March 2 days after launch. Was given mid June delivery. June July and August came and went, then given firm date for completion of build 18th September. Then it was moved to 14th October. The last date I was given was the 9th November for build completion but on the 10th it was still in the factory. The dealer has at least told me he now has my chassis number. I am as frustrated as hell. Thought I was buying leading edge tech. By the time I take delivery it will be yesterday's news.
pretty much same story for me - ordered on CT launch day. Expected before Christmas but have been put back five or six times already so not holding my breath.

OP
OP
Noody

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Ordered Taycan Turbo in early July - was told then by dealer I was 7th on their list with a deposit.

Got October allocation end of July - locked July 27th.

Was due to finish on October 22nd. Seemed on track as of end of September...

Then changed to November 26th - in late October. Dealer said many cars moved to this date - and could be "holding date" from factory. He said it will still be a '21 build.

Does anyone know when it becomes a '22? Anyone in a similar boat? Thanks...
I was told my Nov build for Dec delivery would be a MY22 car.

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Update - was told yesterday car is finally in UK - hoping to receive in next 10 days. ?

Fastplanet

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (on order), Hyundai SF, Ford Fiesta
Country flag
That's great news Porcha!

I've got a similar story to the other posters, but perhaps a less communicative dealer than average:
- Put down a deposit for a CT4S in March and secured a July build slot and expected October delivery
- Finalised spec before freeze in June
- Test drove a CT4S in August, all going to plan apparently with delivery
- checked with dealer in late September (it was due to arrive in the UK on 24th) only to be told it was still at the factory but should be on its way to the UK by mid October
- Updated mid October, told the dealer wasn't receiving any updates on individual cars, but believed it will leave factory by end November

I'm trying not to think too much about it, but this is our first sports car for 20 years, so very frustrating to have to wait! I'm fed up with getting the brush off, so won't be ringing the dealer until the end of the month, when I hope there won't be further disappointment. It must be very chaotic in Zuffenhausen right now! The bodywork on our car will likely be 6 months old by the time we receive it...
Sponsored