UK delivery production delays

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I placed an order in June. The dealer phoned last week with an explicit date at the end of October when my TT will leave the factory. It should be with me by mid November.
That is good to hear. I ordered in July and am told that we are still on track for a December delivery. Maybe it really will come this year!
Sponsored

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I don’t think anyone placing orders without an actual factory allocation should expect anything right now.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
I placed an order in June. The dealer phoned last week with an explicit date at the end of October when my TT will leave the factory. It should be with me by mid November.
I also placed order 6th July and have been informed by dealer build date Mid Nov for delivery Mid Dec so lets see ?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As @scav said: if you (ie. your dealer) don’t have allocation, it’s hard to believe that you’ll get it in three months.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I placed the order on 13th July and have been told lock down end of Sept. Which reminds me, I need to email them my latest spec!

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Ordered April this year. This is the latest according to Porsche Nottingham
Porsche Taycan UK delivery production delays 66B21589-DF4C-4A12-8E43-7FC8BE4FA976

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
That is good to hear. I ordered in July and am told that we are still on track for a December delivery. Maybe it really will come this year!
That is indeed very good to hear and likewise your hearing you are on track for December delivery is pleasing!!

Are customers getting written updates from dealers or just info as and when they enquire?

It’s the first time I have dealt with Porsche and its all rather strange to me. I am used to Mercedes, BMW and Mini where you place an order and you are told exactly when you will get you car and there is no need to keep in touch with them, as it arrives on time. With Porsche there seems to be a lot of “we don’t really know“ “we hope it’s around” etc etc...

Last edited:

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
That is indeed very good to hear and likewise your hearing you are on track for December delivery is pleasing!!

Are customers getting written updates from dealers or just info as and when they enquire?

It’s the first time I have dealt with Porsche and its all rather strange to me. I am used to Mercedes, BMW and Mini where you place an order and you are told exactly when you will get you car and there is no need to keep in touch with them, as it arrives on time. With Porsche there seems to be a lot of “we don’t really know“ “we hope it’s around” etc etc...
That's a good question - no - everything is word of mouth. It's odd to me too. This is my first Porsche but 4th EV. It's more like dealing with "honest Ron" around the back of the market than a global corporate ;-)

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
That's a good question - no - everything is word of mouth. It's odd to me too. This is my first Porsche but 4th EV. It's more like dealing with "honest Ron" around the back of the market than a global corporate ;-)
My dealers called Dave but I refer to him as Rodney …………

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
The experience is nothing like with the other premium brands, but we are in rather unprecedented times so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt! Have to say however that my sales guy, Darryl at Nottingham has been first class - he’s a good guy.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it's more a sign of the times rather than a Porsche thing (although it's my first Porsche too).

I know someone who just bought a 4 series and had similar issues.
They only told him what was missing (HK etc) when he went to pick it up.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is nothing to do with the times. This is how Porsche seem to work. It was exactly the same when I bought my Macan in 2016/17. I have never bought a new car before that so had no idea that it might be different with other brands!

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Ik bestelde de CT4 in de laatste week van mei en toen werd ik al op de hoogte gebracht van de chipproblemen in de fabriek en dat ik daarom in ieder geval op levering in de tweede helft van november moest rekenen.. Nog geen veranderingen.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Latest update seems to be that Porsche is suspending all Taycan production during November and December, with things to only resume from January at the earliest....

• Wow
Reactions: B61

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Latest update seems to be that Porsche is suspending all Taycan production during November and December, with things to only resume from January at the earliest....
where did you hear that? I don't see any official announcement in EU news outlets
Sponsored