MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Have just been notified by my dealer that my 4S, originally ordered in early November for March delivery, delayed to May, then promised for mid June, has now had its build slot pushed back to mid June which I guess means early July delivery at the best.

'Worldwide chip shortage' being blamed..! (makes a change from Covid). Getting quite frustrated and seriously thinking of just heading off and buying something else 'out of the showroom' for some summer fun.

I know all the awesome stuff about Taycans, and am sure that another drive in one would refresh my enthusiasm, but at what point do you chuck the towel in and decide it's time to take a different option? I certainly don't want to be taking delivery in the autumn and then find that a few weeks later MY22 cars are being delivered.

Considering changing my user name to 'Hacked off in Hampshire.

Has anyone else with an imminent build slot had their order delayed as well?
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Have just been notified by my dealer that my 4S, originally ordered in early November for March delivery, delayed to May, then promised for mid June, has now had its build slot pushed back to mid June which I guess means early July delivery at the best.

'Worldwide chip shortage' being blamed..! (makes a change from Covid). Getting quite frustrated and seriously thinking of just heading off and buying something else 'out of the showroom' for some summer fun.

I know all the awesome stuff about Taycans, and am sure that another drive in one would refresh my enthusiasm, but at what point do you chuck the towel in and decide it's time to take a different option? I certainly don't want to be taking delivery in the autumn and then find that a few weeks later MY22 cars are being delivered.

I'm sure several of us are starting to be concerned re. 2021 vs. 2022 MY. For me I will be glad to take 2021 as soon as I can get it. Currently scheduled delivery for late August. I would rather not wait to get a MY 2022.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Your delay seems excessive. I ordered my 4s on the first week of December 2020 and collected it two weeks ago. You should speak to your dealer.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I was speaking to my dealer yesterday.
My build is currently forecast out of the factory 11th June and delivery to dealer 9th July.

However, he stated that they had to send out a number of emails for those expecting delivery in June - as no cars are being delivered in June (semi conductor shortage) and have been pushed back to July.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your delay seems excessive. I ordered my 4s on the first week of December 2020 and collected it two weeks ago. You should speak to your dealer.
It does, hence my whinge. If my kids had a similar complaint I'd be telling them to 'get on and deal with it'. :rolleyes:

I guess colour and spec. may have something to do with the initial delay (I've opted for the Cherry metallic) but sense that the dealer network is powerless to influence the factory, especially now that the Chip shortage is being cited as the cause.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Spec can add delays due to semiconductor situation and is expected to worsen. On the US configurator I notice there is a warning to this effect but not yet appeared on the UK one.

I would wait for MY22 if Aug / Sep is now the guesstimate.

Daz&Jac

First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag
It does, hence my whinge. If my kids had a similar complaint I'd be telling them to 'get on and deal with it'. :rolleyes:

I guess colour and spec. may have something to do with the initial delay (I've opted for the Cherry metallic) but sense that the dealer network is powerless to influence the factory, especially now that the Chip shortage is being cited as the cause.
Just been told our 4S CT has been pushed back by 2 weeks for now re the chip issues
I just hope it stays this way otherwise I might cancel to 2022 and get next years model!!

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Honestly unless there is a used Taycan out there for you just wait. Honestly as a daily EV there is nothing like it. The car is absolutely amazing

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
My RWDs Was due to complete production 21st May, now due to complete 11th June with reason given as 'delays in trim parts'

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Almost all of us who put in allocation build orders for Cross Turismos have had our change freeze date and delivery dates pushed back as well, depending on when we ordered and what optional equipment we ordered.

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
My 4s CT was apparently the first build slot of the new model at Porsche West London and scheduled for 18/06, now scheduled for 30/06..hope it doesn’t get delayed beyond that..have any of you had any success with dealer providing an ‘interim’ loan car to bridge the gap?

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
My CT4S appears stuck at the port of Emden( been their over a week, is this normal

OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 4s CT was apparently the first build slot of the new model at Porsche West London and scheduled for 18/06, now scheduled for 30/06..hope it doesn’t get delayed beyond that..have any of you had any success with dealer providing an ‘interim’ loan car to bridge the gap?
Am just starting that process as I promised my Macan to a friend, based on the original end March delivery date, so am currently down to one car which is inconvenient at times...
It seems a bit unfair on the dealer though as it’s out if their control.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
..have any of you had any success with dealer providing an ‘interim’ loan car to bridge the gap?
We tried - our dealership said not a chance!

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Interesting my 4S CT is scheduled into body shop 11/06 and vehicle completion 18/06. Also West London Audi
But haven’t heard anything new, last update was May 19th.
Sponsored