UK delivery production delays

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Interesting my 4S CT is scheduled into body shop 11/06 and vehicle completion 18/06. Also West London Audi
But haven’t heard anything new, last update was May 19th.
I spoke to the dealer today (26/05) please do let me know if your car is on track for build completion 18/06? They’ve had my deposit since Jan 2021 as I switched from Taycan 4s to CT4S. I put my order in on March 4th and was assured I would be order number 1 - I was messed around a fair bit on the original order so this was their way of ‘compensating’, I would be really annoyed to find out if indeed they’ve not honoured their word.
Sponsored

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Interesting my 4S CT is scheduled into body shop 11/06 and vehicle completion 18/06. Also West London Audi
But haven’t heard anything new, last update was May 19th.
You do mean factory build complete was expected 18/06? Or expect to receive vehicle for 18/06?!

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
My CT4S appears stuck at the port of Emden( been their over a week, is this normal
Which dealer did you use? Sounds like you had a really early build slot..lucky you!

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
I spoke to the dealer today (26/05) please do let me know if your car is on track for build completion 18/06? They’ve had my deposit since Jan 2021 as I switched from Taycan 4s to CT4S. I put my order in on March 4th and was assured I would be order number 1 - I was messed around a fair bit on the original order so this was their way of ‘compensating’, I would be really annoyed to find out if indeed they’ve not honoured their word.
I put down a deposit the same week as you, but was told I was the 5th I think.
I have a feeling they had 5-6 slots for June build , so it sounds like we are in the same boat.
I’ll email my sales rep.
Who was your sales rep?

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I put down a deposit the same week as you, but was told I was the 5th I think.
I have a feeling they had 5-6 slots for June build , so it sounds like we are in the same boat.
I’ll email my sales rep.
Who was your sales rep?
Daniel Legg

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
posted in the delivery thread and again here as UK

PUSH BACK - I doubt the last.

................note from my dealer below.

"Whereas my last email regarding your new car was projecting a factory completion date of circa mid June, I'm afraid we are now being warned of possible production delays across all models due to a worldwide motor industry shortage of micro processors / semi conductors. You may well have read in the news about these shortages and the possible impact it may have on all kinds of industries. Currently your Taycan is now showing a factory completion date of third week of June so I would now project an early July estimated collection date for you"

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
My CT4S appears stuck at the port of Emden( been their over a week, is this normal
My RWD sat at the port for exactly 4 weeks! Even got MD of Porsche UK involved as it was unacceptable delay & even they could not do anything as in the mercy of port which I found perplexing!

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Which dealer did you use? Sounds like you had a really early build slot..lucky you!
Car is supplied by Colchester Porsche

just been informed is now on a ship and should be in UK tomorrow)

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
My RWD sat at the port for exactly 4 weeks! Even got MD of Porsche UK involved as it was unacceptable delay & even they could not do anything as in the mercy of port which I found perplexing!
Was it Emden or a UK port it was held up at?

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
According to my sales agent, my RWD went into build May 17, and completed build earlier this week. It's going through final quality checks and then onto shipping. June 18 is still the delivery date if all goes well.

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
posted in the delivery thread and again here as UK

PUSH BACK - I doubt the last.

................note from my dealer below.

"Whereas my last email regarding your new car was projecting a factory completion date of circa mid June, I'm afraid we are now being warned of possible production delays across all models due to a worldwide motor industry shortage of micro processors / semi conductors. You may well have read in the news about these shortages and the possible impact it may have on all kinds of industries. Currently your Taycan is now showing a factory completion date of third week of June so I would now project an early July estimated collection date for you"
Mine was est complete 11th, now pushed to 21st. They are adding a week at a time, I wonder if it's not just to keep my email responses reasonably free of expletives!! :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My email today (RWD)....

As you will see, your new Taycan has dropped back a couple of weeks and now planned to land at our centre on 23rd July.
Sponsored