MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
With continued uncertainty on a delivery date (8 months and still waiting) and no spare car, plus the risk of eventually taking delivery just a short time before the new model year, I've given up, cancelled my order, and hopped into a used 911 C2 S for the immediate future. Gutted, as the Taycan driving experience is so special and unique, but looking forward to some special 911 time and to re-ordering in due course when supplies settle and my need for an additional set of wheels is not so time sensitive.

Thanks all for your input on this and other threads. Really good forum and refreshingly empty of narcissistic numpties.
Sponsored

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Sales rep confirmed car is now showing finish build As July 1st ???
Was hoping to collect before Silverstone, guess that won’t be happening .
Hey, have you had confirmation your car is now complete?

Mine was supposed to complete 30/06, phoned to find out what the situation is as had not received any update- and turns out the sales guy I was dealing with has left!
All very strange as I had emailed him the previous day, he said he would check in the AM and then I find out he’s left the business the following day.

Still waiting for whoever is picking up his business to get in touch…

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Hey, have you had confirmation your car is now complete?

Mine was supposed to complete 30/06, phoned to find out what the situation is as had not received any update- and turns out the sales guy I was dealing with has left!
All very strange as I had emailed him the previous day, he said he would check in the AM and then I find out he’s left the business the following day.

Still waiting for whoever is picking up his business to get in touch…

Slipped to 20/7 completion, still on track as of yesterday.
DM me,Maybe I can get you in touch with my sales guy. He’s Great!

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
Interesting my 4S CT is scheduled into body shop 11/06 and vehicle completion 18/06. Also West London Audi
But haven’t heard anything new, last update was May 19th.
Updated this morning on Turbo order. April order. Original July 16 build pushed to August 23. Delivery delayed from Aug 13 to Oct 3. To make me feel better the salesperson told me 300 Porsche GB Taycan orders were outright cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Updated this morning on Turbo order. April order. Original July 16 build pushed to August 23. Delivery delayed from Aug 13 to Oct 3. To make me feel better the salesperson told me 300 Porsche GB Taycan orders were outright cancelled.
Wow ! I have an order for the Turbo in the system, no news for a while... Ordered in April, was told build date was 9th July, really for collection late July, early Aug. I will check in with my dealer (Dicklovett, Bristol).

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
Wow ! I have an order for the Turbo in the system, no news for a while... Ordered in April, was told build date was 9th July, really for collection late July, early Aug. I will check in with my dealer (Dicklovett, Bristol).
Hopefully your news is better than my 6 week delay

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
My car is in a compound awaiting shipment- has been since 23/07..the wait is getting quite ridiculous now and very frustrating! Factory was closed until 23/08 so been without any updates but they still can’t figure out why it’s status is not getting updated and not on a ship yet..bear in my mind I submitted my order on launch date and had West London’s first allocation slot!

On the other hand my wife ordered a Tesla Model 3 literally a couple of weeks ago and picking up 23/09!

Shez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Slipped to 20/7 completion, still on track as of yesterday.
DM me,Maybe I can get you in touch with my sales guy. He’s Great!
Did you pick yours up in July then as expected ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
My car is in a compound awaiting shipment- has been since 23/07..the wait is getting quite ridiculous now and very frustrating! Factory was closed until 23/08 so been without any updates but they still can’t figure out why it’s status is not getting updated and not on a ship yet..bear in my mind I submitted my order on launch date and had West London’s first allocation slot!

On the other hand my wife ordered a Tesla Model 3 literally a couple of weeks ago and picking up 23/09!
Ignore what you are being told by their IT systems - mine said produced in mid-July and en route to the UK. Then told there was a mistake and not finished the build let alone started to be brought to the UK.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Did you pick yours up in July then as expected ?
Nope. Last update was Tuesday and it was in Emden.
Was told 3-4 weeks, so mid/late September. I’ll be out of town until the 19th so hopefully as soon as I’m back.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Nope. Last update was Tuesday and it was in Emden.
Was told 3-4 weeks, so mid/late September. I’ll be out of town until the 19th so hopefully as soon as I’m back.
I’m seeing statements on various of the threads that Porsche are paying €49 per day compensation on delayed delivery dates - does anyone know if this will apply to the UK as well ? Also will it differ if buying the car or leasing it ?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I’m seeing statements on various of the threads that Porsche are paying €49 per day compensation on delayed delivery dates - does anyone know if this will apply to the UK as well ? Also will it differ if buying the car or leasing it ?
Porsche is paying this to the buyer who had a car delayed or they are reducing the purchase price by that amount?

I read on another thread that the factory authorized a 1.5% discount on the purchase due to the delay. However, not sure the dealers will honor or even admit to it when the car actually arrives and finalizing the paperwork.

Hoping to find some authentic email/document.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Can I ask what sort of updates are members receiving from their respective dealers? I placed an order in June for a RWD with October production estimated. We are now into September and I have had no firm confirmations or updates. Does this seem to be the general trend...has anyone else placed orders around May / June and since then had confirmed allocations and delivery dates?

Gerry V

First Name
gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5 Sportback
Country flag
Can I ask what sort of updates are members receiving from their respective dealers? I placed an order in June for a RWD with October production estimated. We are now into September and I have had no firm confirmations or updates. Does this seem to be the general trend...has anyone else placed orders around May / June and since then had confirmed allocations and delivery dates?
Placed my order on the 1st of February in Belgium and still without any perspective when I will get my car… I guess it is the general trend.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
I placed an order in June. The dealer phoned last week with an explicit date at the end of October when my TT will leave the factory. It should be with me by mid November.
Sponsored