UK delivery production delays

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I think it's more a sign of the times rather than a Porsche thing (although it's my first Porsche too).

I know someone who just bought a 4 series and had similar issues.
They only told him what was missing (HK etc) when he went to pick it up.
Definitely agree it’s a sign of the times, I’ve bought new from Porsche previously and it’s a slick operation.
We’ve been waiting 4/5 months for my wife’s i3, and the only communication has been when we were told we can’t have the HK upgrade.
Sponsored

Howard66

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, A1, Taycan RWD on order
Country flag
Interesting comments. Ordered my 1st Porsche in May...Taycan RWD....which is a sister car to Audi model.....I've had RS5 , S5 and many Merc / BMW models and while my Tonbridge sales guy seems good there are never any offered updates on their 'allocation which is unlike previous experiences. I'm currently being told about February!!
I know about the production issues but 9 months is silly. Good job my Audi is a nice motor too!
Should I look at other dealers to see if they can get one quicker with a set allocation?
Only positive is a Taycan experience at Silverstone I was offered yesterday.....

OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Interesting comments. Ordered my 1st Porsche in May...Taycan RWD....which is a sister car to Audi model.....I've had RS5 , S5 and many Merc / BMW models and while my Tonbridge sales guy seems good there are never any offered updates on their 'allocation which is unlike previous experiences. I'm currently being told about February!!
I know about the production issues but 9 months is silly. Good job my Audi is a nice motor too!
Should I look at other dealers to see if they can get one quicker with a set allocation?
Only positive is a Taycan experience at Silverstone I was offered yesterday.....
Having cancelled my 4S order due to the repeated delays in the Spring/Summer I hopped into a used 911 C2S in July and reordered a 22MY 4S a few weeks later and was quoted Feb/March ‘22 delivery from Porsche Bournemouth so I doubt their list is any shorter unless they have a dealer speculative slot or cancelled order.
Even if you find an earlier commitment, I think all bets are off as to whether a dealer has any real certainty as to when orders will be delivered as they are wholly in the hands of Porsche Germany and the consequences of the broader supply chain issues.

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
I am in pretty much the same scenario. Ordered in June with an eta of late October / early November, but now its February / March. I have been told that this is due to the factory halting new production runs during November and December, so that they can clear the backlog of semi built cars. Have you heard anything similar?

OP
OP
MadCan

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
No but I think I’ll touch base with them to see if they expect any change to the planned delivery date.

Howard66

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, A1, Taycan RWD on order
Country flag
No but I think I’ll touch base with them to see if they expect any change to the planned delivery date.
I'm chasing at mo....will report back if anything new.....guess one of the few good outcomes is our cars should hold value well if current used Taycan prices are anything to go by!

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve finally hit the lock date, so I no longer need to look at the configurator every 18.3 seconds: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PN7G25B4

It’s gone into pre-production and I’m being told mid-November it’ll be mine. I bought my Turbo from the same dealer earlier this year and they were spot on with the delivery times, so hoping for similar here.

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I ordered mine in July 21 with an expected delivery date of 2nd quarter 2022. Also learnt that demand is double to what was expected. So I couldn't wait and decided to purchase a 1 year old Taycan with the intention to part-ex this in against the new one. With demand being high I don't expect too much loss on the vehicle and no more than what I would lose on a new car over the same period. Also, with owning the vehicle for 2 months I will tweak my order spec.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Latest update seems to be that Porsche is suspending all Taycan production during November and December, with things to only resume from January at the earliest....
Correct I just heard from the dealer that my car (planned delivery mid November) will be postponed as it seems to January 2022

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Correct I just heard from the dealer that my car (planned delivery mid November) will be postponed as it seems to January 2022
While you may be correct, in the U.S. we are not showing these type of delays. Many of us have Dec/Jan deliveries. So far I have shown 2 week delays on my order from Mid July.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
While you may be correct, in the U.S. we are not showing these type of delays. Many of us have Dec/Jan deliveries. So far I have shown 2 week delays on my order from Mid July.
This is not accurate. I’ve been shifted four months in the US. Delivery started at 9/3, now to 12/31. Some cars are trickling in, including 2022s somehow but there are significant delays for US-bound cars.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I hope you are right, but I have my doubts. I think you should add an additional 6 weeks of shipment to the USA. So I would calculate with end of February or later for your delivery..
Keep us informed...

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Interesting. My dealer has told me this week that we are still on track for an end of Nov/early Dec delivery. Maybe that will be before any shutdown. Or maybe the uk is different with RHD cars. Fingers crossed anyway!
Sponsored