UK delivery production delays

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
I ordered mine in July 21 with an expected delivery date of 2nd quarter 2022. Also learnt that demand is double to what was expected. So I couldn't wait and decided to purchase a 1 year old Taycan with the intention to part-ex this in against the new one. With demand being high I don't expect too much loss on the vehicle and no more than what I would lose on a new car over the same period. Also, with owning the vehicle for 2 months I will tweak my order spec.
I did exactly the same and picked up a demo car. I’ve had it for 3 months and made several changes to my order.
Sponsored

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
I don’t think anyone placing orders without an actual factory allocation should expect anything right now.
Yep, ordered beginning of September and the dealer was totally up front saying wont even get a sniff of an allocation till January. I’ve got a lost lockdown year to make up on my iPace FE though so I’m not pushing all the time. Downside is that I keep adding options on the configurator so I half suspect they have enough chips and it all an upsell ploy ?

Jermaine.android

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 on order
Country flag
Just placed the deposit for a CT4.

There are so many factors that can delay your order before its even given a build slot, so its worth while doing a bit of research with the dealer first.

1. CT4S seems to be the car everyone is ordering, and the allocations slots for this model is a joke at some Porsche dealers. For the CT4 there were 3 orders ahead of me at Porsche East London, and 5 orders ahead of me at Hatfield. CT4S was double digit orders at both centres, and getting close to 20 orders per centre. So unless something drastically changes with the chip shortage, I can't see how anyone ordering a CT4S in 2021 Q4 is going to see it delivered before 2022 Q3 (my opinion)

2. Some OPC share build slot allocations, which don't help the situation. Ask the dear if they are connected to another OPC (or Google). Hatfield are connected to 4 other dealerships including Mayfair London (Money Talks). While Hatfield and Mayfair are flagships, I bet they are still fighting it out when the build allocation slots come in.

Just luck of the draw at the moment, and I would advise to look for other dealers who can provide you with details on the number of orders in front of you. This way you can get a rough estimate of how long you will need to wait for one for these amazing cars

Bonalair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT on order
Country flag
Paid my deposit in mid June with Porsche Chester, was told Oct/Nov originally, now saying I may hear in January about end Q1/start Q2 delivery. Apparently I'm 4th from allocation on a list with over 20 on it.....

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The more I read these more the luckier I feel, I got a call yesterday, all still on track for December delivery. CT4 No changes since order.

Mazzy13

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar f pace
Country flag
I got an e mail today to say car still on track for mid December. Deposit paid in July. Still expecting it to slip given all that I have read above

paddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Paid a deposit for a 4S on 2nd September and I was told to expect something around March/April 2022 although reading through posts on here I'm expecting that to slip.

Today I changed my request from a 4S to a Turbo S so it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. For now I am in the waiting room.

mnstar

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
I am new to the forum and just wanted to post my delivery dilemma.

I work for the NHS and ordered a 4s in October 2020. This was only briefly available through NHS fleet solutions via salary sacrifice for a week or two and has never since been available to order from them. Initially I was given a delivery date for June 2021, but this then changed to late September 2021. As the delivery date approached, I tried to contact NHS fleet solutions. I spoke to several people, and they all promised to update me but never called back. Nobody was sure when the car will be delivered. I eventually got through to a manager. He told me that their contact at Porsche was on leave for a few days. This was now the last week of September. Again, I had to call back and was told that delivery may now be end of January 2022, but this is not guaranteed. I was told that it was because I did not pay a deposit and my order was not a priority.

NHS Fleet solutions won’t tell me who the supplying company is and won’t give me any order details. All they says is that the car is ordered

If I cancel I will be charged £500.

Should I wait or give up?

If I do get the car hopefully it will be a MY2022 model.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

psancla

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Gentian Blue, Mustang Mach E RWD
Country flag
My 4S finally arrived last week from an order date of 19th April this year and a scheduled delivery of September. Unfortunately on collection day last Saturday the dealer informed me of damage to a rear panel which has to be repaired/replaced and the car was delivered with only one key due to "chip" shortages. Hope to collect the car next week but no firm date yet for the second key, I hope you have better luck with your delivery.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I work for the NHS and ordered a 4s in October 2020. This was only briefly available through NHS fleet solutions via salary sacrifice for a week or two and has never since been available to order from them. Initially I was given a delivery date for June 2021, but this then changed to late September 2021. As the delivery date approached, I tried to contact NHS fleet solutions. I spoke to several people, and they all promised to update me but never called back. Nobody was sure when the car will be delivered. I eventually got through to a manager. He told me that their contact at Porsche was on leave for a few days. This was now the last week of September. Again, I had to call back and was told that delivery may now be end of January 2022, but this is not guaranteed. I was told that it was because I did not pay a deposit and my order was not a priority.

NHS Fleet solutions won’t tell me who the supplying company is and won’t give me any order details. All they says is that the car is ordered

Shocked ?

That must be a record!

And after that shocking level of service, that want £500 to cancel.

Appaling! But it may be getting close. I would hold out till January.

mnstar

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
Shocked ?

That must be a record!

And after that shocking level of service, that want £500 to cancel.

Appaling! But it may be getting close. I would hold out till January.
I don't have much hope that they will deliver on time.
I am thinking of contacting Porsche GB headquarters.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag

Hi. Have you checked how much it will cost you to order a car outside of the NHS scheme? If its anything like my company scheme I think you'll find it's more expensive than the NHS. So I'd check that.

I agree very shoddy customer experience you have received. It doesn't sound like it's Porsche issue more your car scheme provider/management team. They are the intermediary between you and Porsche.

Frustrating as it is, if you cancel you'll not get a car before next summer from Porsche. I checked direct with Porsche to compare the cost of personal leasing with them v my company scheme. Porsche were both more expensive and longer wait. Mine is due to arrive in Feb 22 having ordered it in June 21. Maybe better the devil you know now? I've experienced a 2 month delay having at first been told Dec 21.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

I suspect that what is happening here is that individual customers are being given priority over the NHS fleet solutions.

On a completely different note to delivery times, have you taken some advice about the effect of salary sacrifice on your pension? There are quite a lot of people who would end up costing themselves a very large amount of money by salary sacrificing due to a combination of loss of pension and/or pension tax charges. Depending on your situation, the sums could be eye watering and you might be better ordering it outside of your work scheme. If you have looked into it and are happy with the situation then fine. If you want any more info, then DM me as I would hate for you to find out in the future that buying the car this way costs you tens of thousands of pounds extra.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S finally arrived last week from an order date of 19th April this year and a scheduled delivery of September. Unfortunately on collection day last Saturday the dealer informed me of damage to a rear panel which has to be repaired/replaced and the car was delivered with only one key due to "chip" shortages. Hope to collect the car next week but no firm date yet for the second key, I hope you have better luck with your delivery.
Hello Psancia, I confirmed my order with Porsche Dublin at the end of May. I recently got the email with the VIN details and an invite to register on the APP, which suggests things are beginning to move. Just wondering how long after you received these details did you receive the car? Delivery date from Porsche had slipped 4 times, so not sure when to expect it… thanks and best of luck with the car on Irish roads?

ukmd

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I got lucky. Ordered my CT4S mid Aug21 and picked it up this week… managed to get offered a cancelled order with immediate build slot the following week. Loving my new car.
Sponsored