Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Just wondering what deposits dealers in the UK are requesting and terms attached to refund? Looking to order a CT 4S.
Likely to be Q4 2023 according to Porsche GB. One dealer I'm talking to is asking for £3k deposit but I've seen on here others have paid £5k

Please can you share your experience?
Sponsored

Last edited:

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Reading OPC : 5K refundable upto final config/locking (ie when order gets allocated to manufacture)

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
5k is standard for Taycan among other models and 10k for 911 up to I think 25k for GT cars. I've seen the full list, I think when l paid mine...
Refundable until final lock.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just wondering what deposits dealers in the UK are requesting and terms attached to refund? Looking to order a CT 4S.
Likely to be Q4 2024 according to Porsche GB. One dealer I'm talking to is asking for £3k deposit but I've seen on here others have paid £5k

£5K for Taycan is normal (more for other models) 100% refundable up to order lock.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Suppose to be £5k for Taycan, £3k for Macan, £10k for the GT cars as shown by dealer docs when they send you new order form. However Hatfield only asked me for £3k. Tbh not really fussed either way as fully refundable prior to lock date. However some dealers (most likely franchised) will ask for you to top up to 10% just prior to lock date which then becomes non-refundable.

Porsche Taycan UK Deposits £ E5E3A68C-33E6-409E-958C-D0A4170958B3

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Suppose to be £5k for Taycan, £3k for Macan, £10k for the GT cars as shown by dealer docs when they send you new order form. However Hatfield only asked me for £3k. Tbh not really fussed either way as fully refundable prior to lock date. However some dealers (most likely franchised) will ask for you to top up to 10% just prior to lock date which then becomes non-refundable.

E5E3A68C-33E6-409E-958C-D0A4170958B3.jpeg
Thanks, I was going to try Hatfield as it is only 4 miles further than Reading for me. They are also much cheaper on servicing. What was your experience like with Hatfield?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Likely to be Q4 2024 according to Porsche GB. One dealer I'm talking to is asking for £3k deposit but I've seen on here others have paid £5k

Wow. That is a long wait. And could get even longer if any more unexpected world event occur. I can’t quite believe how popular Porsche are compared to other brands. Or rather how mismatched their supply is to the demand. Think of all the hours you will spend on the configurator in that time! 🙂

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Wow. That is a long wait. And could get even longer if any more unexpected world event occur. I can’t quite believe how popular Porsche are compared to other brands. Or rather how mismatched their supply is to the demand. Think of all the hours you will spend on the configurator in that time! 🙂
Haha yes too much time to play with the spec. The only upside is it will most likely be MY2024 but more expensive

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Yep a shocker. ST is Q2/Q3 if Porsche GB in Reading can be believed. I guess with supply chain issues from Ukraine and elsewhere it is anyone's guess
I do have to wonder about Porsche Reading. A friend ordered a 911 from them instead of his local centre because they told him May 22 rather than December 22. By the time he had placed his deposit it had become July. Now looking at next year. I know events have conspired against production, but it seems unlikely that they could ever have fulfilled their initial date

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

E5E3A68C-33E6-409E-958C-D0A4170958B3.jpeg
Yeah but double check as I originally paid £3k to reserve and then £2K to order. No allocation yet (GTS ST last Nov).

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
£5K for Taycan is normal (more for other models) 100% refundable up to order lock.
Except Turbo and Turbo S Taycan’s - those require a £10k deposit - at least from my OPC.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yep a shocker. ST is Q2/Q3 if Porsche GB in Reading can be believed. I guess with supply chain issues from Ukraine and elsewhere it is anyone's guess
I was wondering if you were going to say that 2024 was a typo. Q4 2024 will likely be MY25.
Looks like anyone planning to change Taycans at 2 years needs to put a deposit on the replacement before they've even taken delivery of the car that will be replaced 😵

OP
OP
Speuk

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I was wondering if you were going to say that 2024 was a typo. Q4 2024 will likely be MY25.
Looks like anyone planning to change Taycans at 2 years needs to put a deposit on the replacement before they've even taken delivery of the car that will be replaced 😵
Oops apologies delivery Q4 2023 MY2024... brain not working this morning!
Sponsored