UK friends... anyone due for April delivery aware of any delays ?

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
hey Rob..... mine reportedly exited the factory, on time on 11th April. Now apparently waiting in Emden ........ as far as I am aware (or as far as I have been informed) there are no delays.... YET!

Have you or anyone else heard any different ? All crossed that you get yours soon ! :)

Are you getting the information from the App or from the dealership?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Are you getting the information from the App or from the dealership?
The dealership Robert. My app hasn't moved past stage 3 despite being told by my SA that the car is built and awaiting transport at Emden. Given the experiences shared on here, anything could happen though so not counting my dinosaurs yet!

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
picked up my 4s CT last week. Flew through Emden. Total delay from original delivery date was circa 2-3 weeks. Hope this gives you guys some hope. Oh and the car is incredible, well worth the wait

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
picked up my 4s CT last week. Flew through Emden. Total delay from original delivery date was circa 2-3 weeks. Hope this gives you guys some hope. Oh and the car is incredible, well worth the wait

This is so nice to hear, and am very happy for you !! Did you get one of the last mahogany cars ? Just looking at your profile pic. I think that's super cool as it will be rare. I saw one in Guildford and really liked it.

What was your rough timing Emden to pick up?

Please give us some of your fave things about the car to keep our interest up. Massive first world problem but the wait for this has taken over my life (and many on here im sure) hahaha !!!! I sit on the forum reading posts that don't even apply to me. Think Ive lost the plot over a car .......

Jaydub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This is so nice to hear, and am very happy for you !! Did you get one of the last mahogany cars ? Just looking at your profile pic. I think that's super cool as it will be rare. I saw one in Guildford and really liked it.

What was your rough timing Emden to pick up?

Please give us some of your fave things about the car to keep our interest up. Massive first world problem but the wait for this has taken over my life (and many on here im sure) hahaha !!!! I sit on the forum reading posts that don't even apply to me. Think Ive lost the plot over a car .......
I did indeed get one of the last Mahogany cars, I know not to everyone’s liking but I think the colour is stunning.

My updates from the dealer were a bit flakey so not sure exactly how long from Emden to pick up but if I had to guess I’d think 7-10 days. I was fully expecting to be waiting for my car like I’ve heard so many of the guys off here have, but was pleasantly surprised.

Hang in there, it’s very much worth the wait! Favourite things on the car so far have got to be just the pure quality of the finish. There is absolutely nothing cheap/nasty about the car. The handling is very good also considering the weight of the car. And, when you don’t feel like driving and select ACC it is very smooth and just as it should be. I also love auto recuperation which is a feature I’ve only just tested Out and now have selected all the time. Smart lift is a great feature too! I could go on and on

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
No delays?? Great news - mine is due off the production line tomorrow (via Sheerness too)!
Yes - about a week in Emden and was on the first ship. At Sheerness, was about 2 days before getting to the dealer.

Simpleelee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

I had an original delivery to dealer date of 14th April, this was pushed back to the 26th May. I did the little hack on my Porsche to see if there were any production images on there (which there weren’t). However whilst searching I noticed that it said order state: “produced”, does this mean my car has been built? my Porsche website is putting me at stage 3 and is also showing a VIN number. I spoke to the sales guy today and he said it’s still in pre-production and won’t be finished until 10th May! My sales guy is a nice enough chap but he has been fairly flakey at times so I’m not sure what to make of it all.

For reference my business partner placed his order a couple of weeks after mine, currently showing as stage 2 on my Porsche and no VIN number however he’s being told that his delivery to dealer date is the same as mine?

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did indeed get one of the last Mahogany cars, I know not to everyone’s liking but I think the colour is stunning.

My updates from the dealer were a bit flakey so not sure exactly how long from Emden to pick up but if I had to guess I’d think 7-10 days. I was fully expecting to be waiting for my car like I’ve heard so many of the guys off here have, but was pleasantly surprised.

Hang in there, it’s very much worth the wait! Favourite things on the car so far have got to be just the pure quality of the finish. There is absolutely nothing cheap/nasty about the car. The handling is very good also considering the weight of the car. And, when you don’t feel like driving and select ACC it is very smooth and just as it should be. I also love auto recuperation which is a feature I’ve only just tested Out and now have selected all the time. Smart lift is a great feature too! I could go on and on

Fabulous !!! That will do it ! Mahogany will be rare so that's fab. apparently (read on here I think) v popular in China... unless info for you !! Anyway... enjoy ... lovely to hear about people loving their cars !! :))))

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
Mine moved to stage 5 yesterday, it was due for delivery on the 17th, but my SA says it's stuck in Emden for another 3-4 weeks.

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine moved to stage 5 yesterday, it was due for delivery on the 17th, but my SA says it's stuck in Emden for another 3-4 weeks.

noooo . did they tell you why ? sorry to hear that. Ima ware its not the end of the world but that's still agonising for you :headbang:

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
noooo . did they tell you why ? sorry to hear that. Ima ware its not the end of the world but that's still agonising for you :headbang:
His excuse was that staff shortages at Emden and on the UK side meant that the car didn't make it in time to clear the export before the last ship left, and it'll be a few weeks for the next ship.

Now I take that with a massive grain of salt as my SA had told me that he intentionally doesn't go looking for information as he wants to only push what porsche tells him, and I think he was kind of embarrassed as I repeatedly asked him to confirm the date so I could put deposits on aftermarket work and he just kept hand waving away possible causes of delay as "internet conspiracy theories".

Luckily I didn't trust him and didn't put any deposits down XD.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Some people are being told delays at Emden, and others are saying/reporting cars flew through there... such a bizarre system. Which dealer are you with?

Last edited:

jonathan

First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porche 911
Country flag
HI
had update from the dealer re my ct4s due for delivery 20th march
confirmed its in Emden stuck in a yard without heater
Porsche wont confirm any delivery dates but still quoted sept this a
response from porsche

Q My car is stuck in Europe without a heater. Are these cars garaged or are they outside? What is being done about conditioning the battery?

A These will be kept outside in a compound. The battery does not need to be conditioned whilst it is waiting to be moved.

Q Cars are now back being manufactured and are being completed with heaters for delivery. So are customers behind me on your dealership list will be receiving their cars before me?

A Cars are being built now that were scheduled for production after your vehicle. They are also coming through to the centre

Q What is going to be the situation on the warranty Is it from the date of manufacture or delivery. Will the date of manufacturing and these hold ups show up in the car history?

A The warranty will run from the date of registration

Q No firm delivery date is scheduled at all and we are now going to have to just wait for Porsche to get round to doing it when they can. Possibly as late as Sept delivery but no firm date given, so it could be earlier than this or later.

A This is correct

Q Will we be informed about progress? If there are 250-300 cars waiting for heaters, what number is our car in the line?

A We will hopefully receive updates from Porsche – there is no way of Porsche letting us know where yours is in line – at this stage there is no list of order.

you couldn't make it up
Sponsored