UK friends... anyone due for April delivery aware of any delays ?

KCB1998

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Mine has now been 'due to arrive at the dealership next Friday' since March 10th. Literally.

First it seemed to get stuck in Emden for 3 weeks and then suddenly arrived in Grimsby on Friday 7th April - I was then told that day that it would be at the dealership 'next Friday' just for a change - meaning it should have arrived today on the 14th.

Guess what, at 6pm the car still hasn't arrived at the dealership today. They can't tell me why or where it is and I'm starting to get really frustrated but more so disappointed at the crap way I'm being treated when buying a car of this value.

It can't be that hard to know when a car is booked onto a ferry or placed onto a transporter surely? I can track a box of bloody kitchen roll from Amazon or my shopping from Tesco by the second almost - but Porsche can't track their own £100k car when using their own transportation process? Seriously it isn't good enough?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine has now been 'due to arrive at the dealership next Friday' since March 10th. Literally.
It got stuck in Emden for 3 weeks and then arrived in Grimsby on Friday 7th April - and I was told that day that it would be at the dealership 'next Friday' - meaning it should have arrived today on the 14th.
Guess what, car hasn't arrived at the dealership today.
Getting really frustrated but more so disappointed at the crap way I'm being treated when buying a car of this value.
It can't be that hard to know when a car is booked onto a ferry or a transporter surely? I can track a bloody box of kitchen roll from Amazon or my shopping from Tesco - but Porsche cant track their £100k cars? Seriously it isn't good enough?
This reminds me my local dealer. My SA couldn't (wouldn't) find me a car to test drive before making a deal. I straight told her "I won't commit to a car without trying it out. I assume you wouldn't buy even a $5 shirt at Zara without trying it out, right? It's a 120k car...."

Didn't move her heart.

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
HI
had update from the dealer re my ct4s due for delivery 20th march
confirmed its in Emden stuck in a yard without heater
Porsche wont confirm any delivery dates but still quoted sept this a
response from porsche

Q My car is stuck in Europe without a heater. Are these cars garaged or are they outside? What is being done about conditioning the battery?

A These will be kept outside in a compound. The battery does not need to be conditioned whilst it is waiting to be moved.

Q Cars are now back being manufactured and are being completed with heaters for delivery. So are customers behind me on your dealership list will be receiving their cars before me?

A Cars are being built now that were scheduled for production after your vehicle. They are also coming through to the centre

Q What is going to be the situation on the warranty Is it from the date of manufacture or delivery. Will the date of manufacturing and these hold ups show up in the car history?

A The warranty will run from the date of registration

Q No firm delivery date is scheduled at all and we are now going to have to just wait for Porsche to get round to doing it when they can. Possibly as late as Sept delivery but no firm date given, so it could be earlier than this or later.

A This is correct

Q Will we be informed about progress? If there are 250-300 cars waiting for heaters, what number is our car in the line?

A We will hopefully receive updates from Porsche – there is no way of Porsche letting us know where yours is in line – at this stage there is no list of order.

you couldn't make it up

Jesus this is depressing for you ! so sorry to hear....... march moved to September ...that is a ridiculous downer..... I appreciate it must be such an uncomfortable feeling having 'your car' made, 'sat there' (whatever that really means) and now told another 6 months..... Christ what an epic pain. Like others have said, seems to be random who flies through the system and who is held.

Mind you- I think we can all agree people who have had to give their cars back and are paid up but no car are welcome to my heater.... Id lose my sense of humour if I paid for the car and then was without it for months,... can't be fun :(

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If my car is stuck without a heater, and it's delayed for several months, I won't accept it.

If they were open and upfront about the issues and delays, and could be bothered to actually communicate them, they would gain a customer for life. As it stands, I'm not giving 200k to someone who fucks me around and I no longer trust.

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
If my car is stuck without a heater, and it's delayed for several months, I won't accept it.

If they were open and upfront about the issues and delays, and could be bothered to actually communicate them, they would gain a customer for life. As it stands, I'm not giving 200k to someone who fucks me around and I no longer trust.
Well said.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
My GTS has now been at Grimsby for two weeks. Keeps "missing" the transporter to the dealership or a lack of transporters/drivers is leading to much longer lead times from port to showroom.
Fingers crossed for next week
Sponsored