UK Home charging options

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
At home I have a 22kw Zappi charger, as we have 3-phase electricity at the house and I can utilise electricity from solar panels.

When I visit my family I am currently reliant on a normal 3pin plug, which is obviously extremely slow.

I’m tempted to get an upgraded socket installed in the garage for the few times I’m visiting, but do I need to go to another Zappi ‘charger’ (albeit 7kw) at £700 plus installation costs, or is there an intermediate option that will be a better price/performance compromise?!

Normally i’ll be able to charge overnight so can get a decent top up while I’m asleep!
Sponsored

Jonttt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
If it helps I have the dumbest of old chargers which works fine to provide c7kw. You can of course get a bells and whistles one which will .....do the same lol

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
If it helps I have the dumbest of old chargers which works fine to provide c7kw. You can of course get a bells and whistles one which will .....do the same lol
I had 2 x 32A Commando sockets installed in my garage one either side of double garage so I can park in either space and charge in the garage or on the drive.
They need to be wired with min 6mm cable depending on length of cable run and fed from an RCBO Type A in the consumer unit. I had a separate metal garage consumer unit installed and fed from the incoming 100A supply (split the meter tails using a Henly block) as my consumer unit is in the middle of the house not close enough to the garage. I used high quality switched Commando sockets.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you!
Sponsored