UK Insurance - Company Car

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted but I’m trying to get insurance for my company car as sole director.

1. I’m putting my name as registered keeper and company as the owner
2. I’ll pay for the insurance and claim back from my company
3. Are there any particular companies better for insurance on a 4S cross Turismo - at the moment I’ve found Admiral to be the cheapest but it’s still expensive!

TIA!
Sponsored

Pag

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted but I’m trying to get insurance for my company car as sole director.

3. Are there any particular companies better for insurance on a 4S cross Turismo - at the moment I’ve found Admiral to be the cheapest but it’s still expensive!

TIA!
I have mine setup that way through LV=. They are competetive but do insist on the tracker being enabled which I think from other threads I’ve seen maybe Admiral don’t ? That does add £270 on top of the insurance. I have other cars with LV= and so the discounts for multi car work in my favour.. suspect it’s very much down to personal circumstances but they may be worth a go.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks that’s great info which tracker do you have installed ?

Pag

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks that’s great info which tracker do you have installed ?
Just the standard Porsche one with the Vodafone contract. There are other threads on whether it’s better/cheaper to use a third party tracker. I had the ‘old’ Vodafone one on my Macan.. Porsche have since bought the actual App in house but still use Vodafone as the telco provider. Either way, from an insurance perspective , and for peace of mind, having a tracker is likely a good idea, whether the insurance company mandate it or not. It will always bring insurance costs down.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Admiral, PVTS+ contract, just renewed for another year £512.04 fully comp.
Did PVTS+ bring down the price at all?
When I got a quote from Admiral a few months ago, I asked about tracking, but it didn't make any difference.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did PVTS+ bring down the price at all?
When I got a quote from Admiral a few months ago, I asked about tracking, but it didn't make any difference.
Not sure but I've always had PVTS+ and would be surprised if it didn't have a positive impact.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

TIA!
I got mine with the company salary sacrifice. Not the usual suspects. Octopus EV sorted it. It is a firm called LloydLatchfordgroup.co.uk/car-insurance . They might cater better for company Taycans

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Not sure but I've always had PVTS+ and would be surprised if it didn't have a positive impact.
Is PVTS+ tracker AND immobiliser?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PVTS+ is all you need and provides immobiliser, geofencing, tracking, valet mode and so on- you don't need anything else.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Just the standard Porsche one with the Vodafone contract. There are other threads on whether it’s better/cheaper to use a third party tracker. I had the ‘old’ Vodafone one on my Macan.. Porsche have since bought the actual App in house but still use Vodafone as the telco provider. Either way, from an insurance perspective , and for peace of mind, having a tracker is likely a good idea, whether the insurance company mandate it or not. It will always bring insurance costs down.
I would humbly disagree with this. We've all seen the stolen vehicles with a fitted tracker that gets yanked out and the car/JCB disappears. The PVTS turns the owner into the tracker. If the crims steal the car key or hack it if the fob is not in the car it is not going very far. A call from Vodafone and they can disable it and call the rozzers. Then people say "do I want the car back after it has been defiled". Answer depends if you want to wait 70 weeks for a new one.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Admiral, PVTS+ contract, just renewed for another year £512.04 fully comp.
wow they cheapest I getis still admiral but it’s 964 with the little box tracker which I don’t want or £1375 off without the box.

I think it’s the London postcode maybe.
LV is a close second place.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I got mine with the company salary sacrifice. Not the usual suspects. Octopus EV sorted it. It is a firm called LloydLatchfordgroup.co.uk/car-insurance . They might cater better for company Taycans
Thanks mate tried them v helpful but came in £200 higher.
Looks like it’s admiral.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would humbly disagree with this. We've all seen the stolen vehicles with a fitted tracker that gets yanked out and the car/JCB disappears. The PVTS turns the owner into the tracker. If the crims steal the car key or hack it if the fob is not in the car it is not going very far. A call from Vodafone and they can disable it and call the rozzers. Then people say "do I want the car back after it has been defiled". Answer depends if you want to wait 70 weeks for a new one.
Tracker is integrated with LTE module amongst other things and so can't be "ripped" out without wholesale surgery.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
wow they cheapest I getis still admiral but it’s 964 with the little box tracker which I don’t want or £1375 off without the box.

I think it’s the London postcode maybe.
LV is a close second place.
I would caution against any 3rd party device being attached to the Taycan - this is not like other wiring jobs! The installation will not be straightforward and could potentially lead to 12v battery drains. Installation cost will be £££.
Sponsored

Last edited: