LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry if this has been posted but I’m trying to get insurance for my company car as sole director.

1. I’m putting my name as registered keeper and company as the owner
2. I’ll pay for the insurance and claim back from my company
3. Are there any particular companies better for insurance on a 4S cross Turismo - at the moment I’ve found Admiral to be the cheapest but it’s still expensive!

TIA!
This is exactly how I have mine set up and the insurance is with Admiral , forget LV as they won’t insure any Taycan‘s.
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
That’s really helpful - I’ll order it a week before the car comes. Don’t know if it changes the insurance probably not. I was surprised dashcam has no impact on premium either.

Having the blackvue900x front and rear cameras fitted - better than the Porsche one which is the same as the one i have in the Audi (rubbish)
I went for the 'rubbish' front Porsche one! You won't want to run your dashcams in parking mode. That will kill the battery. That's the one thing I miss from my Beamers' dashcams.

Also, if you went for PVTS you might want to get a good tracker fob holder.... I recommend the chaps I put in this thread. Awesome Custom Leather Tracker Fob Holder | TaycanForum -- Porsche Taycan Owners, News, Discussions, Forums

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I went for the 'rubbish' front Porsche one! You won't want to run your dashcams in parking mode. That will kill the battery. That's the one thing I miss from my Beamers' dashcams.

Also, if you went for PVTS you might want to get a good tracker fob holder.... I recommend the chaps I put in this thread. Awesome Custom Leather Tracker Fob Holder | TaycanForum -- Porsche Taycan Owners, News, Discussions, Forums
There is a battery backup option on the dashcam i think.

Thanks i will look at the tracker fob!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
My car insurance is up for renewal in 30 days. Last year, my insurance was £1,250 but the quotes now are £4,500!

I’m insured with Admiral, but the comparison sites aren’t showing Admiral or the more popular insurers. I’ve had no claims and no convictions.

Any tips would be appreciated.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My car insurance is up for renewal in 30 days. Last year, my insurance was £1,250 but the quotes now are £4,500!

I’m insured with Admiral, but the comparison sites aren’t showing Admiral or the more popular insurers. I’ve had no claims and no convictions.

Have a chat with NFU Mutual.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Move out of London...?

Apologies, couldn't resist!
Have you given Admiral a phone call yet? If so, what are they quoting to renew?
I got an online quote from Admiral a few weeks ago (not for a Taycan), and they were showing up just fine on Compare the Market.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
If only moving out of London was that simple!

I’ll give the insurance companies a call. I tried Compare the Market, but only 5 insurers are willing to insure me right now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Age, post code, tracker, on street parking?

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Speak to them as its clearly a software gaff.
Insurance def gone up. Getting a tracker dropped price by £500

I’m looking to get a second car as multi car insurance works out cheaper overall i think. With a second car the Taycan dropped to £1100.

The dealer told me admiral seems to be the best for Taycan and then perhaps LV.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Insurance def gone up. Getting a tracker dropped price by £500

I’m looking to get a second car as multi car insurance works out cheaper overall i think. With a second car the Taycan dropped to £1100.

The dealer told me admiral seems to be the best for Taycan and then perhaps LV.
Presume you'll use the PVTS+ service from Porsche (annual subscription) which neatly integrates with My Porsche App? Hardware is already in the car.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Presume you'll use the PVTS+ service from Porsche (annual subscription) which neatly integrates with My Porsche App? Hardware is already in the car.
Yes it‘s £440 for 2 years so given the PD my registration ID to setup on the car when it arrives.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am with Admiral multi car and my first year renewal is due in just over a month, so I will post up the quote.

On a side issue, I know nothing at all about PVTS+ other than its something that you can add as FOD.
Has anyone got a link to how it works in layman's terms and how easy it is to use in 'real life'?
Bearing in mind its my first Porsche and I've never had a tracker fitted on any car.
👍

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I am with Admiral multi car and my first year renewal is due in just over a month, so I will post up the quote.

On a side issue, I know nothing at all about PVTS+ other than its something that you can add as FOD.
Has anyone got a link to how it works in layman's terms and how easy it is to use in 'real life'?
Bearing in mind its my first Porsche and I've never had a tracker fitted on any car.
👍
You just get an extra fob (not much smaller than the key and a bit of a pain in the arse to carry as needs to be separate to the key). You get a telephone call if the car is moved without the fob. Obviously has tracking functionality too, but I don't think you can use it to remotely immobilise the car.

My guess is you may need to take the car in to dealer to pair up the alarm fob with the car.
Sponsored