UK is no longer in EU - can we have a UK section please - thanks!

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Most critically, if our feckwit Govt mess up the trade negotiations (extremely likely) and lose tariff free access, all Porsche cars will cost 10% more as from 1st Jan 2021. I know this because I have signed a addendum to my contract with my Porsche dealer saying exactly this!

Strangely, when I present this dilemma to your average Pro Brexit dongle in the UK as the primary reason why I don't want to leave the EU, I get very little sympathy!
Sponsored

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
Most critically, if our feckwit Govt mess up the trade negotiations (extremely likely) and lose tariff free access, all Porsche cars will cost 10% more as from 1st Jan 2021. I know this because I have signed a addendum to my contract with my Porsche dealer saying exactly this!

Strangely, when I present this dilemma to your average Pro Brexit dongle in the UK as the primary reason why I don't want to leave the EU, I get very little sympathy!
10% more, that means Porsche cars in UK will be about the same price as in the rest of Europe. Can't see the problem.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
:CWL: I do a LOT of work with the US and it had always amused me how they always think the EU is just one big country...I wish it was that easy :)
I guess this is your UK section. But most reporting from Porsche have three regions....North America, Europe and Asia. So you want a fourth....UK....From a sales point of view, only the USA, Germany and China deserve their own reporting, and if you google Porsche sales, you will often see USA, China and Germany as subsets of the regional reports.

The new visa requirements for UK are quite frankly draconian! My wife, not American or European citizen, literally has to get a certified copy of the deed to our home as part of the visa application.. "evidence of family members staying behind in home country" uh......ok, me staying in the USA while she goes to UK, or her retired father, former university president in Bangkok, and World Bank inspections consultant? How do we show evidence that I or he is staying put....lol...she is traveling with her mom who is coming directly from Bangkok..... "rationale for visiting UK"....hmmm....she wants to eat fish and chips...lol.....list goes on and on. The UK used to be the easiest and most welcoming country to travel to in Europe, and now its the most difficult! We obviously get it that visas are required and she has to do it for virtually every country we travel to. Spanish visa process is even more absurd than the UK, so the for European trips, get a Schengen visa from the efficient countries of France and Germany, and we can travel Europe via entry into france or Germany (and Germany and France will always get some of our tourist dollars). Since the UK is not a part of Europe....LOL.....Schengen visa doesn't work there. Bye bye UK, this is probably her last trip there.

I don't mean to offend Americans on this forum, but more cosmopolitan and educated Americans, Europeans and Asians that have worked in the USA will know what I am talking about..........It is actually quite amusing and quite sad how little the average American knows about the rest of the world, not just about Europe. Even something as basic as geography. Show them a map of Asia or Africa, and you would be lucky if they could name, show you the location and name the capital of even one country. Even my "educated" friends mix up Taiwan and Thailand where my wife is from. GEEEEZZ!!! My wife quizzed me and got EVERY single country in Europe, Asia, South American and North America and only missed island countries in the Pacific, Caribbean and a few of the smaller west African countries. Then for your amusement watch this Jimmy Kimmel geography quiz......:CWL::CWL: Can you name A country, just at least one....

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Yay - a UK forum. I think this will be really useful as a lot of UK members are on here so dealer discussion, mods, Uk supplies etc can be specific here...thank you mods!
Sponsored