alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
I ordered back in November last year, and my car is slowly moving through the build process.
This is my first new-build Porsche, after a couple of "off the lot" purchases while I lived in the USA. I'm incredibly excited for our new Taycan!

A couple of questions:

1. I know we don't get the full "Track Your Dream" experience here in the UK. This is the latest status I got from my dealer, which shows the car is built. Why does the My Porsche thing still show "Your Vehicle is Scheduled for Production"

2. Has the delay for others for 12v batteries really been this massive? I assume that's why it's showing a *two month* wait at the port? :\

Porsche Taycan UK order status and delays? image001
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I ordered back in November last year, and my car is slowly moving through the build process.
This is my first new-build Porsche, after a couple of "off the lot" purchases while I lived in the USA. I'm incredibly excited for our new Taycan!

A couple of questions:

1. I know we don't get the full "Track Your Dream" experience here in the UK. This is the latest status I got from my dealer, which shows the car is built. Why does the My Porsche thing still show "Your Vehicle is Scheduled for Production"

2. Has the delay for others for 12v batteries really been this massive? I assume that's why it's showing a *two month* wait at the port? :\

image001.png
Oh dear.
I ordered mine in July last year and haven't even got that much information from the dealer so maybe I am afflicted by the same delay. My "My Porsche" status went to "scheduled for production" on 16th April and is still there :(

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Think it also depends on which model you go for too. Mine was stuck at the port for customs issues For 2 weeks in the UK.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Oh dear.
I ordered mine in July last year and haven't even got that much information from the dealer so maybe I am afflicted by the same delay. My "My Porsche" status went to "scheduled for production" on 16th April and is still there :(
Same - August deposit, April 14th My Porsche showed “scheduled for delivery”. Dealer expected build to start 24th June, but no news. Hoping to have an update today.

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
You were at "scheduled for delivery" in April?! Have you managed to get a screen capture of the internal status codes from your dealer?

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
We have a GTS ST that was due into build the week before yours.

Been told it's built but waiting for the 12v battery issue to be sorted and that could be 8weeks, which ties in a little bit with the dates on your schedule.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
You were at "scheduled for delivery" in April?! Have you managed to get a screen capture of the internal status codes from your dealer?
Sorry, meant to put scheduled for production, and no, haven’t had a screenshot of dealer status codes.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Update, of sorts, from dealer this morning,
The details we have received from Porsche is
"There is a supply shortage of 12 volt LiFePo batteries due to a fire at a supplier's production facility.
We regret that the originally planned, non-binding delivery date for your ordered Porsche Taycan cannot be met. We are working with high priority on a suitable solution for your vehicle”
The “non binding” made me smile as my delivery date has never been more than a rumour at best.
Let’s hope that the 8week delay mentioned on other threads is a max. 🤞🏻😎

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a phone call earlier today to say the car is actually in production but they have been informed of additional delays until September or so.

So I can’t change the spec back to the one I changed away from to, I was told, reduce the delay by dropping Bose and racetex B pillar.

I genuinely wish I had never ordered the car.

As an old fashioned Brit one of the worst offences one can perpetrate is to Queue-jump so I didn’t use my friends from racing to get and early slot.
How stupid am I?
It seems the world doesn’t much believe in fair play any more.

I should have noticed that increasing tendency.

Both the Team Principle and one of the winning drivers of the Porsche Le Mans team are friends of mine.

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
I had a phone call earlier today to say the car is actually in production but they have been informed of additional delays until September or so.

So I can’t change the spec back to the one I changed away from to, I was told, reduce the delay by dropping Bose and racetex B pillar.
I have both of those items on my car also, but wasn't told that'd cause any delays?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have both of those items on my car also, but wasn't told that'd cause any delays?
I went to the dealer when they got indication my car was scheduled for production and they went through the then current list of shortage items causing extra delay. Bose was down on the spreadsheet as 6 weeks extra and racetex B pillar was indefinite so I dropped them because I was fed up with waiting.

When I ordered in July 2021 I was told the next build slot would be end of October/beginning of November and expected delivery by Christmas 2021, so I also ordered wheels with winter tyres too.
What a gullible fool I am.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
I went to the dealer when they got indication my car was scheduled for production and they went through the then current list of shortage items causing extra delay. Bose was down on the spreadsheet as 6 weeks extra and racetex B pillar was indefinite so I dropped them because I was fed up with waiting.

When I ordered in July 2021 I was told the next build slot would be end of October/beginning of November and expected delivery by Christmas 2021, so I also ordered wheels with winter tyres too.
What a gullible fool I am.
Silver lining hopefully is that our cars are still the MY22 and therefore do not get the additional price increase that the MY23 has brought without any noticeable changes/additions in spec.

Like you I have been waiting for an eternity, but at least it seems to be getting closer!

Porsche Taycan UK order status and delays? 1657534640174

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I just got an update from my dealer this morning. My car was supposed to be completed this week but now has been delayed for completion till 27th July.
And then the car will be delivered to the showroom sometime in September.
Well at least it will have the 72 number plate but really wanted to enjoy the car in the summer, especially the current heatwave.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Also just got an update and seems to confirm the 8 week delivery delay!

As can be seen below original planned delivery date was 29/07/2022 which has now been pushed to 30/09/2022. Seems like it is going to sit at the port for 2 months

Porsche Taycan UK order status and delays? 1657542419009

Crags99

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag

A couple of questions:

image001.png
I think we are in exactly the same boat. Pardon the pun. Mine was due for delivery on the 1st July, then got told its still in the Emden port and i wont have it till at least the 22nd. Who knows whats going on, myself and my brother ordered ours at the same day & time. He is collecting his tomorrow. I think its just how many ships are sailing in a week.