Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Ahh that sounds pretty good going. I've got a GTS Saloon on order with them since March, the GTS part is slowing me down ☹
Yes, the system was suggesting Q4 23 when I ordered but they were confident it would be quicker probably Spring 23. Then SA called to ask if I would be interested in a 22 build slot and a couple of weeks later I got the allocation. The factory released a bigger than usual batch of slots in late June and I was lucky as a few of the 11 in front of me could not take an earlier delivery due to existing leases etc. I just made the cut.
Sponsored

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Yes, the system was suggesting Q4 23 when I ordered but they were confident it would be quicker probably Spring 23. Then SA called to ask if I would be interested in a 22 build slot and a couple of weeks later I got the allocation. The factory released a bigger than usual batch of slots in late June and I was lucky as a few of the 11 in front of me could not take an earlier delivery due to existing leases etc. I just made the cut.
Oh that's good. I never thought of the fact that people may not be able to take deliveries so don't want delivery early...
Wish I had some of that luck on my GTS order...
Enjoy, I'm sure I'll see you driving round the area! What colour have you gone for?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Oh that's good. I never thought of the fact that people may not be able to take deliveries so don't want delivery early...
Wish I had some of that luck on my GTS order...
Enjoy, I'm sure I'll see you driving round the area! What colour have you gone for?
Dolomite silver with black interior.

I'm just off the M40 J2.... you?

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Dolomite silver with black interior.

I'm just off the M40 J2.... you?
Very nice!
Ahh, I thought you might be local.. maybe I won't be seeing you driving around haha. I'm down the M3 junction 2.
I also was having a dumb moment, I somehow read all these posts as Guildford, but it's Reading you ordered from, hah. So I haven't ordered from the same dealer..... lol

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Brother showed me a letter he received from Porsche to say his car is due a software update, even has a VIN number and everything. The funny thing is that he has yet to receive a delivery date. LOL
I got that letter this morning.
It made me cross.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haha, I could happily have taken delivery last November/December which is what I was expecting from what I was told when I discussed my order placed mid-July 2021 for their next build slot in October ‘21.

God willing I am spared long enough to eventually enjoy it. :)

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I got that letter this morning.
It made me cross.
I would have blown a gasket if I had received that! This will be automated however someone will be ultimately responsible for ensuring the messages reach the correct audience!
Dear oh Dear.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would have blown a gasket if I had received that! This will be automated however someone will be ultimately responsible for ensuring the messages reach the correct audience!
Dear oh Dear.
My guess is it is related to my putting the VIN number in the My.Porsche app in the forlorn hope of getting any extra information made some bit of software assume I had the car. It didn’t work, btw, zero extra info.

It DID make me seriously consider cancelling the order.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Has yours arrived yet? What colour? There are a few around High Wycombe/Beaconsfield I see. :cool:
Arrived back in May - Gentian Blue Turbo. Not many cars in the world that you can commute to London in every day whilst keeping up with most Supercars!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Arrived back in May - Gentian Blue Turbo. Not many cars in the world that you can commute to London in every day whilst keeping up with most Supercars!
I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm in Farnham Common. Hopefully my 4S CT will be here by the end of the year. Spec has just locked and fingers crossed it gets a 12 v battery, Bose and doesn't have a crack in the roof 🙈 Scheduled to arrive on Reading on 25th November but let's see

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Ah nice area, quite often head through for Burnham.

I had the same wait - weeks waiting for Burmester. Also put in an order for a Range Rover at a similar time - almost 12 months now. Sale stop on any car with a Meridian sound system...only problem? EVERY RR has a Meridian sound system!

Our patience is rewarded with robust resale values (for now at least).

Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
It have been hinted to me that Porsche are placing the batteries into the production line first before retro-fitting the batteries to the ones currently built but sitting in storage. If true this is absolutely awful practice and a total disrespect for those who ordered first and been waiting the longest.

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
It have been hinted to me that Porsche are placing the batteries into the production line first before retro-fitting the batteries to the ones currently built but sitting in storage. If true this is absolutely awful practice and a total disrespect for those who ordered first and been waiting the longest.
Whilst I truly get the issue and feeling for those sat waiting with a car fully built (except for a 12V battery), installing the battery within the production line is absolutely the correct thing to do when considering production line processes, ISO compliance etc etc.
Sponsored