UK order status and delays?

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m not sure how many of us really NEED a Taycan. But hopefully it will appear soon and you will enjoy having it. And if not, you can easily sell it on at no loss in the next 6-12 months.
I do think that will change. Used prices are dropping and demand of luxury cars will fall as we hit recession which is on the horizon with the energy bill jump.
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine went stage 4 on 31/7/22 and dealer expected pick up this week but now stopped again although it did go to stage 5 on 17/8.

Since it was an impulse purchase of a car I don’t need I wish I hadn’t gone ahead now. Production was estimated for 10/21 on the day I placed my order…

Looks like I’ll pick it up about a year later than I had expected when I placed the order.
You’ll enjoy it mate when it comes especially after the long wait!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I do think that will change. Used prices are dropping and demand of luxury cars will fall as we hit recession which is on the horizon with the energy bill jump.
I am not sure I agree with that assessment… we will see. Maybe you are correct, but there seem to be enough people wanting Taycans that demand is so much greater than supply which is keeping prices up. As you suggest though, we could be in a very different place in 6 months - or maybe Taycan residuals will still be very strong. Watch this space!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’m not sure how many of us really NEED a Taycan. But hopefully it will appear soon and you will enjoy having it. And if not, you can easily sell it on at no loss in the next 6-12 months.
I didn’t need a new car at all!
My every day car still is totally satisfactory for its use and I have a sports car if I want. The car I no longer use is a 1991 Mercedes’ 500E which I bought new and love but isn’t really “necessary” and has been on SORN so long I have to get it MOT’d and taxed before I can take my number plate off it.
I am sure I’ll love the car - as long as it as reliable as my others - the test drive was a revelation but as an impulse purchase it has been total disappointment and I am an old bloke and concerned I’ll die or get too arthritic to get in and out before it comes.
If I was 40 the delay would be a minor irritation, at 72 it is probably a considerable portion of my remaining healthy life.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW, I have been tracking the Porsche Approved prices for CT-T.

3-4 weeks ago they ranged from ~£145K-£160+K - There were 1-2 at £170k+ with delivery mileage. ... Typically 4-5 available at any time. Well above list.

This week, it ranges from £134-£150K for the same kind of stock (1 with delivery only mileage at £143K). ......7 available - more or less at, or slightly above list price for equivalent model.

cheers

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I hadn't noticed that until this last week...

A nicely spec'd 4S CT was 119.5k a week ago...it's 115k now.

And there are a couple of Turbo CTs available for what looks to be list.

I still don't think the former one is "cheap"...it's over a year old and has done over 10k miles. But they do seem to be softening.

There's also a dealer demo GTS ST for 139k. With the spec it has, I still think that's a good chunk over list. But it looks good value compared to the one at 150k.

I wonder if dealers are starting to want to shift stock...

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Taycan 4S (On Order)
Country flag
I’ve just had an email from dealer. 4S ordered Feb, had now started production but will be a delay for delivery due to battery supply issues (surprise!) He expects me to get it in November at the latest, although I’m not convinced.

harrybhudia

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid - Taycan 4s ST (on order)
Country flag
Hi All,

Just got an update from my dealer, they have been advised by Porsche AG that fitting of 12V batteries to impacted cars will commence from the middle of October through to the end of Jan 2023.

Has anyone else received any similar messages?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi All,

Just got an update from my dealer, they have been advised by Porsche AG that fitting of 12V batteries to impacted cars will commence from the middle of October through to the end of Jan 2023.

Has anyone else received any similar messages?
Which dealer did you order from, PRG?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yep Guildford PRG... Did you get the same email?
Mine hasn't been built yet. Currently scheduled to enter bodyshop on 30th October production complete 4th November and delivery to PRG Reading 25th November.
Hoping that by then batteries will be readily available for new production

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Mine hasn't been built yet. Currently scheduled to enter bodyshop on 30th October production complete 4th November and delivery to PRG Reading 25th November.
Hoping that by then batteries will be readily available for new production
Hi @Speuk , out of interest, when did Reading call to say you were allocated a slot?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi @Speuk , out of interest, when did Reading call to say you were allocated a slot?
I paid my deposit on 9th June 22 and received the "Thank you for your order email on 2nd July so called Simon at Reading and he confirmed allocation and the dates which haven't changed other than freeze move from 24th September to 30th and back to 24th. Order is for 4S CT there were 11 in front of me when I placed the order

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
I paid my deposit on 9th June 22 and received the "Thank you for your order email on 2nd July so called Simon at Reading and he confirmed allocation and the dates which haven't changed other than freeze move from 24th September to 30th and back to 24th. Order is for 4S CT there were 11 in front of me when I placed the order
Ahh that sounds pretty good going. I've got a GTS Saloon on order with them since March, the GTS part is slowing me down ☹
Sponsored