G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I got sick of getting the fob off from the dealer (best guess for delivery is Q3 2023 for a CT 4S) so I've put a deposit down for a Lotus Eletre. Obviously very few have seen one in the flesh unless you went to Goodwood, but the numbers look good and the dealer actually seemed bothered!!
I called the local Lotus dealer and the best thing is to register on the website for details. Did you find out any other info.
Sponsored

Naughty Dog

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4 Competition
Country flag
I called the local Lotus dealer and the best thing is to register on the website for details. Did you find out any other info.
The dealer told me that there were around 700 deposits paid in the UK but, obviously, a good many of those will not go ahead. First deliveries will be in China early 2023 with Europe shortly afterwards. The full configurator complete with prices is planned to go live 'late summer' and showroom vehicles should arrive late 2022.

At that rate delivery would possibly be similar to the Taycan I put a deposit on in January 2022.

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
The dealer told me that there were around 700 deposits paid in the UK but, obviously, a good many of those will not go ahead. First deliveries will be in China early 2023 with Europe shortly afterwards. The full configurator complete with prices is planned to go live 'late summer' and showroom vehicles should arrive late 2022.

At that rate it delivery would possibly be similar to the Tycan I put a deposit on in January 2022.
I am in the same boat as you. Ordered early January. The news i received yesterday indicated that it could be May 2023 before I see my car at the earliest.
Interesting!

Naughty Dog

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4 Competition
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you. Ordered early January. The news i received yesterday indicated that it could be May 2023 before I see my car at the earliest.
Interesting!
Yes, the jury's out until we see an actual car but spec-wise and price, it could be a contender.

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I’m next in line for a ct turbo, Teeside have been allocated 1 this year I was originally told sep oct delivery, now there dating march , I’ve got a ct4s so not massively bothered, but halo cars are more fewer than the others

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Bit of movement then on my front by coincidence after my mini rant the other day...:giggle:

Dealer got in touch saying they've got a 4S potentially available as part of a cancelled order that I could have until the Turbo S becomes available.

It's a decent spec all things considered.

Reckon I'll go for it to tide me over as it lets me sell my current car at a decent value given the 2nd hand market just now (my tax, insurance, 30k service and MOT are all due - along with a couple of new tyres - in a couple of months so that's a decent four figure sum I'm spending if I keep it until next March)

Anyone think there's issues with jumping in to get the 4S just now? I'm sure the garage will play the line that it'll go in 48 hours if I don't jump on it but wonder how much I could get on a deal as far as it goes with me taking it off their hands.

For all I might save a fair chunk getting rid of my current car, I don't just want to throw it all away on the loss of value on that 4s over 8 or 9 months when they offer to buy it back. Do you think they would provide a guaranteed return value on it for when my Turbo S comes along?

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
Bit of movement then on my front by coincidence after my mini rant the other day...:giggle:

Dealer got in touch saying they've got a 4S potentially available as part of a cancelled order that I could have until the Turbo S becomes available.

It's a decent spec all things considered.

Reckon I'll go for it to tide me over as it lets me sell my current car at a decent value given the 2nd hand market just now (my tax, insurance, 30k service and MOT are all due - along with a couple of new tyres - in a couple of months so that's a decent four figure sum I'm spending if I keep it until next March)

Anyone think there's issues with jumping in to get the 4S just now? I'm sure the garage will play the line that it'll go in 48 hours if I don't jump on it but wonder how much I could get on a deal as far as it goes with me taking it off their hands.

For all I might save a fair chunk getting rid of my current car, I don't just want to throw it all away on the loss of value on that 4s over 8 or 9 months when they offer to buy it back. Do you think they would provide a guaranteed return value on it for when my Turbo S comes along?
As tempting as it is - I suspect that the depreciation on a new car will be "upsetting", even for something in as high demand as the Taycan.

See if you can get them to give you a guaranteed trade value, against certain mileage and maintenance limits? If not, you might be better off either sticking with your current car and waiting - or just going with the 4S and upgrading to the Turbo with the "Taycan 2" in a couple of years?

What's the spec like? Got a Porsche Code? ;p

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
As tempting as it is - I suspect that the depreciation on a new car will be "upsetting", even for something in as high demand as the Taycan.

See if you can get them to give you a guaranteed trade value, against certain mileage and maintenance limits? If not, you might be better off either sticking with your current car and waiting - or just going with the 4S and upgrading to the Turbo with the "Taycan 2" in a couple of years?

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.d.../modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PN7776J1

The only really obvious thing that I'd really want on that compared to what I'm getting with the Turbo (performance aside) is the Mission E wheels and the colour (though I don't dislike that grey one). If the wheels were on it, I'd probably accept it as "my" car and take the option of it for it two years you mention.

And aye, while I was reasonably accepting of their "we don't do discounts" stuff for the main purchase, I'm going to have to play the game where you know the car dealer has far more up their sleeve than their first offer for this, I think.

It's probably only the desperation kicking in with the latest potential delays that's really making me want to grab this one as a loan-er.

Well that and the fact my mate's 911 Carrera 4S turned up yesterday...

Porsche Taycan UK order status and delays? 20220713-200934

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
Not a bad spec at all, and I'm a sucker for Volcano Grey :).

Maybe push them to swap the wheels for Mission Es at no cost (they'll get them at cost, and can always sell on those rims).

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag

Agree, i'd be pushing for a minimum future value. A good friend of mine did this a few years back when he was waiting on his new Cayene on a Boxter S.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Not only UK have delays, here in Belgium, also, ordered in Nov 21 a CT4, was supposed to be delivered(optimistic timeframe) mid June 2022, (Medium Time frame) mid July 2022, then Mid August 2022, and lasst news now, mid-september 2022, I know it is only 10 Months, but moth after month, it will soon be one year ...
So I keep patience, just because it is my first Porsche, and most probably my last car before I get retired. I still have faith. In Be we can't follow the progress of the order and build process like you have, aldo it is a member of VW group Brand,. .Skoda, VW, you can follow thru the Web, Porsche no.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

I think that if this is a new 4S with good spec it won’t depreciate over 9-12 months. The supply problems are here to stay for some time and demand will remain high regardless of our economic woes. Current second hand values are 10% over list price for a 1 year old car. That bubble will eventually burst, but I don’t think it is going to burst any time soon. Others may disagree, but that is my take on it.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Spoke to them again today when the business manager called.

They can't guarantee a trade in value without a secured date of return (and that can't be known since the Turbo S arrival is unkown)

They said it's something they / other dealerships might well have done before but it would be based on the interim car being issued for a certain period knowing when it was coming back in.

I'd need to discuss it more with them and see what it's actually end up costing me beyond the monthly payments.

Asked about the option for adding Mission E wheels on it and basically making it "my" car at that point and they said the build is fixed so it can't be changed (figured as much) Asked about them buying the wheels at cost through their parts department as a sweetener and the response was that it'd be £2,300 PER WHEEL and they're dearer to buy from that deparment than when specced.

There's very little "give", in fact none at all from them really.

My only argument might be in asking for more for the trade in value of my current car if they're desperate to get 2nd hand cars in the door.

I'm still keen to do it as, if the wait of for the TurboS is going to be 7 months or so, it gets my a new car just now to enjoy.

Not sure, other than having the lesser model right now, there's much benefit in it otherwise. It's just that the benefit is a shiny new Taycan so that's a huge plus...

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I think that if this is a new 4S with good spec it won’t depreciate over 9-12 months. The supply problems are here to stay for some time and demand will remain high regardless of our economic woes. Current second hand values are 10% over list price for a 1 year old car. That bubble will eventually burst, but I don’t think it is going to burst any time soon. Others may disagree, but that is my take on it.
Just to add some colour to this.... As i am hopefully approaching Autumn delivery of my next Taycan I have started making a few enquiries with dealers to sell my current 4S. Interestingly a couple of them I have spoken to so far say they are sitting on more stock than they are comfortable with, and so I suspect the worm has turned or is turning as we speak... Cars will remain desirable but the huge over demand may be dissipating.

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to add some colour to this.... As i am hopefully approaching Autumn delivery of my next Taycan I have started making a few enquiries with dealers to sell my current 4S. Interestingly a couple of them I have spoken to so far say they are sitting on more stock than they are comfortable with, and so I suspect the worm has turned or is turning as we speak... Cars will remain desirable but the huge over demand may be dissipating.
I’m not sure I buy that. There’s only 54 Taycans on autotrader - thats bugger all. I suspect they’ve given you that line so they can offer a lower trade in price and therefore the make themselves even more profit when they sell a car on.
Sponsored