Luminated67

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4M50
Country flag
Whilst I truly get the issue and feeling for those sat waiting with a car fully built (except for a 12V battery), installing the battery within the production line is absolutely the correct thing to do when considering production line processes, ISO compliance etc etc.
True but for those waiting it's a real kick in the teeth and frankly Porsche should be offering these customers a sweetener for the length of the wait which in the case of my brother has been more than 6 months from the original date quoted.
Sponsored

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Whilst I truly get the issue and feeling for those sat waiting with a car fully built (except for a 12V battery), installing the battery within the production line is absolutely the correct thing to do when considering production line processes, ISO compliance etc etc.
Agreed but they happily produced cars without the battery for at least a few months so it is not as if they could not progress without the battery. I presume they had a few spare ones that they rotated around the cars as they were built before removing it and sending the car into the "waiting compound"

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Taycan 4S (On Order)
Country flag
I’ve had an email from Porsche today stating that my car has been built, with a battery, and is waiting to be shipped over. I was very surprised and asked him to check but it is fully built, so the rumour about production line cars getting batteries as normal seems to be true. Dealer is expecting car to be with them in 2 weeks so hoping to finally take delivery in October. Ordered in February so not as long a wait as some…..if all goes well!!

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve had an email from Porsche today stating that my car has been built, with a battery, and is waiting to be shipped over. I was very surprised and asked him to check but it is fully built, so the rumour about production line cars getting batteries as normal seems to be true. Dealer is expecting car to be with them in 2 weeks so hoping to finally take delivery in October. Ordered in February so not as long a wait as some…..if all goes well!!
Full spec ?🤔

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ordered end of January and my build was supposed to happen 30/9. But it was pushed back 2 times. I will check in with my dealership early next week. They couldn’t confirm that my car will have the Bose option and the delivery is now expected for November.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Well done! Good news they're fitting batteries on assembly again.

Mine though is still 3 weeks away from being built.

Like politics a lot can happen in that time 😬

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

To be fair the I was given the build date of 15th Sept in June I think and there was only 1 day delay to it. So I think I’ve been lucky.
Also, SimCity is one of my all time favourite strategy games. Great username. Ha!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

I'm a week behind you with Bodyshop start on 28th October.....another week when things can go wrong 🤔

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Just for clarity Nic please, since mine is supposed to be built tomorrow - your build date was 16th sept (15th plus 1 day) - and you received the e-mail telling you this today? So its around 2 weeks from build to notification? Thanks

Nic4S

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just for clarity Nic please, since mine is supposed to be built tomorrow - your build date was 16th sept (15th plus 1 day) - and you received the e-mail telling you this today? So its around 2 weeks from build to notification? Thanks
Yep that’s correct. Will email dealer tomorrow to ask about spec etc for confirmation it’s as I ordered. Can’t lie, starting to get excited again!!

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Yep that’s correct. Will email dealer tomorrow to ask about spec etc for confirmation it’s as I ordered. Can’t lie, starting to get excited again!!
Thanks Nic - much appreciated - even though its disappointing to have to wait 2 weeks to be told - I thought it would be the same day - good luck!
Sponsored