Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
So, email received from Porsche Cars Great Britain - order has been processed and accepted - Stage One.

What are peoples timescales from here on in to delivery?

PS - I recognise it may still be a way off but just trying to consider timescales for my current lease.
Sponsored

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
PS - I recognise it may still be a way off but just trying to consider timescales for my current lease.
What’s your dealer said in terms of allocations? You need to have an idea where you are in their pecking order. They will get a fixed number of allocations. Bit hard to say until you get an allocation.

i had to wait 6 months for an allocation, but obviously matters are more fluid in the market now. I’d say you could be lucky and get an allocation far sooner, with cancellations etc.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I ordered in March 2022 and was told I was 3rd in the queue...so today's email was a pleasant surprise!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered in March 2022 and was told I was 3rd in the queue...so today's email was a pleasant surprise!
For me it was 6 months from Stage 1 to delivery. But I’d expect yours could be a lot sooner.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
OK, thank you. What I don't understand is that if the email saying order placed is not linked to an allocation, why the order isn't placed at the time of ordering and paying the £5k?

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc glc250 Audi S1 saab93 Ferrari348ts 4S ct??
Country flag
Is anyone still waiting longer than me? My order by Zenith(companys preferred lease) main dealer is Cambridge. placed 19Nov 2021(yes you read right) for a CT4S still ongoing and delayed now until estimated date of 05may2023. I am on the cusp of cancelling this.

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Is anyone still waiting longer than me? My order by Zenith(companys preferred lease) main dealer is Cambridge. placed 19Nov 2021(yes you read right) for a CT4S still ongoing and delayed now until estimated date of 05may2023. I am on the cusp of cancelling this.
Woof. I think I'd be in the same boat as you in your situation.

I ordered late Feb last year and my GTS Sedan is due at the dealership any day. I hope you get better news on yours soon

348ts

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc glc250 Audi S1 saab93 Ferrari348ts 4S ct??
Country flag
Woof. I think I'd be in the same boat as you in your situation.

I ordered late Feb last year and my GTS Sedan is due at the dealership any day. I hope you get better news on yours soon

[/Thats great news for you. Unfortunately in the UK they are have been prioritising private sales(mire incentive on sales extras/commission and slipping in lease orders now and then. Not ideal and what was going to be a company vehicle for my last 2 years is now likely to fall into my early retirement plans. Its a shame as I had planned to oreorder the Macan ev to follow on from it. Clearly I wont be entertaining that now. QUOTE]

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Actually my order is through a salary sacrifice lease scheme. I'd seen others suggest that private orders were being prioritised but that hasn't been the case in my experience.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Mentioned in another thread that I cancelled my order last week.

Lack of any news on allocation, lengthy wait, Porsche mucking about with options and well spec'd, lightly used cars becoming increasingly available with prices dropping relatively quickly prompted the move.

Dealer called to confirm this morning, but also to note my order had just (Weds) been given a March allocation!

Still going ahead with the cancellation. Reasons all still apply - dealer noted that you can no longer have a Cherry Taycan, which remains my preferred colour.

My local dealer has been great. Porsche head office much less so (yes there are circumstances out of their control to a degree. But they've not handled them well IMO).

Good luck to those persevering and enjoy your cars when they arrive. I may end up in a Taycan... Will keep an eye on the used market, and other cars that come to market over the next couple of months. But the initial excitement and want fell away for me, allowing the head to take over :)
You've made the right decision based on what you've explained. I also agree there will be some used Taycan "bargains" to be had by late summer.

You're otherwise paying a £20k premium for a few added bits of spec you can live without, perhaps a slight compromise on the colour, and adding another few months onto your wait to own one before the used market drops further.

Tesla have just dropped new prices in the US by 20%. There have been riots in dealerships in China where the same thing is happening. In the UK, they've slashed prices by £10k causing a large customer backlash.

I doubt that will be unique to one manufacturer. I'm not saying Porsche will discount. They won't. But if the perception of car buyers is that in general the a$$ is falling out of the market, used car prices will have to overcorrect. And that will include Taycan's. 2022 was the year of artificially high used prices. 2023 will be the year of artificially low used prices. 2024 will see the reversion to the mean for used prices.

I bet you'll have a very nice used example by end of the year.

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, thank you. What I don't understand is that if the email saying order placed is not linked to an allocation, why the order isn't placed at the time of ordering and paying the £5k?
When you receive that email, that is effectively Porsche Cars GB confirming your allocation. When you initially pay your £5K (or for some dealers £10k) deposit - it’s effectively buying a place in the queue to get an allocation.

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
I have a 4S ST on order, placed Feb 22. I was advised car was at Emden late December , my dealer advised that it arrived in Sheerness 28th Dec, but since then I have no news. He did say it may be on the Transporter Wednesday but now he can’t give me a date, I have complained to Porsche Uk but had no response. I don’t mind the fact that the car has taken so long, I am just frustrated by the number of false promises. I feel the service has been poor, I am just waiting for the next update: What should have been a great experience has been lost.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Not sure it would help as your key will always transmit.

With comfort access turned off in PCM I iave to press the key to unlock and the kick to open rear hatch and wave over Frank to open don't work on mine.

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
So, email received from Porsche Cars Great Britain - order has been processed and accepted - Stage One.

What are peoples timescales from here on in to delivery?
2nd July 22 to 13th December 22
Sponsored