Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
It's always a good Sunday when you get an app notification that you've moved to Stage 3. Exciting!!

of recent, progress is exactly as per my SA suggested. Dates are being met perfectly
Mine finally hit Stage 5 yesterday 😬

I should finally be able to pick it up on the 1st of the month, or roughly 378.5 long hours from now ...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I was offered an allocation this morning for April delivery. GTS ST.

Have to decide if I want it within the next 10 minutes.

Just one major problem: I am leaving the UK for three months end of March 😂

It's looking like I will have to say no, which is quite hilarious considering the wait and anticipation.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
JLR has a real issue here and has done so for as long as I can remember.

Shameful and I can't believe the issue can't be solved.
There has been a flurry of card stolen in South Glasgow in recent weeks. All high end cars. Combination of break in's and relay thefts. Armed gang from Manchester working in groups of 4-8.
I've also heard about items being placed in the wheel arches which rub/cause a noise as you drive off. As you stop to check, someone whacks you and the other takes the car.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
There has been a flurry of card stolen in South Glasgow in recent weeks. All high end cars. Combination of break in's and relay thefts. Armed gang from Manchester working in groups of 4-8.
I've also heard about items being placed in the wheel arches which rub/cause a noise as you drive off. As you stop to check, someone whacks you and the other takes the car.
Christ! My family has warned me against getting the car and then driving it into Europe where I will be living for some 6 months - and for that reason: someone might want to rob me for it.

But then I wonder if the UK is actually the wild wild west where crooks know they can get away with it?

Also not sure how appealing a RHD car is in a LHD region 😂

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
These cars are ending up in Kenya and other parts of Africa apparently. Many get cut up, stuck in a container and shipped.

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
I’m in the same situation with basically identical dates. It seems quite a few cars that came over at the end of December haven’t made it to the dealerships. Maybe they bought more than usual over or something else is holding them up but I genuinely don’t think the dealers have been told what the problem is. I can only collect my car between the 1st and the 15th of the month (due to it being a company lease car, and thus it effects the payroll process), so I’ll need to wait until the 1st of next month to pick it up now 🙁

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Another update from my dealer that my car is not on the transporter this week from Sheerness, what is going on? That will be 4 weeks at Sheerness if it arrives next week!

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Another update from my dealer that my car is not on the transporter this week from Sheerness, what is going on? That will be 4 weeks at Sheerness if it arrives next week!
Really strange isn’t it!? I can’t pick mine up until the 1st now so I’ve stopped asking for updates atm. I expect I might hear from the sales rep tomorrow though, just as a courtesy. Hopefully they all make it onto a truck soon!

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Where is your dealer? One is Portsmouth.

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Won’t make you feel any better, but my CT has been at Sheerness from 30th December. Silverstone has no idea when it will be delivered to them. Frustrating to say the least.

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Following an earlier comment: Switching off comfort access will all but negate the risk of relay theft. And it's a rolling code, so you can't capture/replay. Some systems now try to mitigate relay theft using methods that either restrict when your key transmits and/or "hiding"/timing the signal. None are foolproof.

New key programming is the biggest open issue, IMHO. Thieves can program & register a new key (via the OBD port).

And, in the EU and UK at least, regulations mean that just about anyone can get hold of the OEM OBD diagnostic / programmer tools, not to mention things like this : https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/lonsdor-jlr-immo-obd-jaguar-landrover-tool.html . So all they need is access to the OBD2 port and they can drive away your car.

So what to do?
1. switch off comfort access and/or be very conscientious in using a faraday pouch and hiding the keys.
2. Protect your OBD2 (move it, disguise it, cage it).
3. Kill-switch it. Aftermarket CANbus immobilisers, such as GHOST (https://www.autowatch.co.uk/) are pretty undefeatable. But may possibly invalidate your warranty.
4. Physically & visually deter. Disc locks are probably best, but a PIA. I use a stoplock pro.
All these just make your car a slightly harder target than someone else's. So:
5. If they want it, they'll get it. Just hand over the keys.

TBH, I wouldn't have thought that Taycans are much of a target for professional thieves... too connected and not much in the way of charging infrastructure in the usual suspect countries they'd be shipped to.

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Won’t make you feel any better, but my CT has been at Sheerness from 30th December. Silverstone has no idea when it will be delivered to them. Frustrating to say the least.
Mine has been at Emden for 5 weeks. I dream of the day it's sitting and waiting at Sheerness 🤣

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
We all appear to be on similar timelines it appears. My supplying dealer is West London

Exit factory 8 Dec
Emden arrival 12 Dec
expected Exit Sheerness 30 Dec
Who is your salesman ?
Sponsored