UK order status and delays?

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been at Emden for 5 weeks. I dream of the day it's sitting and waiting at Sheerness 🤣
Update: it's now on a boat heading for Sheerness! Should arrive tomorrow to join @Gra13, @AGDunc and @korsikoff. I reckon even all going well it'll be mid-Feb before hand-over.

So... should I pick it up mid-Feb or delay registration until 1st March?

korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Update: it's now on a boat heading for Sheerness! Should arrive tomorrow to join @Gra13, @AGDunc and @korsikoff. I reckon even all going well it'll be mid-Feb before hand-over.

Nice! I reckon prior to 14 Feb, you pick it up immediately. If after, wait for 1st March. But that would just be my thoughts. Still no news on mine. On Friday, it will be 3 weeks sat at Sheerness!

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag

Apparently mine is now at the dealership, and I’ve been able to make arrangements to pick it up before the 1st of next month so hopefully I should be able to collect it on Friday 🎉🎉🎉

… so there must be some way out of the apparent maze that is Sheerness …

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
just heard from my SA that car arrived from Emden to Sheeness just prior to NY. Still at port. Distinct vagueness regards when it’ll be at the dealers though 🤷
No longer shrouded in vagueness, instead going to take collection at Porsche Cambridge today. Very excited!

Last edited:

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Ordered Taycan July22, finally Jan23 says Stage1 on app…

Patience then more patience ….

Does anyone know realistically, when to expect delivery? Q42023 or Q12024?
Earlier than that, I reckon. Build slot + 2 months.

Apologies if I'm stating what you already know:

Stage 1 means you have a build slot - your dealer will be able to tell you this date if they haven't already. They'll also be able to tell you planned dates for fixing spec, build completion, transport etc. I'd certainly ask them to send you a screen grab of their system. In usual times, with all going to plan, I think these dates are often reasonably accurate. The last couple of years have not been usual times, but it feels like schedules are slowly getting back on track.

It might take months or years to get a built slot, but once you have it then, all going well, you should get your car as per schedule.

And if things don't go to plan, it may be helpful to know the originally estimated date of delivery in case things run very late (check your contract, it'll probably be estimate + 2 months) and you need to cancel & get deposit refunded.

Dalaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure on transport. I got mine through PRG Reading and even they didn't have any information on delivery date from Sheerness until pdi was complete and then they seemed to get good comms from Sheerness with updates saying due in Reading on Friday night... then Saturday afternoon etc and Reading were good at getting it handed over quickly on Tuesday but Sheerness had prepared it including number plates so Reading just had to wash and apply the free Swissvax fit free all weather mats and boot liner etc. The mobile charger didn't arrive at Reading for another couple of days so had to go back and collect that
Not sure it's helpful, but I'm pretty sure the Sheerness side is handled by GBA vs Porsche Cars GB or PRG themselves (https://www.gbagroup.com/our-services/automotive/pdi-technical-services/).

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Good to hear some cars coming out of Sheerness, I have complained to Porsche Uk, they have sent a very nice reply but still no news on a date, my dealer is pushing for next week but I am not sure how much he can influence what goes on the transporter, he did say he just received a car that arrived at the dock before mine, it will be 4 weeks next Wednesday.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I've also heard about items being placed in the wheel arches which rub/cause a noise as you drive off. As you stop to check, someone whacks you and the other takes the car.
This sounds like an urban legend to me. Far too over-complicated and open to failure. The effort to find something to attach, and then to attach it? How can they guarantee the driver will hear the rubbing? What happens if they stop in a built-up area? Why not just whack you when you get in the car in the first place?

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
This sounds like an urban legend to me. Far too over-complicated and open to failure. The effort to find something to attach, and then to attach it? How can they guarantee the driver will hear the rubbing? What happens if they stop in a built-up area? Why not just whack you when you get in the car in the first place?
I would tend to agree however this was from someone I know very well and his neighbor had their Audi TTRS taken in this way.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I would tend to agree however this was from someone I know very well and his neighbor had their Audi TTRS taken in this way.
Well, I can't counter that, except to say this may have been a very specific set of circumstances which meant this method made sense, but it sounds overly-elaborate and prone to failure, but then criminals aren't usually the sharpest tools in the box.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There is presumably either an item they are short of that we don’t know about causing a wait for it to be fitted, a bit like the 12V battery but not a 5 month wait…

Or maybe a lot of cars are failing PDI due to the high voltage heater failures and they are waiting to be rectified. Which could, of course, be the shortage “we don’t know about”

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
There is presumably either an item they are short of that we don’t know about causing a wait for it to be fitted, a bit like the 12V battery but not a 5 month wait…

Or maybe a lot of cars are failing PDI due to the high voltage heater failures and they are waiting to be rectified.
This. I remember reading that some (all?) cars at Sheerness are PDi'd there whereas mine was done at the dealership. The HV heater failure suggestion sounds very plausible given what has been happening recently.
Sponsored