Chelsea9

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4. Taycan 4S Chalk due May 2023
Country flag
Odered my 4S ST in May 22, East London estimated March 23 delivery, collected 18/03/23. Quite a wait, but it didnt move about...

1st Porsche - fantastic car...
so why do some orders seem to jump the queue ?

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
that has to be frustrating. to me it seems like it's as if they are treating it as the customer that's already waiting is already pissed so delaying them more is not going to change anything, let's get these other vehicles out.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
I had a unexpected good news yesterday! My dealer called me and my car is on its way to the garage. And they have the heater in stock for my car! Obviously they have recovered their delay or am I just lucky?

My car was end of prod. from 26 February so one of the first impacted in the heater gate. At first they had announced a delay in delivery to September!! then it happened in July and there I received this excellent news! I hope the same for you!

jonjon808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think it depends on what allocations the dealership gets. In my case I placed my order mid Jan 23 and the car (4S CT) is due mid June 23. I think I was lucky to walk in to the dealership the day that they decided they could sell one of their forthcoming demonstrator allocations.

CharlieW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTSST R35 Nismo, R34, R33, GT3RS, GLC63, BMW Supra
Country flag
Been told today my car left Emden on the 20th and arrived in grimsby today for 5th May entry to dealer only a month and a half late

For anyone looking for timings the car exited factory on the 4th April

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche sent me a customer service email after I'd collected the car.

It's fair to see I didn't miss with my responses. I wouldn't normally have filled that kind of thing in but I was mucked about so much during the process and the service was so shitty from start to finish, I felt the need to vent.

The only saving grace was the the 4th and final sales rep I had actually got back to me if I called, phoned himself with updates (even if it was just to say he was aware nothing had changed) from time to time and was generally engaging when we had to go in to the centre for any reason.

Other than that, the entire operation was a fucking shambles.

What I would say is, that the car has been worth the wait. I'm glad I didn't bin it off for an E-Tron or the likes and I was seconds away from doing it on two occassions before being talked down by my wife...who I had to convince at other times to see it through too.

I guess they just don't really care as the cars sell anyway.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Mine arrived at the dealership around 10 days after leaving the ship. Collecting it on Saturday

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg
That looks suspiciously like the carpark at the side of Porsche East London?! Don’t ask how I know 🤣

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
We just have to keep telling ourselves, that our patience and tolerance will all be worth it. Hopefully!!
That is what I had to tell myself.

I ordered in July 2021 expecting a build slot in November and delivery for Christmas. As it was I got a build slot in April 2022, slow build for some reason so not finished until the end of July 2022 then stuck in storage with no 12 V battery and I picked the car up 17 ½ months after order in December 2022.

It is the best car for me and whilst I wouldn’t have bothered to order one if I’d known what the actual delay was going to be my only alternative was keeping what I have, no other new car appeals to me enough to buy it, except the Taycan.

Now it is no longer available in green I probably wouldn’t bother to order one today either :(.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
that has to be frustrating. to me it seems like it's as if they are treating it as the customer that's already waiting is already pissed so delaying them more is not going to change anything, let's get these other vehicles out.
That is what I believe too. It happened to me with mine lacking a 12V battery. People were having 2023 models delivered with 12V batteries whilst over 2000 (I was told) 2022 cars were in storage waiting for one.
The cars in storage were only started to be fitted with the new parts once there were surplus to production requirements.

Sensible from a business pov unfortunately for me.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
That is what I had to tell myself.

I ordered in July 2021 expecting a build slot in November and delivery for Christmas. As it was I got a build slot in April 2022, slow build for some reason so not finished until the end of July 2022 then stuck in storage with no 12 V battery and I picked the car up 17 ½ months after order in December 2022.

It is the best car for me and whilst I wouldn’t have bothered to order one if I’d known what the actual delay was going to be my only alternative was keeping what I have, no other new car appeals to me enough to buy it, except the Taycan.

Now it is no longer available in green I probably wouldn’t bother to order one today either :(.
Like many others on here, I did follow your journey. You seemingly had a bit of a nightmare!

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any manufacturing-related delays and yet it has still taken a hell of a long time to come around. I'm sure in a few hours time, as I'm driving home all the pain will be forgotten.

It's exactly the same story for me. There really isn't anything else that piques my interest at the moment, other than the Taycan.

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Last edited: