UK order status and delays?

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I was told by SA on Wednesday that mine was on a boat heading to Sheerness, so hopefully it has arrived. Ordered 04/22, SA said likely to be May 23, build schedule said April 23, alocated Jan 23, locked Feb 23. I went to Stage5 02/05/23. Its sounding quite promising...
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I was told by SA on Wednesday that mine was on a boat heading to Sheerness, so hopefully it has arrived. Ordered 04/22, SA said likely to be May 23, build schedule said April 23, alocated Jan 23, locked Feb 23. I went to Stage5 02/05/23. Its sounding quite promising...
Weirdly, I'm still on Stage 4 in the app, even though I am collecting the car on Thursday!

Simpleelee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone else know if their Taycan is on the “Silver Ray”? just been told mine left Germany on said ship and was supposed to be docking 11pm last night, seems to be doing circles in the North Sea just outside Sheerness at the moment, not sure if this is normal or not 😂?

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
I would dearly love to contribute to this thread but I have absolutely no idea where my car is.
Apparently at Emden for several weeks? So many promises for delivery have been broken that
tbh I'm almost over it. Which I find incredibly sad.

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Been at stage 3 on the app since 1st April (April Fool?) with no progress since for ST GTS... got bored of interrogating webpage for build shots, but dealer (Mayfair) still sure of June collection...

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
My dealer has stopped responding, so no updates since I got in the car and went in to the dealership back in Feb. Car shows a VIN and status as produced when inspecting the My Porsche page, but no responses to emails.
I’ve also explained that, and I know this is a first world problem, it would be nice to have some idea of timescale because I have £110k sat waiting which could be in a fixed term account earning money. Nothing.
May I ask which dealer? From reading through this thread it really seems as though some dealers in uk have really poor communications/customer service. Is this because supply
outwighs demand, at least for new cars, and so some dealers adopt a take it or leave it attitude. Time to name dealer locations??

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I’m at Bristol and people seem to have mixed reviews

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
West London. Whilst I don’t like the delay, my SA has always been very accurate, will return calls for an update etc.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Anyone else know if their Taycan is on the “Silver Ray”? just been told mine left Germany on said ship and was supposed to be docking 11pm last night, seems to be doing circles in the North Sea just outside Sheerness at the moment, not sure if this is normal or not 😂?
Was your Taycan on that ship? Elbe Highway left Emden for Sheerness this afternoon so might be on that one if you're still waiting (and anyone else using a southern dealer who has a car at Emden).

I have a Cayman GTS on order and Mid Sussex contacted me last week to say it was at Emden. My Taycan sat at Emden for two months though (plus it was one of the mythical July 2021 builds so was already 5 months delayed) so I'm not getting too excited just yet

Simpleelee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was your Taycan on that ship? Elbe Highway left Emden for Sheerness this afternoon so might be on that one if you're still waiting (and anyone else using a southern dealer who has a car at Emden).

I have a Cayman GTS on order and Mid Sussex contacted me last week to say it was at Emden. My Taycan sat at Emden for two months though (plus it was one of the mythical July 2021 builds so was already 5 months delayed) so I'm not getting too excited just yet
Yes mine was on the silver ray, sat at Sheerness at the moment, dealer hoping it will be with them on Friday 🙌🏻!
I don’t actually know how long mine was sat at Edmden for however my business partners Taycan is sat there and dealer said they have no idea when it will leave 😬.
How has reliability with your Taycan been?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Yes mine was on the silver ray, sat at Sheerness at the moment, dealer hoping it will be with them on Friday 🙌🏻!
I don’t actually know how long mine was sat at Edmden for however my business partners Taycan is sat there and dealer said they have no idea when it will leave 😬.
How has reliability with your Taycan been?
It's been fine. Apart from the standard recalls which everyone has had, it's been back to the dealer once in the 15 months I've had it. The GPS antenna failed so the SOS call function wasn't available and the tracker didn't work properly so I had about five calls from Vodafone to make sure my car hadn't been nicked. It was still drivable so wasn't that bothered.
I was a bit worried as it had probably sat in a field somewhere for a while and then at a salty sea port for two months (which is why you asked I expect)

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
question out of curiosity but if people who have recently received their cars have come as spec'd? Specifically the electric steering column and Bose?

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Same build day as you and Ive been told by my OPC that it was due to leave Emden today. It will be around 10 months from ordering to delivery which appears to be a good outcome - All getting very real!
Hope it made the boat! Do you have a collection date confirmed yet? Mine is still in Emden ☹
Sponsored