UK Owners - 50kw CCS Electric Highway Chargers (ecotricity)

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Honestly I've been to 4 or 5 different Electric Highway chargers at different sites and all of them have been problematic. Does anyone else use these? and can anyone give me any positive feedback about these pumps / chargers? am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I’ve tried in the past and they have never ever worked. I don’t get it either. Even with my Panamera, they never even managed to handshake to initiate charge

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Honestly I've been to 4 or 5 different Electric Highway chargers at different sites and all of them have been problematic. Does anyone else use these? and can anyone give me any positive feedback about these pumps / chargers? am I doing something wrong?
My Taycan is the second full battery electric vehicle I have run, first being the Jaguar I Pace for 2 years. So am just starting my 3rd year of ‘electric’ motoring.
So yes Electric Highway or Ecotricity CCS chargers are absolutely rubbish, never rely on them. I even wrote to my MP about Ecotricity monoply of chargers at our motorway service stations, just got a load of old flannel reply.
There are approximately 111 motorway services in England, of these only 84 have rapid CCS 50kW chargers and then only ONE per service area.
As usual our government has no interest in addressing the issue, no doubt Electric Highway treating the officials concerned to lots of junkets, am I cynical or not.
Rant over

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My Taycan is the second full battery electric vehicle I have run, first being the Jaguar I Pace for 2 years. So am just starting my 3rd year of ‘electric’ motoring.
So yes Electric Highway or Ecotricity CCS chargers are absolutely rubbish, never rely on them. I even wrote to my MP about Ecotricity monoply of chargers at our motorway service stations, just got a load of old flannel reply.
There are approximately 111 motorway services in England, of these only 84 have rapid CCS 50kW chargers and then only ONE per service area.
As usual our government has no interest in addressing the issue, no doubt Electric Highway treating the officials concerned to lots of junkets, am I cynical or not.
Rant over
Out of curiosity: how would you rate your Jaguar iPace experience?

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
Useful information, I was planning a trip with a stop at the services (Moto Cherwell Valley) for a quick charge - reading this (and frankly every other review I've seen about Ecotricity), I'll find a decently reviewed pub with a charger for the stop instead!

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Useful information, I was planning a trip with a stop at the services (Moto Cherwell Valley) for a quick charge - reading this (and frankly every other review I've seen about Ecotricity), I'll find a decently reviewed pub with a charger for the stop instead!
This sounds a better plan!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Cannot comment on Ecotricity but sad to hear other people's comments. On a positive note I have tried the BP Fast Chargers (150Kw) as well as Ionity (both only at one location each). For both, they worked flawlessly, especially the Ionity one. They worked, were fast, easy to start, stop and drive off. The only issue I had at the Ionity one was releasing the cable but a quick call to the helpline and they remotely unlocked it.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Electrocity should be named Electroshitty. I’ll never ever think of using them again!

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Out of curiosity: how would you rate your Jaguar iPace experience?
The I Pace was a very comfortable SUV, seems like a tank after a week in the Taycan . Don’t get me wrong handled well, not in Porsche league.
Plus points: good range, comfort, looks
Negatives: Software, yes OTA worked, but centre upper and lower screens could sometimes not boot up or take an age to come alive. This is on a car that has been in production for what at least 2 and a half years.
Jaguar have had many problems, screens, wiring looms, software, dealerships etc.
Jaguar seem to have lost there way with EV’s, developed the I Pace then dropped the ball. Rumours surround electric XJ as to whether it will happen especially since Jaguar Land Rover got a new CEO, who wanted to know why no electric Range Rover was being developed.
One of the main difficulties with the new era of battery electric vehicles is that the dealerships service tech’s have no idea when problems arise. In the Uk most dealerships only have one technician trained up for the I Pace, which has led to significant delays.
I did enjoy the I Pace but it felt more of a mass produced car compared to a Porsche

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The I Pace was a very comfortable SUV, seems like a tank after a week in the Taycan . Don’t get me wrong handled well, not in Porsche league.
Plus points: good range, comfort, looks
Negatives: Software, yes OTA worked, but centre upper and lower screens could sometimes not boot up or take an age to come alive. This is on a car that has been in production for what at least 2 and a half years.
Jaguar have had many problems, screens, wiring looms, software, dealerships etc.
Jaguar seem to have lost there way with EV’s, developed the I Pace then dropped the ball. Rumours surround electric XJ as to whether it will happen especially since Jaguar Land Rover got a new CEO, who wanted to know why no electric Range Rover was being developed.
One of the main difficulties with the new era of battery electric vehicles is that the dealerships service tech’s have no idea when problems arise. In the Uk most dealerships only have one technician trained up for the I Pace, which has led to significant delays.
I did enjoy the I Pace but it felt more of a mass produced car compared to a Porsche
Thanks! I am wondering what my wife may want to buy next year. Maybe wait for the electric Macan...

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Terrible. Jsut wanted half an hour trying to get one to work. Foudn q nearby Instavolt and a quick tqpbwith card and your are away. A journey down the M5 and I don't think there are any fast chargers. Stuck on this one for 2 hours.

Electrocity should be named Electroshitty. I’ll never ever think of using them again!
Sponsored