TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
So I am having an issue with the reset of the TPMS which just won't register since yesterday now.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/tpms-not-resetting.2584/

Called Porsche assist and was really surprised that this put me through to the AA! Would have thought that Porsche had their own assistance team rather than the generic AA folks.

Have Used BMW and Mercedes assist a few times who send out their own guys in their own estate 5 series / E Classes and who know what they are doing.

The AA guys just told me on the phone it's not an assist issue and that I should just book my car in whereas Hatfield Service told me this should be an easy one for Porsche assist as they can reset the TMPS for me.

Strange...Next available appointment is 28th October :clap: So now I have to drive my car not knowing if it does get a puncture or lower air pressure in any of the tyres as TMPS aint working! :mad:
Sponsored

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
People have been driving for literally 100 years without TMPS, i'm sure you'll be fine.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
People have been driving for literally 100 years without TMPS, i'm sure you'll be fine.
Indeed but car's were not this fast 100 years ago and even 2 years ago acceleration of this magnitude was unheard of. The Taycan is not the type of car you want to be taking guesses on!

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Ok so I managed to eventually sort this myself! I chose FULL LOAD and it eventually set itself!!

Will be interesting to see if anyone else has this issue when they fill up their tyres!

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Ok so I managed to eventually sort this myself! I chose FULL LOAD and it eventually set itself!!

Will be interesting to see if anyone else has this issue when they fill up their tyres!
I've had this periodically in my Macan & Panamera when the weather changes. Toggling between partial load & full load usually sorts it out, which is what you found out. Annoying & I swear they don't fix it because it creates service visits/$$$ for dealers!
Sponsored